Sign in to follow this  
gypsyczar

Flaps problem

For some reason none of the flaps commands work.  Most other commands work fine.  Since I use FSUIPC almost exclusively to assign controls I have cleaned out the P3D control assignments.  Do the FS2Crew flap commands require some default control assignments to function?

Also, is there something that precludes setting speed and heading on the ground?  Setting either in the air works fine.

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

Some more things.  "Set 110.7 on Nav1"  It shows correctly in the green bar, but nothing happens in the A/C.  Once again, are default control assignments needed?

Parker Freeman - KTPA

Hi Parker,

Flaps:  Your joystick is overriding it somehow.  The FS2Crew flaps require no default control assignments.

Are you able to control the flaps with your joystick?

Speed and heading on ground:  That's deliberate.  You'd never ask for it on the ground so were eliminating the possibility of a false trigger if the speech system somehow picks the command up.

Nav: I recall this was an interface limitation, but I'll check.

I can get the FO to set course on my side but he does not respond to "Set 110.7 on Nav1" or "Set 110.7 on my side"

Richard

That's correct.  You can set the course via a speech command.

But I recall Nav and Comm had an interface issue with the Maddog, which is why Nav and Comm frequences weren't in the old Maddog.

I'm going to look again.  No promises, but if I can somehow get Nav and Comm frequencies to work with Maddog Reboot, I will.

Cheers,

I have deleted all my flaps controls in the controls section and the FO will still not set flaps

Well.. I spoke too soon. It reverted back to not working again. He set the flaps for t/o once and then wouldn't acknowledge flaps up or slats retract. Now he won't set them anymore. 

flap bindings in the sim are deleted and those controllers are disabled. I'm using FSUIPC and I removed flap bindings there as well. 

Bryan,

I am still having the problem,  For example after landing saying "flaps up" shows correctly in the green bar yet nothing happens,  

OK, sitting "ready to fly". TAXI showing in the FS2Crew window.  I say "flaps full"  the green bar says  flaps forty and nothing happens.  The ONLY flaps binding that I have is through FSUIPC for flaps Incr and flaps decrease

Parker Freeman - KTPA

4 hours ago, byork said:

Are you following the manual and saying the right things?

Do you see the phrase in the green bar?

Yes. I’ve followed the manual exactly. He won’t set flaps. I’ve had him do it once during the taxi check I think but never again. After takeoff I ask for flaps up, nothing. It says “ flaps up” in the green bar. I’ll manually retract them and then go thru the descent and approach portions. When I as for “flaps 15” it says that in the bar, the FO responds “speed check” then nothing. 

5 hours ago, gypsyczar said:

Bryan,

I am still having the problem,  For example after landing saying "flaps up" shows correctly in the green bar yet nothing happens,  

OK, sitting "ready to fly". TAXI showing in the FS2Crew window.  I say "flaps full"  the green bar says  flaps forty and nothing happens.  The ONLY flaps binding that I have is through FSUIPC for flaps Incr and flaps decrease

Why are you saying "Flaps Up" after landing?

You should call "After Landing Check"... that is the trigger for the FO to perform his after landing flow, at which time he cleans up the flaps.

Remember that in FS2Crew, we tie a lot of the possible commands to modes.

This to done deliberately to prevent the speech system, for example, from giving you full flaps in cruise if  somehow the Flaps down command is detected by you coughing  or something.

Be sure to run the Voice Training.

Also...

Look on page 35 of the manual.

You need to say "Flaps Up", and finally to bring everything up, you'd say "Slats Retract".

4 hours ago, byork said:

Why are you saying "Flaps Up" after landing?

You should call "After Landing Check"... that is the trigger for the FO to perform his after landing flow, at which time he cleans up the flaps.

Remember that in FS2Crew, we tie a lot of the possible commands to modes.

This to done deliberately to prevent the speech system, for example, from giving you full flaps in cruise if  somehow the Flaps down command is detected by you coughing  or something.

Be sure to run the Voice Training.

Also...

Look on page 35 of the manual.

You need to say "Flaps Up", and finally to bring everything up, you'd say "Slats Retract".

I’ve run voice training in the past. Everything I say is recognized and shown correctly on the green bar. He doesn’t set flaps before taxi and he won’t set them when I’m in the approach phase. I have to do it manually.