Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Shhhhhhh........

It a "Whisperjet" 🤣

LOL....I just had to add the "Whisperjet" logo. I think it's hilarious how back in those days they thought a JTD8 was quiet enough to be called a "Whisperjet". Maybe from the inside in 1st class...but not on the outside and inside at the seats near the engines.

e6jBnA.jpg

Link to full size photo.  https://imageshack.com/a/img923/7695/e6jBnA.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Outstanding Steve!!  Not to date myself but I remember flying on "Whisperjet service" on EAL 727s when I was a kid.  A few "Whisperliner" L-1011s as well.  After all Eastern was the "Wings of Man!"  Thanks for the memories!  Looking forward to this one.

Regards,

Todd 

6 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

It a "Whisperjet" 🤣

LOL....I just had to add the "Whisperjet" logo. I think it's hilarious how back in those days they thought a JTD8 was quiet enough to be called a "Whisperjet". Maybe from the inside in 1st class...but not on the outside and inside at the seats near the engines.

Link to full size photo.  https://imageshack.com/a/img923/7695/e6jBnA.jpg

At first I thought you were talking about the Hush Kit or the QuiteEagle Kit for the JTD8s.  Class III Whisper Jet?  hahahahahahahahaha

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

For a minute there, I'd have sworn there was an engine missing 😄

As usual Steve, another quality repaint.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Hi Folks,

Beautiful job - like we expect any less from you - Steve...

Yeah - LOL - I've been in those seats in the tail - pretty miserable overall...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

"Whisperjet" is right there with Texas International's comfy old "Pamper Jet" baby nines. 

Flew those many times when I was a kid.

Superb work as always Steve!

18 hours ago, toddl said:

Outstanding Steve!!  Not to date myself but I remember flying on "Whisperjet service" on EAL 727s when I was a kid.  A few "Whisperliner" L-1011s as well.  After all Eastern was the "Wings of Man!"  Thanks for the memories!  Looking forward to this one.

Regards,

Todd 

Thanks Todd!  Yeah I think my last 727 ride was either a Delta or United....If it was the United...it was in the livery before the battleship colors into Denver.  I recall that one because the pilot seriously messed up the approach and got too slow and we're almost at full power when we touched down.....errr....slammed down.  I was looking out the window and the sun angle was such that I could see the plane's shadow getting bigger and merging with us at an ALARMING rate!

I had just enough time to tell the passenger next to me to hold on....the 4th landing half-way down the runway was about at the velocity you'd expect for a firm landing...the other 3 I almost expected to see the main struts pop up through the top of the wing.😡  No witty comments were made over the PA, and I got off last to see if the flightcrew  greeted the passengers as we deplaned...they never opened the cockpit door, LOL...they know they messed up big time. 

2 hours ago, skully said:

"Whisperjet" is right there with Texas International's comfy old "Pamper Jet" baby nines. 

Flew those many times when I was a kid.

Superb work as always Steve!

Thanks Dave!

Yeah the term "Loud" is relative.  For example in the 70s when the Blue Angles were flying the F4  and I saw them in an airshow in Rota, Spain (when my Dad was stationed there and it was an accompanied tour base (gotta love that as a kid growing up)...the formation takeoff at full AB was at a sound level you just can't describe with words.

I think my ears are STILL ringing from that airshow! 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

It's called a whisperjet because sitting next to one of their JT8D's for an hour would make it seem like everyone else was whispering the rest of the day... lol.

Great paint!