Sign in to follow this  
shant592

The worst experience with a 4K display

Im gonna pickup a 1440p/144hz display tonight and try that out.  One of them will go back :P.  Just a matter of finding that perfect balance.  I am leaning toward the 1440.  I feel like since I am at a close distance, why use all my computing resources.  

Its a shame.  Try flying the FSL A320  into SFO, LAX, or LHR with ORBX regions ON and youll see why its a killer and  show stopper  

14ppkc-6.png

Alright all update.  Got a 27" 144hz 1440p display. Def running alot smoother but at 4xMSAA still gettig allot of jaggies.  Any advice?

46 minutes ago, shant592 said:

Alright all update.  Got a 27" 144hz 1440p display. Def running alot smoother but at 4xMSAA still gettig allot of jaggies.  Any advice?

I run with 4xSSAA which is a lot better I find than 4xMSAA and slightly better than 8xMSAA with no hit on performance. But then again I'm running a 1080TI. If I go to 8xSSAA then there is a massive hit.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 15/03/2018 at 6:31 AM, ShezA said:

What about the input lag for mouse movement etc. when at 30Hz. Very difficult to have smooth computer use. That is why I moved back to 60Hz.

Shez

I locked externally to 30 FPS using NVidia Inspector, which gave the same overall quality of 30 Hz and VSync ON and unlimited FPS, with the advantage that the mouse is not sluggish anymore. Screen back to 60 Hz is by far the best option to me.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 15/03/2018 at 4:24 PM, FunknNasty said:

Omg! Unless you’re in your underwear laying on a couch looking at 40”+ monitor hanging on the wall ya’ll should be on a 1080 or 1440p monitor.

geez.  :-)

I have 55" standing half a meter in front of me, with the clear advantage that my airliners panels are all real sized. :-)

Edited by Wanthuyr Filho

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I run with 4xSSAA which is a lot better I find than 4xMSAA and slightly better than 8xMSAA with no hit on performance. But then again I'm running a 1080TI. If I go to 8xSSAA then there is a massive hit.

3 hours ago, shant592 said:

Yeah, right now I'm using 4xSSAA with Nvidia Inspector 4xSGAA transparency. ....for the longest time (with the 1070, i'm on the 1080ti now) I was using 8xMSAA with Inspector 4xSGAA Transparency.

Edit: I'm on a 1920x1200 monitor.

Edited by FunknNasty

2 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

Yeah, right now I'm using 4xSSAA with Nvidia Inspector 4xSGAA transparency. ....for the longest time (with the 1070, i'm on the 1080ti now) I was using 8xMSAA with Inspector 4xSGAA Transparency.

Edit: I'm on a 1920x1200 monitor.

Any other NI settings?

On 3/15/2018 at 9:42 AM, Vali said:

The alternative is to lock at 30 fps with the Nvidia Inspector (and Vsync OFF in P3D but on Adaptive in Nvidia Inspector and with 1/2 refresh rate).

Is a compromise between smoothness and input lag for the mouse but it works decent for me.

Thanks for the tip. It works for me 

14ppkc-6.png

Just a note for your guys running Nvidia Inspector if you delete it completely you will still see your fps still locked at whatever you set. Personally I will never use Nvidia Inspector again. Just remember to reset all your setting back to default if you decide to not use Nvidia Inspector. I will say no more.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Just a note for your guys running Nvidia Inspector if you delete it completely you will still see your fps still locked at whatever you set. Personally I will never use Nvidia Inspector again. Just remember to reset all your setting back to default if you decide to not use Nvidia Inspector. I will say no more.

I agree. nVidia Inspector rarely provides any real improvement in either visual quality or performance. It's just another way that a user can mess up either a game or the whole PC.

• Upvote 1

I use NV Profile Inspector (I don't leave home without it) for one very specific reason -shimmering.  I engage only one setting: SuperSample Transparency -4xsgaa-.

A word of caution: Inspector can leave you with undesired results if used carelessly. 

My basics: Make sure Nvidia CP and Inspector _GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (Base Profile) are at default. My Inspector "" Prepared """ profile has just the above mentioned setting engaged.

22 hours ago, shant592 said:

Any other NI settings?

For you guys that set 4x SGAA within NVInspector, what is the impact on your frame rate?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

On 20/03/2018 at 7:52 AM, Wanthuyr Filho said:

For you guys that set 4x SGAA within NVInspector, what is the impact on your frame rate?

Huge, if you get around serious clouds.

its all a matter of trade offs between performance, shimmering/ jugginess and dynamic lights. As your blanket size is a given constant, you just need to decide which areas to cover and which to leave exposed....

btw, i’m contemplating a replacement for my aging 23” screen.

I know I’ll get a 1080, probably larger (had 27” in mind) but other then that, what else should I look for? (Frequency, responsiveness etc.)