Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

FSX-SE Elevator Not Moving Whole Way

i would suggest you to duble check autopilot is not accidentally engaged - check button and joystick assigments for this action, i had this kind of surprise once. I'm saying this becouse it really looks like autopilot issue.

Another possibility, it could be about Duplicate Assignments - check all joysticks for axis and button assigments and delete assigments you do not use. You may need to delete them twice, FSX has a bugg and they will probably reappear after you delete them first time. Also, if using FSUIPC, delete all FSX assigments and disable controllers in FSX Display menu. 

15 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Does your yoke work OK with P3D?

Yes.

2 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

Controller wearing out? If equipped with potentiometers they could be giving up.. 
When the elevator/aileron problems start to arise go to windows calibration and see if the controller is moving in full travel. 
If not, it's time for repair or new controller.

I don't think it's the controller because it works fine in FSX Boxed and P3D.  I only have this problem in FSX-SE.

15 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Did you install any add-ons into FSX after the first day (when it originally worked)?

I did install KsimSaver, but disabling that did not help.  I also installed some add on missions, and AI Carriers 2, so I will try uninstalling those and I will let you know how that goes.

1 hour ago, lodestar said:

i would suggest you to duble check autopilot is not accidentally engaged - check button and joystick assigments for this action, i had this kind of surprise once. I'm saying this becouse it really looks like autopilot issue.

Another possibility, it could be about Duplicate Assignments - check all joysticks for axis and button assigments and delete assigments you do not use. You may need to delete them twice, FSX has a bugg and they will probably reappear after you delete them first time. Also, if using FSUIPC, delete all FSX assigments and disable controllers in FSX Display menu. 

Yes it seems like autopilot to me too, but I don't think the AP is on, but I will double check.   I will also check for duplicate assignments.

Thanks for all the good advice.

Caleb

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

32 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

I did install KsimSaver, but disabling that did not help.

Just disabling an app doesn't always help if it's the cause of a problem. You need to uninstall it. You can always reinstall it if it's not causing the problem. As the boxed edition of FSX works normally, look to see what is different (add-ons, settings) in FSX:SE and one of those things will most likely be the source of your problem. Compare the FSX.cfg files for each version.

I would say that it's highly unlikely to be FSX:SE itself which is at fault because it's essentially just FSX Gold boxed edition with some improvements and bug fixes.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

4 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Just disabling an app doesn't always help if it's the cause of a problem. You need to uninstall it. You can always reinstall it if it's not causing the problem. As the boxed edition of FSX works normally, look to see what is different (add-ons, settings) in FSX:SE and one of those things will most likely be the source of your problem. Compare the FSX.cfg files for each version.

I would say that it's highly unlikely to be FSX:SE itself which is at fault because it's essentially just FSX Gold boxed edition with some improvements and bug fixes.

Well, I did close it.  That is the most I can do.  KsimSaver is only an .exe that you open right out if the extracted zip file that you download, so you really can't uninstall it.

I will compare the addons and .cfg files from the FSX Gold Boxed and FSX:SE.

Thanks for the help.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

So, I was going to compare the fsx.cfg files, and I am finding that there is no FSX-SE folder in AppData\Roaming\Micosoft that the .cfg for FSX-SE is meant to be located.  All I see is a "FSX" folder that I suppose is for my boxed FSX.

img041.jpg

Could this be the cause of the elevator problem in the first place?  No directory in Appdata\Roaming?  Verifying the Integrity in steam said that all the files were validated.  Starting FSX-SE did not add the files/folder.

Any comments/help appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by caleb1

Caleb Byers

Check this patch in registry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition" and you will see there "Co-Existence". This value should be set to 1 if you have boxed FSX installed too. I belive FSX-SE will create all folders after setting this to 1.

Backup your registry first if you are not sure what you are doing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lodestar said:

Check this patch in registry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition" and you will see there "Co-Existence". This value should be set to 1 if you have boxed FSX installed too. I belive FSX-SE will create all folders after setting this to 1.

Backup your registry first if you are not sure what you are doing

Thanks very much!  Changing the value in the registry brought the files into existence, and it also fixed my problem with the elevators!  Thanks.

Caleb Byers

I'm glad to hear that fixed it. You have probably installed FSX-SE first, and then Boxed version.  Whatever the reason, FSX-SE was not aware of boxed version

Yes, that is what it was.  I installed SE first, then Boxed.

Thanks.

Caleb Byers