Sign in to follow this  
filou

Do I need better than that?

Guest Mik75
32 minutes ago, TurboTomato said:

So that's XP11 photo scenery (ortho?) yes? How do you get the perfectly placed autogen on it? This is ultimately what I want but from what I gather it involves a lot of downloading in both cases (I've downloaded 100s of GBs of photo scenery for P3D).

I´m pretty sure that´s ortho4XP generated scenery, with the addition of X Europe (places buidilngs, vegetation, roads, etc. by using OSM data) on top. Creates unbelievably realistic scenery (although the quality of OSM data varies, and so does the placement and density of autogen) and it is free (donation-) ware. Results in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, nothern Italy, southern and eastern france are spectecular!

30 minutes ago, TurboTomato said:

So that's XP11 photo scenery (ortho?) yes? How do you get the perfectly placed autogen on it? This is ultimately what I want but from what I gather it involves a lot of downloading in both cases (I've downloaded 100s of GBs of photo scenery for P3D).

XP11 with last beta. Ortho4xp (16) / X-Europe / Reshade / MaxxFX / Forest HD / XP11 settings max objets / XP11 shadows scenery "on"/ XP11 weather by default / Autogen must to be on the top of ortho4xp. With all this we are very far from P3D you can believe me... 

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Guest Mik75
6 minutes ago, costamesa said:

And system specs?

Are in his signature. On my old machine (i5 3570k @ 4.3, 16 GB CL9 RAM, GTX1070, SSD, scenery on external USB3 HDD), I get 35 fps in average over such scenery (about 23-35 in the demanding A320U by Flight Factor, 30-55 in GA aircraft)

Thanks. But i cant see his signature?

How does HDD effect loading times in X-Plane? I mean during the flight

Ahmet Can

Guest Mik75
10 minutes ago, costamesa said:

Thanks. But i cant see his signature?

How does HDD effect loading times in X-Plane? I mean during the flight

So, you’re probably using a mobile browser? You can see it in the common browsers on your PC. 

My main sim is installed on my system SSD, the airports as well. All ortho scenery (2TB and growing) and the overlays (autogen, streets, etc.) are on my external 5TB USB3 HDD. The sim is super fluid with occasional stutters if a new region is being loaded. It’s only a matter of seconds, and doesn’t spoil the overall experience. Initial loading times are 2-3 minutes, after selecting a plane and origin airfield. 

19 hours ago, costamesa said:

And system specs?

I7 4790K / GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 / KINGSTON 24GB RAM DDR3 1866Hz CL9 HyperX / CORSAIR HYDRO H60 / SSD CRUCIAL M500 480BG / GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

19 hours ago, Guest Mik75 said:

I´m pretty sure that´s ortho4XP generated scenery, with the addition of X Europe (places buidilngs, vegetation, roads, etc. by using OSM data) on top. Creates unbelievably realistic scenery (although the quality of OSM data varies, and so does the placement and density of autogen) and it is free (donation-) ware. Results in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, nothern Italy, southern and eastern france are spectecular!

The huge difference now is that I travel without imagination and It changed my way of flying...Can not go back.

On 22/2/2018 at 2:01 AM, filou said:

You need some help?

Yes please, what did you mean with: 'I prove to you all "unpretentious"... '?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

41 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Yes please, what did you mean with: 'I prove to you all "unpretentious"... '?

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/unpretentious

The next step will be the synonyms. 

Just now, filou said:

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/unpretentious

The next step will be the synonyms. 

Your remark seemed hostile towards the subjects it were aimed to, that's why I asked. Your attitude doesn't seem to be the best, if you use condescending remarks towards people who comment your screenshots.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

16 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Your remark seemed hostile towards the subjects it were aimed to, that's why I asked. Your attitude doesn't seem to be the best, if you use condescending remarks towards people who comment your screenshots.

That it was my comment :

"Thank.With this shot I prove to you all "unpretentious" the importance of Reshade and MaxxFX.I did not invent anything."

It is not a postgraduate-level comment is not it? 

With a synonym that would be:

Thank. With this shot I prove to you all modestly the importance of Reshade and MaxxFX. I did not invent anything. 

" Your attitude doesn't seem to be the best, if you use condescending remarks towards people who comment your screenshots" 

Regarding the comments: It allows me without forcing to select what I want to read. 

Make the difference between commenting on the shot and commenting on the comment. It can help you. 

8 minutes ago, filou said:

That it was my comment :

"Thank.With this shot I prove to you all "unpretentious" the importance of Reshade and MaxxFX.I did not invent anything."

It is not a postgraduate-level comment is not it? 

With a synonym that would be:

Thank. With this shot I prove to you all modestly the importance of Reshade and MaxxFX. I did not invent anything. 

" Your attitude doesn't seem to be the best, if you use condescending remarks towards people who comment your screenshots" 

Regarding the comments: It allows me without forcing to select what I want to read. 

Make the difference between commenting on the shot and commenting on the comment. It can help you. 

Ok, now it is clearer. I misunderstood your sentence. I thought "unpretentious" was an adjective referring to the readers, and didn't sound kind to me. While, as you now explained, it was meant as an adverb, i.e. "modestly". Misunderstandings like these can happen online, especially when using a language that isn't the native one for the speakers.

EDIT: I reckon "unpretentious" is an adjective indeed, while "unpretentiously" would have been the correct word you should have used. That would have avoided misunderstandings.

Neverthless, in my opinion you could obtain a better feedback from the community if you try to use a more friendly and less condenscending attitude. It is very easy to misunderstand the tone of a message behind a screen.

Edited by Murmur

29 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Ok, now it is clearer. I misunderstood your sentence. I thought "unpretentious" was an adjective referring to the readers, and didn't sound kind to me. While, as you now explained, it was meant as an adverb, i.e. "modestly". Misunderstandings like these can happen online, especially when using a language that isn't the native one for the speakers.

EDIT: I reckon "unpretentious" is an adjective indeed, while "unpretentiously" would have been the correct word you should have used. That would have avoided misunderstandings.

Neverthless, in my opinion you could obtain a better feedback from the community if you try to use a more friendly and less condenscending attitude. It is very easy to misunderstand the tone of a message behind a screen.

You are very enthusiastic. I realize that you are much more talkative about my comment than my shot....

I prefer to use my shots  for long speeches. They tell a lot more and in a universal language.And in this case your alibi disappears. 

1 hour ago, filou said:

That it was my comment :

Hi Filou,

your sentence, translated it back to french, means:

"Avec cette capture je prouve à vous tous "non prétentieux" l'importance de [...] "

... which is not what you meant in the first place. I also misinterpreted this sentence and found it very snarky. Thanks for clearing that up.

Pascal

I realize that you are much more talkative about my comment than my shot.... [...] And in this case your alibi disappears.

But why do you keep looking down on Murmur ? He brought to your attention a problem with your message. Now the translation issue is solved, but you go on with some other dismissive remarks !

Edited by Pascal_LSGC
  • Upvote 1