Sign in to follow this  
brianbash

xTreme Tree's East released

Jim Young

Topics like this one would look great on our front page!!  Just click on Contact Us>Submit News and provide the news to the AVSIM and Flight Simulation Community!

Message added by Jim Young

5 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

So, like pretty much everyone who uses ortho, I have an overlay that includes trees (from ortho4xp, data derived from HDMesh v4).

Are these trees more accurate than that?

And if so - would you keep the typical yOrtho4XP_Overlays layer active, and just place this above it? Would you get double trees this way, or are trees from the lower layers excluded?

Disabling yOrtho4XP_Overlays would not be possible, as that would mean losing the houses etc.

Yes, these trees are a whole lot more accurate than the overlay trees. I keep my overlay layer active and have these trees just above the libraries. I haven't noticed any of the overlay trees conflicting or contrasting with these new trees.  They just blend right in. I could not be happier with them. They blend seamlessly with all of my sceneries.

12 hours ago, monica6211 said:

Yes, these trees are a whole lot more accurate than the overlay trees. I keep my overlay layer active and have these trees just above the libraries. I haven't noticed any of the overlay trees conflicting or contrasting with these new trees.  They just blend right in. I could not be happier with them. They blend seamlessly with all of my sceneries.

These trees are overlay trees, just a different overlay.

im still not sure if they exclude the ‘standard’ trees (ie whatever trees you have in overlay(s) on lower levels in scenery.ini.

i have enough trees, more or less, already. But I would like to get rid of the large number of inappropriately placed trees that I see - in fields, on buildings and in the middle of the Mississippi River (!)

If they don’t exclude the existing misplaced trees, the next step would be to,make a new overlay that contains buildings etc, but without trees - and then combine them together.

i will try the Florida demo at any rate, I do a bit of flying up in the panhandle.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Any news on the USA West ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I installed Trees West and have been flying around the Seattle area and some of the islands around KORS. Excellent! I created tiles in Ortho4XP using Bing at ZL17/19 it looks wonderful. I created overlays using alpilot's UHD mesh and put Trees West above that. Thanks Brian!

• Upvote 1

This is an older topic but wanted to weigh in:) These are fantastic! I've been using the east for quite a while. It helps a great deal with eliminating the trees on top of large buildings and parking lots. Make sure you place this overlay above yOrtho4XP_Overlays. I'm going to pick up west tonight.