Sign in to follow this  
moekarout

Sound is not that good

Hey guys 

i may have missed somwthing in the manual or so 

Is it just me or the overall sound quality is not good?

like I cant even hear engines spooling on take off even external they sound like the default aircraft 

am i missing something here?

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello!

I know that the engines are not that loud on the flightdeck and so on... but I dont think they are THAT quite. And I barely cant hear them outside of the aircraft. The engine sound is in general wide below the awesomeness of the rest.

Is there an update planned? Or maybe does anyone know a good soundpack?

Thanks

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

On the flightdeck they indeed are THAT quiet.

The exterior sounds need some work, that's true.

• Upvote 2

Juan Ramos

For myself, I have never flown in the cockpit but I have flown many flights as pax in first class in 80 and 88 and I will tell you all I ever heard up there was a "ssswooossshhhh" which was a combination of flow noise and engine. Great ride up there.

1 hour ago, xender said:

On the flightdeck they indeed are THAT quiet.

The exterior sounds need some work, that's true.

Watched some more videos, seems it is really very quiet on the flightdeck. But yeah, outside sounds like a damaged hairdryer :biggrin:

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

55 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

Watched some more videos, seems it is really very quiet on the flightdeck. But yeah, outside sounds like a damaged hairdryer :biggrin:

The external sounds are horrible.  The internal cockpit sounds I think are quite good however I can hear a couple looping effects at cruise.  Gets rather annoying after a bit.

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

Others above are correct!  They are indeed that quiet on the flight deck. It's the longest tube liner with engines mounted on the rear, and of course he engine placement makes it even more quiet. Other variants of the aircraft are a little shorter thus may be a LITTLE louder.

NOTE:  As I mentioned in the other thread on this issue, it is possible for you to modify the sounds.  On the original Maddog the sounds were not quite as accurate as they are with this version and I edited the sounds to make them better.  It takes a little knowledge and some freeware tools which are readily available, but after reading (Google "Microsoft ESP Sound") most anyone can easily do it.  So if you wish, you can modify the sounds as much as you like.

Best wishes everyone.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

So, there's no plans to work on the external sounds then?

If so, that's fine. We're just used to the soundscapes we get in our other study sims...externally speaking.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

To honest, I don't know if there are plans to look at the external sounds sounds or not.  Maybe Davide, Stefano or Michele will chime in?

If not, I will probably take a stab at it, but it will be some while before I have enough free time to do it as I'm currently working four other aircraft besides the Maddog plus another flight sim product.  Plus it's now summer where I'm at and the wife has alll sorts of plans for me.  I'm probably be able to do it sometime after the Las Vegas conference.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Others above are correct!  They are indeed that quiet on the flight deck. It's the longest tube liner with engines mounted on the rear, and of course he engine placement makes it even more quiet. Other variants of the aircraft are a little shorter thus may be a LITTLE louder.

NOTE:  As I mentioned in the other thread on this issue, it is possible for you to modify the sounds.  On the original Maddog the sounds were not quite as accurate as they are with this version and I edited the sounds to make them better.  It takes a little knowledge and some freeware tools which are readily available, but after reading (Google "Microsoft ESP Sound") most anyone can easily do it.  So if you wish, you can modify the sounds as much as you like.

Best wishes everyone.

Dave,  Has there been any reports of looping sounds?  The wind sound when in cruise has a very distinctive loop to it.

Matt Wilson

Yes sir, but thanks for the report.  We're aware of it.  I can't remember for sure, but I believe it's corrected in the version currently under test and due out shortly.

Thanks again!

Dave Hodges

Thanks for the clarification on the sound topic!

I found this in the meantime: http://secure.simmarket.com/turbine-sound-studios-md-8x-jt8d-hd-soundpack-fsx.phtml

This should work with the mad dog?

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I have read that it works but TSS is also working on an updated sound pack, the previews sound great and I’ll wait for that to be released.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I tried now the above soundpack from TSS, not perfect but way better.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020