Sign in to follow this  
mmcwill1

Feel Like a New Plane

I’m feeling like I’d like to grab a new plane for the 4th of July. I was thinking eithe the Maddog or Captain Sim 757. Any thoughts?

thanks!

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Glad you asked this because I too am thinking along the same lines.

The CS is a fun plane to fly but there are several bugs that need fixing. They are actively producing hot fixes but the vnav issue for me is still a big issue. Check out the large thread to see what others think of the plane. 

• Upvote 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

757 is good but I’d say the maddog is the more solid purchase right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I can vouch for the Maddog X being a great plane, but note I do not have the CS757. The one thing I don't like about the Maddog X is that it doesn't seem to come with a written, intuitive tutorial, unless I somehow missed it? 

Fortunately, there is this: https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-p3d-leonardo-md-82-maddog/

Using that I have managed to figure out the 'essential' buttons in-between the swaths of tests and whatnot, so I was able to sort of compile my own 'reduced' workflow to get in the air quickly. By all mean,s the Maddog X models an 80's aircraft and has a distinct lack of automation when it comes to some things, but it's a lot of fun once you get your head around the tons of switches on the O/H :)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I was hesitant to get the 757, but I have to say it's one of the smoothest birds to fly.  There are a couple of little glitches but nothing that keeps me from enjoying the aircraft in-depth.  VNAV doesn't give me much of a problem, my issue is that if I make changes in the FMC while going at time compression above 2x, the sim crashes.  The other annoyance is that the wx radar only paints weather 40 miles out...I know there's a fix for the radar in the works (maybe it's out already, I haven't updated in a while), but other than that I love the plane.  Fast, smooth, great cockpit, pax views and awesome sounds. 

Edited by dal330200

Thanks all for the advice! Just flew back from KORD to KATL on Friday on a Delta MD88. Lingered a bit to have a look at the flight deck and have to say the maddog looks like a pretty good representation. Think I’ll start with that!

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Well darn it! I talked myself into the 757, purchased it on their website via PayPal, got the PayPal receipt, but no download links. Saw on their support forums that this has happened before. There's a link to submit a ticket, but you need an order number and that never came. Have to say this is the first time something like this has happened to me and I've purchased a bunch of add ons! Oh well, we'll see what happens over the next 24 hours...

Mike McWilliams

21 hours ago, mmcwill1 said:

I’m feeling like I’d like to grab a new plane for the 4th of July. I was thinking eithe the Maddog or Captain Sim 757. Any thoughts?

thanks!

Me too- it's my birthday - need a present lol. Kinda a doldrum of acft

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

48 minutes ago, tooting said:

how about the fsl 319.... 🙂 

Expensive gifts (I like those!)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 7/1/2018 at 2:32 PM, tooting said:

how about the fsl 319.... 🙂 

I picked that up a day or two after the whole story broke about their use of DRM in the installer. Really a great add on, just updated to the latest release. In all honesty, I don't need to get another add on, I've got several that I've not really explored. But boy, I love loading up a new purchase, digging into the tutorial, and flying to an airport I haven't been to yet!

Mike McWilliams

4 minutes ago, mmcwill1 said:

picked that up a day or two after the whole story

That was only released today. You mean the A320.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

On 7/1/2018 at 10:51 AM, mmcwill1 said:

Well darn it! I talked myself into the 757, purchased it on their website via PayPal, got the PayPal receipt, but no download links. Saw on their support forums that this has happened before. There's a link to submit a ticket, but you need an order number and that never came. Have to say this is the first time something like this has happened to me and I've purchased a bunch of add ons! Oh well, we'll see what happens over the next 24 hours...

Quick update: Less than 24 hours after submitting a ticket, I got an email with my order number. This let me log in and download from their extended service. The purchase emails arrived in my spam folder around the same time. They say patience is a virtue, but these days, you get used to the instant download link!

Mike McWilliams