Sign in to follow this  
Faelandaea

Sound Issues

I am the only one who has purchased this product to have this issue, so I know for a fact it is something obvious I am missing, which is as embarrassing as it gets.  Either way, here goes ...

The sounds for the cabin boarding on my headset are absolutely horrible sounding.  Also, any and all sound effects are full volume.  According to the manual I can use the INT volume control to raise and lower FS2Crew volume.  However, this seems to ONLY effect the first officer and not anything else at all.  Out of desperation I tried the PA volume as well, but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?  And how do I get this horrible distortion out of the boarding sounds?  The only thing I can understand is the FA saying "Can I get your jacket please?" every 10 seconds, but the rest sounds like a garbled mess of electronic nightmare.  :(

I made a video of it, but not going to upload it unless you guys need it.

You shouldn't hear "cabin boarding" sounds out of your headset.

I suspect those sounds may be coming from another program, maybe the Maddog itself.

Send me the video so I can confirm whether the sound is from us.

Remember: When you press HS on the FS2Crew Main Panel, and if the headset audio device is selected on the CFG panel for your headset, generally only the FO's dialogue will be heard.

It's like if you're using the headset in the real plane.  We tried to copy that feeling.

You'd hear the FO, but engine sounds and other sounds, etc., would still come through your main speakers.

Best,

OH!  Not that.  I meant the headset I am physically wearing.  HS was not selected because I actually wanted to hear the sounds.  Give me about 10 minutes to finish the upload to YouTube for you, Sir.  And thank you.

Yeah, that's the FS2Crew cabin boarding sound.  It was recorded from a real plane :-)

It the sound of the passengers boarding the plane... we use it in most of the FS2Crew's.

You can't control it's volume.

Once you turn on the air conditioning the cockpit, the fan noise drowns most of that sound out.

INT only controls the crew volume.

I can lower the volume if you like, but it's hard coded.

The volume wasn't the issue.  I actually LOVE the boarding sounds in the other FS2Crew aircraft.  What I was talking about was the fact that on the Maddog, at least on my setup, the sounds were all "robotic" and garbled ... distorted.  It sounds an absolute mess.  I could make out the lady saying "May I have your jacket, please", but the rest sounded like a digitized mess.  

So ... volume = good.  Did the sounds not sound all robotic and screwed up on the video to you?  I don;t know.  It may be hard to hear on the YouTube video, but on 7.1 surround headphones it was painful.  :(  So on this bird I may indeed have to go headset so I can hear only the first officer (you said above that "HS" cuts out everything but the First Officer, right?).  :(

In other FS2Crew aircraft, it sounds nothing even remotely close to this.  It sounds like people boarding in the back.  No static.  And I am having such a hard time wording this, but think of a radio transmission that is borderline out of range and barely picking up the signal ... that's how it sounds to me.

Edited by Faelandaea Dravin

I think I found the issue.  Something corrupted.  I uninstalled and reinstalled FS2Crew and it fixed the issue.  I still have odd issues where the F/O sometimes speaks in different volumes, but the other sounds are not near as obnoxious now.  ~shrug~

I still have these issues, even after reinstalling:

• distorted boarding sounds
  • flightattendant (e.g. opening flightdeck door and asking for boarding), groundcrew (asking for fuel) and FO buckling up is way too loud and volume can't be controlled with any of the switches
  • sound levels of the FO change mid-speech (US voice while starting engines)

Any help?

I also get this "sound from hell" distorted sound. FSX version. (sorry for being over dramatic, but you can hear in the Video above, it sounds like screams of hell) 😄 

Will trie reinstall and audio driver update and report here. 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

14 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

I also get this "sound from hell" distorted sound. FSX version. (sorry for being over dramatic, but you can hear in the Video above, it sounds like screams of hell) 😄 

Will trie reinstall and audio driver update and report here. 

Before re-installing your audio driver, manually delete this file:

FS2CrewData.ini

It's located here:

C:\users\****your user name***\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDogRB\SavedData

Then re-install FS2Crew.

8 minutes ago, byork said:

Before re-installing your audio driver, manually delete this file:

FS2CrewData.ini

It's located here:

C:\users\****your user name***\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDogRB\SavedData

Then re-install FS2Crew.

Will do so, now testing.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Still the same. I could also upload a Video if this helps any way? 

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020