Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Rex Skyforce 3d confusion

5 hours ago, J van E said:

So now you also accuse me of reading with a negative attitude and assumptions. 😋 I never do that. I read your post unbiased as I read every post and what you said simply came across quite odd. That's all. Even after a re-read, with a positive attitude and no assumptions (don't even know what to assume here), saying "and every high-end simmer i know" is not needed and condescending. It puts yourself above the rest, above the apparently simple low-end simmers. "If you are a real high-end simmer (like I am) you obviously share my viewpoint." Makes me wonder who your low-end simmer friends are (if you have any) and what combo they use. 

But anyway LOL it just striked me as odd, that's all. 😉 If you don't understand what I am saying that's totally okay.

Let me try to help you to understand.

The vast majority of flight simmers are stand alone.  What I mean by that is that their flight sim experience is PRIMARILY between them and their computer.

Having been a part of the flight sim community for 34 years (not just having flight sim software installed, but interacting directly with others both face to face and via BBSs to forums).  About 10 years ago I started working with developers, which lead to reaching more people by providing technical support.  To date this has included (but far from limited to) Aerosoft, Majestic, Leonardo, and many others.  This also lead to interfacing with developers and development teams.  All of this lead to my having worked directly with (including being logged in to others systems) several thousand flights simmers and some with commercial grade projects. 

During this time I've come across and worked with select people who commit an insane amount of time, effort and money to their flight simulation. Their knowledge is off the scale, as are their sims, and they all focus on extremely high levels of immersion.  These are the people I'm talking about.

Now, you could have just taken what I said at face value, especially after I informed you that you took what I said wrong.  But some people just have to make mountains out of mole hills.

The explanation above will just have to suffice for you, and if it doesn't then, well, too bad.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:50 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

I've never really been happy with Sky Force, and progress from REX comes excruciatingly slow and I'm not sure I'll ever use SkyForce again.  I do keep checking the updates, and then going back to what I've listed below.

To unconfuse.... ActiveSky with ASCA and EVENTEX is absolutely a winner in my book and every high-end simmer i know.

Moreover, I believe HiFi will have some more things coming down the road, and the discounts they provide to existing customers makes placing my money on HiFi.

My very best wishes.

Now this is interesting. So what happened from this post:

And your now luke-warm (i would call it disappointment actually) reception of Rex as a whole is an odd one.

According to you just 6months ago  they would truly blow everyones mind. And you even end that appraising post with 

"Just one last word. Those who know me, know that don't engage in any level of hype. You'll never get anything but straight talk and honest recommendations from me."

So in retrospective: Not exactly straight talk if you ask me. Did REX axe you from BETA team or something?

• Upvote 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The explanation above will just have to suffice for you, and if it doesn't then, well, too bad. 

LOL You are clearly not getting my point because you're post is only making it worse and proving my point, but well, too bad indeed. Let's leave it at this and enjoy whatever we like ourselves. 😉

33 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

So in retrospective: Not exactly straight talk if you ask me. Did REX axe you from BETA team or something?

LOL again. Yes, something obviously went wrong in the meantime but in all fairness: that can happen. You can change your point of view on things. The cause can be the software that didn't turn out the way you thought but it can also be due to relational problems. It happens to me all the time. As most of you here know. 😎 For instance, during my first days with SkyForce I was bashing it all over the place, giving it a bad name, but after a few days I turned (the usual) 180 degrees and now SkyForce rocks imho, at least when it comes to the cloud structures and textures (not the weather engine!). Confronting people with posts they made a few months or longer ago probably isn't a fun thing for anyone here... 😉

Edited by Guest

OK, the natives are restless - time to close this down.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors