Sign in to follow this  

Potential Fix for voice recognition issues

Okay, let's try this again.

Earlier you said:

I uninstalled Realtek audio manager yesterday and it sorted my voice problem with Fs2crew not picking up my voice but today now my computer has no sound. I reinstalled Realtek high definition driver and sound is back but Fs2crew voice isn’t.

How are you re-installing your audio driver?

Are you using the support disk that came with your computer?

I am sorry if it seemed that way. I didn’t mean to cause a threat or be rude. I’m out of office till Friday so Is it ok if I send the support ticket then. Thankyou

3 minutes ago, byork said:

Okay, let's try this again.

Earlier you said:

How are you re-installing your audio driver?

Are you using the support disk that came with your computer?

There was no support disk with my computer. I uninstalled the Realtek hd audio driver which came with my pc from the Realtek website. There was no option to install default Microsoft drivers. That’s how I did it. But then Fs2crew worked fine but as soon as the pc restarts, there is no sound cuz the drivers are gone.

1 minute ago, byork said:

You need to use the drivers that Windows installs.

There are other voice programs (not just FS2Crew) that use the Microsoft speech recognition system, and they can have the same issue with some non-Microsoft signed audio drivers.

How do I do this? Instead of a refund could you not do remote access and do this for me, because I do not know how to install such drivers

thanks 

Bryan is this thread still relevant to the FSL Airbus Fs2Crew version. 

I am using the sound drivers (Realtek) for my board from ASUS. I cannot find "microsoft" versions of them.

FS2Crew just isn't picking up my audio, other games work fine. I read the FAQ and have done everything to try to resolve this issue. 

Can you help? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

11 hours ago, byork said:

Each FS2Crew uses the same underlying system, so it also applies equally to the Labs version.

I recall you had other problems with the Labs version, and now in addition to that you just lost your audio?

You told me to do a reinstall, which i did, and that fixed my api.dll problems...i think. Now the bus just doesnt hear me. Ive read the manual and im an experienced fs2crew user as well. Im on beta 2 for the fsl 320. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

24 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

You told me to do a reinstall, which i did, and that fixed my api.dll problems...i think. Now the bus just doesnt hear me. Ive read the manual and im an experienced fs2crew user as well. Im on beta 2 for the fsl 320. 

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

In your Windows "Power Options", ensure that "USB Selective Suspend Setting" is Disabled.

Make sure you're using the Green Bar (DSP on the FS2Crew Main Panel).  You need to be able to 'see' what the Speech Recognition system is "hearing".

18 minutes ago, byork said:

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

In your Windows "Power Options", ensure that "USB Selective Suspend Setting" is Disabled.

Make sure you're using the Green Bar (DSP on the FS2Crew Main Panel).  You need to be able to 'see' what the Speech Recognition system is "hearing".

Ive done all of these things. Could it be that Im using ASUS realtik drivers and not MS ones? 

Ron Hamilton

1 hour ago, byork said:

Possible.

Try using the drivers that come with Windows rather than your motherboard.

OK how do I find those driver though? I tried to find MS Reatik drivers but  I have no idea where they are. 

Ron Hamilton