Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

P3Dv4.2 loss of dynamic lights and ACFT flood lights

Hello guys,

i "suffer" from the loss of mentined lights under certain camera view angles.

I can 100% reproduce the issue on e.g. default EGKK (Gatwick) or even with the free scenery of Gatwick offered from UK2000!

The loss of lights happens only if the camera (or ACFT itself) faces an angle between 270 and 360 degrees and I can reproduce it on the ground as follows:

On default scenery: place the ACFT on STAND 130 (the plane faces S) and look with the camera in an external view towards the N or slightly toward NW. Moving your view up and down I loose the ground reflection of all the lights: e.g Nav lights. Looking from another angle e.g. from the tail, everything shows correct.

In flight, turning in circles above the ARP, my flood lights will always turn always off if my plane faces between 270 and 360deg.

Can somebody test this?

Best regards,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

24 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Hello guys,

i "suffer" from the loss of mentined lights under certain camera view angles.

I can 100% reproduce the issue on e.g. default EGKK (Gatwick) or even with the free scenery of Gatwick offered from UK2000!

The loss of lights happens only if the camera (or ACFT itself) faces an angle between 270 and 360 degrees and I can reproduce it on the ground as follows:

On default scenery: place the ACFT on STAND 130 (the plane faces S) and look with the camera in an external view towards the N or slightly toward NW. Moving your view up and down I loose the ground reflection of all the lights: e.g Nav lights. Looking from another angle e.g. from the tail, everything shows correct.

In flight, turning in circles above the ARP, my flood lights will always turn always off if my plane faces between 270 and 360deg.

Can somebody test this?

Best regards,

Gerald

Can you do a video so we can understand this better? also please clear your shaders and restart P3D I noticed you have ENVTEX on your signature so it is posible you need to refresh your shaders to resolve the problem.

S.

Hi @simbol,

I already deleted the shaders, removed ENVTEX and ENVSHADE, tried all sorts of things. I also did a clean install of my OS when I upgraded to v4.2.

I'm can't record a video now but the issue is present in multiple forums. If it's allowed I would like to post this link:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130179-vc-lights-issue/

I have exactly the same issue even outside the plane where the reflection of the red/green nav lights dissapear under certain angles.

Gerald K. - Germany

6 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Hi @simbol,

I already deleted the shaders, removed ENVTEX and ENVSHADE, tried all sorts of things. I also did a clean install of my OS when I upgraded to v4.2.

I'm can't record a video now but the issue is present in multiple forums. If it's allowed I would like to post this link:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130179-vc-lights-issue/

I have exactly the same issue even outside the plane where the reflection of the red/green nav lights dissapear under certain angles.

Ok I understand but I rather wait until you can record the video as some problems very are similar but can be related to different things and I want to be sure before we start troubleshooting.

S.

Flightbeam has stated that this happens under certain conditions at their airports.

Why that is so, they didn't say.

Cheers,

Mark

In this case I have the same issue on the default P3D EGKK scenery so I doubt it is "AddOn" scenery related.

One can test it: please take your NGX or A320 and park it at Stand 130 during night. Stand 130 in the default scenery will face the ACFT towards the S (towards the RWY). Power up to have at least the flood lights on in the cockpit and any other lights outside: e.g Nav Lights, Taxi Light,...

Now go to an external view so you can se the pilots. Since the ACFT faces S, if you see the pilots your camera should be facing somewhere N. In such a view, I dont see the reflection of those lights lights on the ground and even the light in the cockpit goes dark. Tilting the camera up and down or moving around the ACFT turns the reflections on again.

You can take it further and actualy take off from any RWY. Leave flood lights on in the cockpit and fly a circle above that region at e.g. 6000ft. My flood lights go off if my HDG is 270...360.

Gerald K. - Germany

Hi Gerald

Yes I confirm the exact same issue. I have been using the payware version of UK2000's Gatwick (latest version) and always the lights go out if my viewing angle is in a certain direction. I had noticed it previously on a number of other airports as I was taxiing around but hadn't paid much attention at the time. I think Heathrow was one of them and that was the Orbx England version I think. By the way I'm still using P3D 4.1 if that makes a difference.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

Hi Stu,

thank you for your reply. I have opened the same topic also on P3D forums. Still hoping to get some answers from the "big guys". This issue is realy bad...

BR

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

@newtie@stufer@honanhal and others,

would it be possible for you to jump in to this thread http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=128671 I openend on Prepar3d forum and report the issue?

Up to this point the thread didn't receive any love from LM and I hope to change it when more users complain.

Best regards and happy flights.

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

I had the same issue using the FSLabs 320, coupled with some flickering...

On 21.2.2018 at 10:30 PM, simbol said:

Ok I understand but I rather wait until you can record the video as some problems very are similar but can be related to different things and I want to be sure before we start troubleshooting.

S.

@simbol here are 2 demo videos (sorry for the quality):

https://youtu.be/-6Nxwv5wFto

https://youtu.be/KSuadPGJfHM

Regards,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

46 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@simbol here are 2 demo videos (sorry for the quality):

https://youtu.be/-6Nxwv5wFto

https://youtu.be/KSuadPGJfHM

Regards,

Gerald

Gerald,

I work constantly with Dynamic Lighting for my add-on's, after seeing your video I cannot replicate your problem, I noticed that you have Chase Plane while I am using EZDok.

Can you try to disable Chase Plane and perform the same test to see if you still experience the problem?

Regards,
Simbol

LOL...I just did and I think the issue is gone (I wrote "I think" because I had to reatach my hat sw for panning into P3D but controling the cam without CP is a bit clumsy).

Have opened a topic on CP forum....

EDIT: False positive: https://youtu.be/aG9AAKezXSs

Just reproduced w/o CP but had to zoom out...apparently a known issue (look at CP forum).

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany