7 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

I just have a desktop with a VR headset.  Saving for the 747 throttle all though lately I’ve been enjoying flying around in the 777.

Torn between the 767 & the 747 quadrant. 😩

IM

Thanks. That's the dilemma I have. The 747 would cover Concorde but is overkill for twin and single engine.

Still waiting to hear back from them.

@himmelhorse, thanks for that link. The 737 and 777 look quality units. And the pedestal could be a useful alternative to the desktop. I notice they have a UK outlet. Just a pity it's down in Sussex.

I currently have a Saitek yoke and two throttle quadrants. The yoke is 11 years old but still functioning. I had to replace both throttle quadrants as the old ones were spiking with the pots worn out.

What I need now is to find someone who owns the flightsimpm kit so I can hear what they think of it.

I'm not looking to purchase immediately. This is the start of looking at what's available so I can make an informed decision. It's a lot of money so I need to be sure of my decision.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks. That's the dilemma I have. The 747 would cover Concorde but is overkill for twin and single engine.

Still waiting to hear back from them.

@himmelhorse, thanks for that link. The 737 and 777 look quality units. And the pedestal could be a useful alternative to the desktop. I notice they have a UK outlet. Just a pity it's down in Sussex.

I currently have a Saitek yoke and two throttle quadrants. The yoke is 11 years old but still functioning. I had to replace both throttle quadrants as the old ones were spiking with the pots worn out.

What I need now is to find someone who owns the flightsimpm kit so I can hear what they think of it.

I'm not looking to purchase immediately. This is the start of looking at what's available so I can make an informed decision. It's a lot of money so I need to be sure of my decision.

Hi Ray I know the dilemma! One word of caution is that once you go down the road of Quality controllers you can never go back to the cheap stuff it really does enhance the whole experience and is that much better. I do wish prices were less but then again Quality cost more. Good luck on your search.  Josh

• Upvote 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Josh, thanks. It's certainly not a decision to be taken lightly. But having bought my GoFlight radio units plus switches and buttons 15 years ago at the National Motorcycle Museum show in Brum before it was sadly destroyed by fire they've lasted me really well.

I might go to the Lelystad show with Pete D again this year. They have loads of exhibitors and lots of goodies to play with. And probably discounted prices too. Only 5 months away. Can I hold on? :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 6/11/2018 at 7:51 PM, vortex681 said:

Vortex is fine. For reasons I won't go in to, it had some significance in the real world for several years. It all adds to the mystery!

I bet Vortex is your surname and..... well, I just hope 'Windy' isn't your Christian name !

I really  hope it's "knot" your real name.......

I too, have never used my real name on the interweb. There is no need or requirement, and even if merchants know it, they are bound by laws of data protection, the breaking of which, carry severe financial penalties.

I am not a man of mystery; I just need to keep two steps ahead of the ex-wives, the taxman, certain undesirables from Columbia..... etc etc. !

I am currently on my 15th Avsim account, as I keep getting banned. Can't imagine why.

Frankly I don't care, any more than I care for the psuedo-reality that is "The Internet", and I certainly prefer to keep real life completely seperate... along with maintaining a hold on real friends and stuff that really matters.

Anyhow, I'll probably be going by 'Boris' next year as I fancy a change. Maybe later, it will be 'Zach' or 'Brad', like a Top Gun navy pilot !

So, see you all again in January, when 'Boris777' will no doubt be banging on - again - about whether Honeycomb actually exists.

Edited by Gabe777

On 6/11/2018 at 6:32 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

If they’re heavy enough to sit on a desk and not move when used them they look a really good option.

I know this is fairly old, but thought I'd post here in case anyone was still wondering. For something that's as big as it is, it's surprisingly very light. Although in most cases, it won't move, I ended up using velcro to stick it to the table to be absolutely sure it doesn't move since there's always the off chance it moves even just slightly. I'll also add that this is not a throttle quadrant that can be used comfortably on a standard desk. Below is a look at my setup. I had initially tried it on the tray table as I did with the last two throttles I had, but aside from having it be in an awkward position, it was also incredibly difficult to reach the flap handle with the throttles in the way. I ended up buying a $40 table to solve this issue. If the table could be any lower, that might help, but this was the only table I was able to find, so it'll have to do.

adac07deedc3908a7282296bfe5e3a09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Thanks for posting that Kev. It does look very large. Probably too large for the available space on my setup.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yeah, it can be pretty big if you're not expecting it. That said, the thrust levers themselves have a much larger range because of its size, and I think my flying's gotten a little better because of it. I only have to make really minor thrust corrections for speed changes with this versus the GoFlight TQ6 or even the CH throttles I had before since it doesn't take much to have a huge jump in thrust with the limited range on either of the two.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.