Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

C310 Redux Autopilot backlighting and mapping

2 hours ago, tttocs said:

I don't want to have to plug and unplug the MP.  At minimum, I'd like to a least find a way to prevent it from messing with the altitude functions even when I don't touch anything.

OK. Another two hours and nothing but frustration.  Kowen. If you could share what settings you found worked for the AP master it would same me from counting sheep tonight! LOL!

BUT -  :biggrin:  I found a workaround to the Multipanel interference.  In Spad:Next, go to the Panels tab.  Select the MultiPanel.  About two inches to the right of the image of the MultiPanel there is a software power switch named Virtual Power.  For the time being when flying the C310 Redux, turn that software switch to the "Off" position.  The MultiPanel will go dark.  No more interference.  The Redux 140 VC AP works as intended. 

No need to unplug the MP.  Just need to turn that switch back on when flying with a more MP friendly AP.

And kudos to Bill for brightening up the autopilot keys.  That will help a lot too.  They now look good at dusk and after dark.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yeah, I think where I'll start is clearing all commands from the existing setup and then work from there as @kowan has done.  That should (hopefully) eliminate the current interference but still allow the MP to remain on while I work on things.

And yes - Kudo's to Bill for the AP changes and oh... a whole host of things he's done over the last few weeks to make this most excellent plane even better!

Scott

20 hours ago, fppilot said:

And kudos to Bill for brightening up the autopilot keys.  That will help a lot too.  They now look good at dusk and after dark.

When I first changed the emissive mode from MultiplyBlend to Additive, the whole KAP140 glowed in the dark like Times Square at night! It was blindingly bright! I had to add a black mask layer over the existing lightmap texture, then make opacity adjustments to only allow about 2% of the image's pixel values to be used for lighting.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

42 minutes ago, n4gix said:

When I first changed the emissive mode from MultiplyBlend to Additive, the whole KAP140 glowed in the dark like Times Square at night! It was blindingly bright! I had to add a black mask layer over the existing lightmap texture, then make opacity adjustments to only allow about 2% of the image's pixel values to be used for lighting.

I see.  It looks great at dusk and nighttime.  The keys are bright as are the radio lights if the Radio Lights switch is turned on during day.  It seems that Radio Lights knob is actually acting like a two way switch (on/off), unlike the other three knobs in that cluster, which are rheostats. Rotating it slightly from its full left position turns on the radio lights, but I cannot discern any change with further rotation.

Also, I can discern no difference in the cockpit or on the panel when I rotate the Panel Lights rheostat. That after multiple tests making sure it is at minimum at day setting, changing environment to night, rotating the knob clockwise to maximum, and then going back to day setting to confirm it reached the maximum setting.  That same knob in the original C310 is working just fine for me.  Oddly, in the original C310 I cannot get the Radio Lights switch to control anything other than movement and a clicking sound.

A tip for others,  this is not in the guide.  On those rheostats, if you find the mouse wheel action seems too sensitive for your tastes, place the mouse pointer on the knob and hold the right mouse button down to rotate the knob clockwise, and hold left button down for counter-clockwise. It is much slower than the mouse wheel, but allows for fine adjustment.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

All panels are on or off.  They are not tied to the dimmers.  Sorry but that would have required an immense amount of work on our part and we will no longer be doing ANY work for any of the Nav unit devs.  (F1, Mindstar or RXP).  If they send us rendered light maps, models, tagged, prepped and animated... along with an SDK, then sure... we will consider it.  Otherwise, no.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

31 minutes ago, Milviz said:

All panels are on or off. 

Hi Colin,
The instrument lights and engine instruments knobs are clearly working rheostats. The illumination level of both sets of gauges clearly brighten up and dim with rotation of the rheostat knobs. Clearly. And that is a very nice feature.

The radio lights rheostat only works as an off/on switch. I only pointed out what action it performs.  That was not a complaint.  I understand the issue with 3rd parties instruments. No argument!

But then.......

The most forward knob, tooltipped as "Panel Lights" is not performing in my Redux.  It is doing nothing.  In the original C310 it turns on the lights above each instrument as seen in the red circles in the 2nd image below.  The first image below shows the same view with that switch off in the original C310.  In the original C310 the Panel Lights knob is On or Off.  No dimming.  That's fine with me!

Then look at the third image below.  It is of the C310 Redux.  What you see is there is the same with the Panel Lights knob at any position. It is not functioning in my Redux. 

Orig310PanelLts.jpg

Below is the redux, no matter the position of that Panel Lights Knob. It make audible sound but does not perform in regard to lighting.

Untitled-3.jpg

Frank Patton
ASUS 

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

The most forward knob, tooltipped as "Panel Lights" is not performing in my Redux.  It is doing nothing.

Forget to mention that I have installed the SP2.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I hate to say it, but I too am having the same problem with the 310R Redux, SP2--I rotate the panel light knob and there are no panel lights (just like fppilot's third pic). The only cockpit lights that work for me are the radio lights. The cabin lights do not come on for me either; all cockpit night lighting worked fine for me in the original (initial) Redux version. I am running P3D 3.4xx and am doing so as Administrator. I also downloaded and installed SP 2 with my AVG antivirus disabled. 

• Like 1

All lights working fine with P3DV4.1; SP2 installed as Admin; Windows 10 Defender / Firewall disabled for download and install. 

2 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

All lights working fine with P3DV4.1; SP2 installed as Admin; Windows 10 Defender / Firewall disabled for download and install. 

After most recent update Installer 180403 from two days ago?  Confirm?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

It says v3.180405. I got it from the email last night 04/04 about 2232 LCL Central.

If anyone is interested the KAP140 LVARs below are somewhat working for the Saitek Multi-panel

I am just changing the data values in SPAD. 

Shortmode On - KAP140_AP_MASTER 1
        KAP140_AP_ONOFF 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_AP_MASTER 0
        KAP140_AP_ONOFF 0
        Press and release Z (hack, AP will not go all the way off)

Shortmode On - KAP140_HEADINGONOFF 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_HEADINGONOFF 0

Shortmode On - KAP140_NAVONOFF 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_NAVONOFF 0

Shortmode On - KAP140_LUAALT_KEYDOWN 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_LUAALT_KEYDOWN  0

Shortmode On - KAP140_LUAARM_KEYDOWN 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_LUAARM_KEYDOWN  0

The spinners were left at defaults except:

ALT
Display KAP140_AltitudeSelected
Clockwise KAP140_AltitudeSelected Increment 100
CClockwise KAP140_AltitudeSelected Decrement 100

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Les Parson said:

You are getting the surface lights on the panel illustrated in my post image with red circles?  Not at all the same as instrument backlighting rheostat! Two totally different lighting functions.

If you still have the original C310 installed, check the operation of the same knob and compare. 

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Frank,

I think you've confused the "panel lights" in your image with the red circles with the lower panel, underneath the yoke and the side panel with the circuit breakers and the toggle switches above them.

gMOuMOm.jpg

The backlighting is clearly visible and it's controlled by the front-most rheostat.  I have that rheostat turned fully clockwise, as you can see.

Edited by StewartH

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I am having the same problem as Frank--With all interior light control knobs turned fully to the "on" position, the only interior cockpit illumination that works is the autopilot and ADF (Radio Knob). The overhead cabin lights do not work when I mouse click on any one of them. In the "original" Redux version, all of the interior cockpit lights work fine. I am using P3D 3.4xx

For now, I have reinstalled the original version so I can fly this wonderful aircraft at night. Also, I did post this problem I am experiencing as well, on the Milviz Official Support Forum to keep me out of the so-called "Dog House" with the Milviz staff :))