Sign in to follow this  
StewartH

C441 and dual GTN750s in P3Dv4.3

I've found the dual GTN750 setup in the C441 doesn't play nice with P3Dv4.3 (or perhaps it's vice-versa), so I've opted for the single install arrangement.  The dual setup worked ok with v4.1 and this is not a game changer, but what has been your experience with this arrangement?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

If you have two of them in your set up, do they both start chirping 'Traffic traffic' when someone want to fly in formation with you?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

27 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

If you have two of them in your set up, do they both start chirping 'Traffic traffic' when someone want to fly in formation with you?

Yep.  I turn the sound off on the second one, Ron, that is, if the thing is still working.  I lose one or the other shortly into a flight--totally unresponsive, so I've reinstalled the aircraft with only one GTN750.

Edited by StewartH

Stew

Hi Stew, don't have it installed at the moment however if my memory serves me right I think it was the 441 that runs two gtn750 at once only if you have opted for a one senario. You check this in task manager.

I did post this on Flysimware FB page and Mark responded that he would fix it on the next update.In the meantime look thro' the panel.cfg file for a duplicate entry.

Bob

Edit you will not see the duplicate gtn, 

Edited by onebob

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, StewartH said:

I lose one or the other shortly into a flight--totally unresponsive, so I've reinstalled the aircraft with only one GTN750

Hi stew further to my post above I have reinstalled the C441 into P3D and checked out the gtn again and yes there appears to be two gtn running in task manager processes.

I think in comes from this vc cockpit entry in the panel.cfg file

[VCockpit31]
size_mm=1024,1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GTN750_2
background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  0,0,677,794,UNIT2

so you need to quote it out :-

// [VCockpit31]
// size_mm=1024,1024
// pixel_size=1024,1024
// texture=$GTN750_2
// background_color=0,0,0

// gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  0,0,677,794,UNIT2

bob

Bob,

If you quote out the [VCockpit31] entry, you won't have two GTN750s, correct?  Then what's the point of selecting two in the C441 setup screen?

Stew

I was referring to your post, quote 'so I've opted for the single install arrangement'  with this option you have two gtn running in the background . but I will also check the two gtn750 install option and see how the panel file goes.

this is my understanding of it but I open to suggestion if I've got this wrong

bob

27 minutes ago, onebob said:

I was referring to your post, quote 'so I've opted for the single install arrangement'  with this option you have two gtn running in the background . but I will also check the two gtn750 install option and see how the panel file goes.

bob

Two GTN running in the background:  One is the GTN proper, the other is the trainer.  That arrangement has always been the case, as far as I know.  With a dual set up, there are two GTNs running and two trainers.  Only since running P3Dv4.3 have I lost one of the GTNs during the flight.  So I've opted for installing the single GTN arrangement of the C441.

Stew

44 minutes ago, onebob said:

bob

Ok, Bob, I'll check this out.  But my previous post is my understanding of what's happening:  1 GTN, 1 trainer using the single installation arrangement.

Stew

2 hours ago, StewartH said:

Ok, Bob, I'll check this out.  But my previous post is my understanding of what's happening:  1 GTN, 1 trainer using the single installation arrangement.

I have installed the dual option and they are up and running in the vc ( not done a flight yet , maybe later) and in task manager there are two GTN running and the panel file shows :-

[VCockpit30]
size_mm=1024,1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GTN750
background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  0,0,677,794,UNIT1

//--------------------------------------------------------
[VCockpit31]
size_mm=1024,1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GTN750_2
background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  0,0,677,794,UNIT2

which is correct for a two option panel. ie unit1 and unit2

bob

Edited by onebob

The mistake was the single installation had both config entries. I just released version 2.5 which fixed this issue.

But for Bob's issue he was using the dual which had no mistakes in the config. I believe his computer can't run 2 GTN's.

Thank you!  I look forward to PCAviator notifying me of the update.

Stew

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, Flysimware said:

I just released version 2.5 which fixed this issue.

should this be 2.3 ( and with a later mod 2.3A )

bob

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, Flysimware said:

I believe his computer can't run 2 GTN's.

The duel version runs ok on my computer, I would advise that the config file should be altered to ' run on all cores' as running on auto will end up on one core only. I get the best results  with this setting

bob

8 hours ago, onebob said:

The duel version runs ok on my computer, I would advise that the config file should be altered to ' run on all cores' as running on auto will end up on one core only. I get the best results  with this setting

bob

So do I, Bob...all cores.

Stew