I am trying to fly an ILS on the Phenom 300 (latest version, with Nav extension and latest Navigraph) on FSX Gold Edition.

Even though I can load and activate an approach, the FMS never sequences to capture the LOC or GS. Normally if you are receiving vectors, the PFD shows HDG in green with LOC in white and GS in white. But as the LOC is captured the LOC and GS should turn green. They never do so the FD never commands lateral or vertical navigation. What am I doing wrong?

Also the GCU has Softkey Select at the bottom, with SEL in the middle and arrows on either side. This cannot be clicked at all. Is this a known bug or again, am I doing something wrong?

Just for the record, I am a pilot, IFR rated, but never flown jets so while I have no experience in this airplane, I am familiar with real life G1000s. But I am not an expert in FSX.

Any help appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi FlyingLimey.

LOC and GS does not turn to green.

Did you set the ILS frequency and the runway course correctly in the PFD? Did you change using CDI from GPS or HDG to OBS?

GCU SEL and arrows are not selectable.

Regards. Cees

Yes, I did.

I've given up on it now. I regret spending the money on it. The simulation of the G1000 appears to be absolutely dreadful. It's strange since Mindstar seems to do a good implementation of the G1000. I'm surprised Carenado don't just take their simulation and use it.

Make sure the ILS frequency you enter in the G1000 matches the frequency provided by the simulator, not by the database that came with the aircraft.  Many of the ILS frequencies that come with FSX and P3D are out of date and don't match the Navigraph database that comes with the aircraft G1000.