Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

P3Dv4.2 loss of dynamic lights and ACFT flood lights

Here you go:

Vanilla P3D (again) only with 1 Addon UTLive: https://youtu.be/9XQLszIbIxQ

Upon resetting UTLive, lights work flawless, UTL fully initialized -> lights go off.

REMARK: This is a standard P3D installation! I have changed NO settings in the sim.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

hmmmm

Isnt the lighting of your aircraft being caused by the light radiating from the UTL model? if so then of course it would extinguish when you disable UTL as you have removed the light source?

The dynamic lights are still working because your nav lights are reflecting on the ground

53 minutes ago, kand said:

hmmmm

Isnt the lighting of your aircraft being caused by the light radiating from the UTL model? if so then of course it would extinguish when you disable UTL as you have removed the light source?

The dynamic lights are still working because your nav lights are reflecting on the ground

No it's not! It's the taxi light of the F22!

Gerald K. - Germany

isnt the taxi light on the nosewheel?

and the dynamic light from the taxi light is still visible beyond the nosewheel when you turn UTL off

Edited by kand

7 minutes ago, kand said:

isnt the taxi light on the nosewheel?

and the dynamic light from the taxi light is still visible beyond the nosewheel when you turn UTL off

I'm confused...there is only ONE light dissapearing at that is the light cone you see in front of the F22. That is the reflection of the nosewheel taxilight.

Gerald K. - Germany

I honestly think what you are seeing is the ambient dynamic light from the UTL models reflecting on the side of your aircraft. You can test this theory by leaving UTL enabled, reposition your F22 away from an airport and then run your test.

If the same conditons present, then my theory is broken!

if the F22 looks like it does when you disable UTL in your video...... well !

good luck

30 minutes ago, kand said:

I honestly think what you are seeing is the ambient dynamic light from the UTL models reflecting on the side of your aircraft. You can test this theory by leaving UTL enabled, reposition your F22 away from an airport and then run your test.

If the same conditons present, then my theory is broken!

if the F22 looks like it does when you disable UTL in your video...... well !

good luck

Are these lights also from UTL?

https://youtu.be/KSuadPGJfHM

I think you are mistaken the lights of the F22 due to poor quality of the video. But honestly, if you have read the thread, or at least the last posts, you would have seen that without UTL that front F22 light can be seen all the time ;)

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

18 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I think you are mistaken the lights of the F22 due to poor quality of the video. But honestly, if you have read the thread, or at least the last posts, you would have seen that without UTL that front F22 light can be seen all the time ;)

Although I have seen the video and I can see the problem logically I don't understand why UTL would cause this when all it does is injection of AI traffic.

So here goes another theory, what if P3D is reducing the dynamic lighting due to performance issues, how much traffic do you have enabled on UTL? Can you reduce the amount of traffic and see what happens?

Another test is to leave UTL running and press SHIFT + T which just disables the traffic temporally but UTL remains active.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

Signature3.png

Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/XC82TqvKQ3

37 minutes ago, simbol said:

So here goes another theory, what if P3D is reducing the dynamic lighting due to performance issues, how much traffic do you have enabled on UTL? Can you reduce the amount of traffic and see what happens?

Another test is to leave UTL running and press SHIFT + T which just disables the traffic temporally but UTL remains active.

Seriously...you are a genius!

I always have Commercials to about 50% and GenAv to 30%. Indeed reducing the ammount of traffic step by step (Ctrl+Shift+F11) I observed the issue beeing lesser and lesser. Finally at a combo of 45% and 25% the lights stayed on all the time :D. Maybe because 4.2 uses more resources than 4.1, I haven't seen this issue till now.

But how can UTL drain my resources (talking here abaout Vanilla P3D with standard config and only UTL running)? I still can add all the addons (from my signature) and I'm able to fly even the FSL bus at decent fluidity (and also at night).

Another thing is that "injecting" the sim with all those addons the issue does not get worse.

• Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Ah I see now, yes

I remember reading that P3d has a maximum amount of dynamic lights rendered, when this limit is reached it will cull, so injecting more simobjects could be what is triggering this as opposed to UTL

23 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Seriously...you are a genius!

I always have Commercials to about 50% and GenAv to 30%. Indeed reducing the ammount of traffic step by step (Ctrl+Shift+F11) I observed the issue beeing lesser and lesser. Finally at a combo of 45% and 25% the lights stayed on all the time :D. Maybe because 4.2 uses more resources than 4.1, I haven't seen this issue till now.

But how can UTL drain my resources (talking here abaout Vanilla P3D with standard config and only UTL running)? I still can add all the addons (from my signature) and I'm able to fly even the FSL bus at decent fluidity (and also at night).

Another thing is that "injecting" the sim with all those addons the issue does not get worse.

A lot of users asked LM to improve the performance of DL under 4.2.

This is one of the techniques they must have applied to keep your simulation smooth, the most AI you have around the more amount of CPU, Memory and GPU resources your PC will consume.

Anyway, happy to help.

All the best 

Simbol 

Signature3.png

On 3/3/2018 at 11:46 AM, simbol said:

A lot of users asked LM to improve the performance of DL under 4.2.

This is one of the techniques they must have applied to keep your simulation smooth, the most AI you have around the more amount of CPU, Memory and GPU resources your PC will consume. 

Coming to this late, but I don’t think this is a change in 4.2. I get the same behavior (seeming to hit a max number of light sources in high AI areas, although my AI isn’t using DL) in 4.1. Haven’t switched to 4.2 yet.

It’s actually fairly annoying as it means the flight deck of my aircraft has flickering lights on and off on approach and final to any major hub at night...and even some not-so-major hubs.

James

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

Coming to this late, but I don’t think this is a change in 4.2. I get the same behavior (seeming to hit a max number of light sources in high AI areas, although my AI isn’t using DL) in 4.1. Haven’t switched to 4.2 yet.

It’s actually fairly annoying as it means the flight deck of my aircraft has flickering lights on and off on approach and final to any major hub at night...and even some not-so-major hubs.

James

Hi James,

The good news is that at at least you know now how to alleviate the problem.

Regards,
Simbol

Signature3.png

3 hours ago, honanhal said:

James

Some, as you also, already experienced something simmilar in 4.1, I did not. I said "something simmilar" because this strange behaviour could be the result of many things. I newer pushed my system to the limmits since I enjoy a smoother flight then perfect looks. Due to v4.2 using "a bit" more resources, this might just have been the reason for which I'm experiencing this now.

At my end I took the hours and days to find what could be causing it and reproduced the issue every thime. I already opened a ticket and a forum topic over to Flight1 and hope to get somekind of explanation of what is going on. Furthermore, the issue has been reported on many other DEVS forums, users thinking that the pw ACFT is "broken". Therefore I kinda jumped in on all those and posted my findings. Some of the DEVs did contact directly F1 to find the root cause.

Unfortunately, I find here no feedback from users to report "exactly" the same issue: "exactly" meaning to switch off traffic and see if the problem reverts to normal in an instant. If there were more to report the "link" SimObj to DL, one might be more forecomming to understand it's not a "user" issue.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

On 3/6/2018 at 12:10 PM, simbol said:

Hi James,

The good news is that at at least you know now how to alleviate the problem.

Regards,
Simbol

Just had this happen on approach to Imaginesim WSSS using the PMDG 777. No exterior lights (e.g. landing lights and logo) at all on approach when looking toward the airport. Then, within about 5 NM of the airport the lights all cut out altogether no matter where I pointed the camera. A very dark taxi in!

But the reason I'm posting is this: I cut my AI out completely (slider to zero), remembering this thread, and there was no change. Still no dynamic lights of any kind. Especially strange since the airport itself uses no dynamic lights and my AI is also not using dynamic lights.

All of which is to say, Simbol, that in spite of your great work trying to isolate the source of this problem, I think it's still not quite a solved mystery.

James

Edited by honanhal