Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

Engine/Electrical Shutdown

Hey Team,

First, I want to say that this is my first Leonardo product, and it's truly magnificent. Well made, indeed! I do have a question for you all; why will my engines/electrical system cut out suddenly?

The engine (which, I believe triggers the electrical cut out) will occur after engine start up, and/or immediately after take off.

My initial flight was a success (with no eng/elec issues), but for every flight since, i've had my Eng shut down randomly either after push and start, or take off. Knowing that i've completed one flight successfully makes me think it's user error.

What system/procedure could i be ignoring that allows this shutdown to happen? I'm following the checklists to a T (I hope), and the only thing I can point to is to FS2CREW and some of the commands I give them. I think it has to do with the APU gen or something.

Any insight would be appreciated!

The apu should be off already on take off.

Not sure about your flow but maybe a few things to check..some things is say dont really lead to engine shutoff always but still maybe check it.

First deactivate random failures so you know you do something wrong or not.

Then after both engines are on check if you have N1 over 20 and that no L R gen failure light are on. If so, try reset generators or repeat.

Turn off the apu, close crossbleed, activate the air-conditioning and galley. Have aux and hyd on to hi, and transfer. Set TO thrust.

Check if fuel is too cold too, if so turn on heater. Turn on fuelpumps.

On departure  slowly advance thrust levers  to the needed level, check that the display of the engine parameter is NOT flashing and listen for warning sound. Set autothrust and takeoff. Should work.

Edited by SaenchaySor

BetaTeamB.png

Do you have any mixture axis assigned? Don't know about the Maddog (still learning) but on other complex addons a small spike on your controller can ruin your day with an engine shut down.

Exactly the same situation is here, but I never had engine shutdown, only electrical power drops down for 1sec, and the electrical system re-initializing, I always have to re-program FMC. Very very annoying. Saiitek pro flight yoke here too, no mixture axis configured for throttle quadrant.

@panselmo follow @SaenchaySor directions above, for some reason it seems to have helped my issue. Not sure exactly which suggestion helped though.

@SaenchaySor Sometimes my engine parameter does flash on take off - what does that mean? What can I do to prevent?

Thanks, but not helped. Yesterday happened again. All went ok during the entire of flight. After landing, during vacating the rway, happened again. There's no any action made during vacate rway, electrical system shutdown for a sec, and back again.

Regards.

Hello,

I performed 3 flights and got this issue with 2 of them! Fisrt one approaching CYVR arriving from KRNO (fuel low but not empty!), the second time 40mn after taking off from CYVR to PANC with normal fuel load.

I Wonder if the problem is caused by 2X time acceleration?

I try again without modifying time.

Skip.

On 2.3.2018 at 6:51 AM, panselmo said:

Thanks, but not helped. Yesterday happened again. All went ok during the entire of flight. After landing, during vacating the rway, happened again. There's no any action made during vacate rway, electrical system shutdown for a sec, and back again.

Regards.

Ok, just to make sure you really mean an electrical shutdown. What exactly happens if you think you have this? You only see the displays flashing? Or you really loose power of the generators (you can see the warning message in the display then).

After touchdown, at a time after vacating (not sure when exactly) some systems make a self-test. Then the display lights are flashing, go off and on etc. If you mean this, thats normal. Of yourse you dont loose generators in this case.

Also, be sure to deactivate failures. Only this way you can make sure its not a random failure.

• Upvote 1

BetaTeamB.png

Is it possible that it could be the APU/APU Gen turning on, and ‘pulse’ it’s self to life as it transfers from engine gen>>apu gen?