Sign in to follow this  
uptownav8tr

Can you assist with new PFC throttle quadrant ?

Potential PAID SUPPORT.

I just took delivery of a new PFC throttle quadrant (6 throw arms)

.which will be mated to a Brunner CLE yoke and MFG pedals when they arrive. I have P3DV4 and that is the target platform.

I'm a Captain for AA and arguably very limited experience in detailed software programming. 

I could not calibrate the PFC in WIN 10. It is connected via USB 2.0 and I followed PFC instructions. Test shows no response.

I saw that Pete Dowson has a program to help PFC work in P3D. I have downloaded his FSUIPC 5 and have read the manual. 

If you are a hardware & (FSUIPC) expert on this stuff and willing to help please let me know. Just want to get this set up quickly and correctly.

I.76700K GTX1080 32g RAM

Thank you!

Drew

• Like 1

Drew,

Would you confirm that you see in Devices and Printers "PFC Throttle Quadrant Console" please.

Also if you can see PFC listed, is any movement on any axes or if you push GA button, FLAPS to UP or DOWN?

I'm curious, why did you chose Brunner CLE yoke instead of PFC Jetliner yoke? I'm not affiliated with PFC at all but, their "PFC Jetliner yoke" is quite an execelent replica of what you have in the cockpit?

Edited by killthespam

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Drew,

I have also a Brunner CLE yoke and it is a great product. Exelent after sales service. No days or weeks in the "waiting room".Not comparable with any other rubber band/spring yoke. Perhaps is the look more a GA aicraft but the functonality is great. Sometime i don't understand the flightsimmers. They want almost a 100% reality of the software but are flying with cheap gaming hardware (Microsoft-Sony game controllers).

I have also the PFC 737 Throttle set and i have no ploblems at all. Change the USB input and keep an eye on the power management of the USB ports.
Activate the "search for new hardware" in Windows. I found my PFC hardware in the Configuration setup under the "Blue Tooth and Hardware" screen.

I have also FSUIPC 5 and everything is working correct. With the the PMDG products i have the most troubles special the reverser funtions. I used one button on the yoke and assign this within FSUIPC to the F2 key. In X-Plane 11 i have no trouble at all

Regards and succes
Jo va Bra

You know that you can contact PFC support.  They are very helpful and also have a little software program they will give you to help troubleshoot any problems with their hardware.

I use the PFC throttle quadrant, yoke and peddles.  Everything they have is very high quality.

2 hours ago, Jovabra said:

With the the PMDG products i have the most troubles special the reverser funtions. I used one button on the yoke and assign this within FSUIPC to the F2 key.

Jo,

There is an issue with the PMDG 737 using reversers, on the 747 that issue is fixed. Try to use this setting with FSUPIC, reversers will work fine afterwards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilot5nd9zuzdj79/REVERSER.PNG?dl=0

6 hours ago, killthespam said:

I'm curious, why did you chose Brunner CLE yoke instead of PFC Jetliner yoke?

Just guessing, but probably because only one of them is a force feedback yoke :blink:

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

1 hour ago, MarkDH said:

Just guessing, but probably because only one of them is a force feedback yoke :blink:

Probably so, I had one of those (not this brand) a few years ago and I just returned it back. Maybe the new technology has to do something with it, I don’t know didn’t try Brunner CLE yoke so cannot express my opinion.

I noticed that there are so many buttons and the electrical trim (rocker switch) doesn’t resemble the real one.  At the same time if people want lots of buttons on a yoke, by any means put as many as you can get.

Edited by killthespam

Killthespam,

Thanks for the information. I changed my FSUIPC setting and checked the reversers. First look is oke.

Regards
Jo va Bra

15 hours ago, killthespam said:

Jo,

There is an issue with the PMDG 737 using reversers, on the 747 that issue is fixed. Try to use this setting with FSUPIC, reversers will work fine afterwards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilot5nd9zuzdj79/REVERSER.PNG?dl=0

Killthespam,

Thanks for the information. I changed my FSUIPC setting and checked the reversers. First look is oke.

Regards
Jo va Bra

I'm very happy that I could help. 

Glad you got the issue sorted.

I have the PFC yoke and throttle units.  Love them.

This past weekend however, I had the opportunity to try the Brunner CLE Yoke.  The leap in difference between the PFC yoke and the Brunner control loading yoke was as great as the leap from the Saitek yoke to the PFC yoke.    Bloody amazing.  

I'm considering purchasing the Elite Pro Panel console unit with the Brunner Yoke control loadings.