Sign in to follow this  
Imran Khan

Ground Textures becoming black

HI,

I also have this black scenery problem on fsx boxed version. Everything is black, the runways the taxiways and the terminal. However if deleting the fsx.cfg file i fear that it doesnt regenerate automatically and causes fsx to stop working. Can someone please enlighten me on that.

Cheers :)

Imran.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

29 minutes ago, Imran Khan said:

HI,

I also have this black scenery problem on fsx boxed version. Everything is black, the runways the taxiways and the terminal. However if deleting the fsx.cfg file i fear that it doesnt regenerate automatically and causes fsx to stop working. Can someone please enlighten me on that.

Cheers 🙂

Imran.

I split your reply from a topic posted in the P3D forum. If you have an FSX related question, post it here rather than the P3D forum.

4 hours ago, Imran Khan said:

HI,

Cheers :)

Imran.

Before deleting the scenery cfg file, make a backup copy, just to be safe.

Black textures can mean FSX is failing to find and/or process the texture files or the texture files are corrupted or missing.  If the textures load slowly, that is an indication that your computer cannot process the data in a timely manner.

Rename your FSX.cfg file to FSX_orig.cfg and then start FSX.  A new FSX.cfg will be made and your Sim will appear as if just installed.  It's a good way to troubleshoot problems like yours.