Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

First flight in the Osprey - still getting to grips with things <grin>

So, I'm slowly getting familiar with XP11. Learning about controls, scenery etc. Gone and bought 16tb of disk (8tb mirrored) to hold Forkboy's Ortho scenery (and boy does it look great), discovering all sorts of things about how to make it all work the way I like, and then spotted the MV22 for sale. Really like this beast and am trying to get to grips with the excellent Maryadi version in P3Dv4, so had to buy this. First really enthusiastic buy of an aircraft for XP. Loaded it up and off I went -

so far, so good . . .

rVd8Xfr.jpg

and then . . .

xbtSShE.jpg

8weXvPg.jpg

gDlFkOX.jpg

Ok, so I guess it's time to RTFM. (actually, have done since this and am coping better now. Even managed a landing without bursting any tyres. Couple of hundred yards short of where I was aiming, but hey, one thing at a time)

(PS no pixels were harmed in the making of this scenario)

Edited by andy1252
text
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

:biggrin:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I don't think that's the way you're supposed to fly that. :biggrin:

Also, in pic 2 I wouldn't want to drive over that overpass in the lower right corner. Could be exciting. 

Other than that and the transmission lines and towers, it looks pretty good.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

You  can damage ac if flown outside of engines parameters ie...over torque engine like will happen on some carenado aircraft.

:P Timothy Murphy

10 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I don't think that's the way you're supposed to fly that. :biggrin:

Also, in pic 2 I wouldn't want to drive over that overpass in the lower right corner. Could be exciting. 

Other than that and the transmission lines and towers, it looks pretty good.

Rick, that is certainly a challenging overpass, for sure. And yes, there certainly seem to be a huge number of power pylons around in that part of the world in the sim. Haven't investigated what's going on there yet (still getting to grips with the basics, as you can see <grin>)

9 hours ago, t4murphy said:

You  can damage ac if flown outside of engines parameters ie...over torque engine like will happen on some carenado aircraft.

Hi TImothy, and yep, you're not wrong. I can keep a closer eye on that in the p3d version as I'm more used to the way everything works there. But I'm loving this XP/Ortho world and can see me spending more and more time in it.

10 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

:biggrin:

Glad to have bought a smile to your keyboard, Patrick!

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.