Sign in to follow this  
snake3321

P3D v4 textures absolutely blurry

Hooray I have exactly the same problem as the OP. Convinced its an Orbx problem and have installed FTX Central and all scenery a few times now.

Glad to know it can be fixed and will report if the solution works for me.

I am using a tweaked PTA Thopat 2.2 so, but I wonder if PTA 2.62 needs tweaking to keep tesselation on for the fully compatible presets and it's something LM has changed that the devs at PTA haven't spotted? Does Matt know of this thread?

It is not a settings issue for the blurries as it appears the scenery loads around the aircraft for about 100 miles and it slowly degrades as new scenery is loaded in, until the ground is just huge blotches of colour with no outlines, distinguishing marks or anything that makes it look like ground.

it would help info Snake posted pictures of the problem in daytime rather than night.

Glad it's not just me and I'll report my success or failure

Tesselation in PTA ??

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Not sure? Don't know enough about it to know if this solves it and I've not tested my system.

i have found a much bigger thread about the exact problem I have too along with many others

after i buy orbx i delete cfg p3d file and i restore it, i fix my blurry texture and delete autogen like this i put 30 frame locked and all other setting to max at moment i dont need to edit the cfg file 

i try also to put frame limit to 60 or unlimited and i not noticed particular changed but whit all grapichs setting to max (and i have rtx2080ti and other specs in my signature) i can get between 20/70 frame/sec but onestly when i fly i preferto see all texture and autogen perfectly and the simulator doesnt stuck the image after 3/4 sec all its good for me the big change was to let the game restore the cfg file 

i will see after more flys if i have to trick the cfg but for the moment i leave original,i noticed my gpu is not under stress but the cpu something more before 

Edited by Eugenio Lo Cicero

See the recent posts here about turning Hyper-Threading off.  I had some blurries with MSE scenery and disabled Hyper-Threading and my blurries are gone.  For you to have any blurries with a system like yours means something is seriously wrong and I believe it is the fact HT is on (the default setting for most MB's).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Please if possible give me some advise how to disable HT because have no clue how and where to do it.

i7 6700k 4.2 Ghz

thank you

You need to go into your BIOS and look for CPU and then disable HT.  It is enabled by default.  It was nice several years ago but with your CPU you don't need it and I think you will be delighted with the clarity of your scenery textures.  If you tell me what kind of MB you have (ASUS?) I might be able to tell you exactly where to go in your BIOS.  For me it eliminated the blurries I was getting even with my current i7 8086K system oc'd to 5GHz.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

32 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

You need to go into your BIOS and look for CPU and then disable HT.  It is enabled by default.  It was nice several years ago but with your CPU you don't need it and I think you will be delighted with the clarity of your scenery textures.  If you tell me what kind of MB you have (ASUS?) I might be able to tell you exactly where to go in your BIOS.  For me it eliminated the blurries I was getting even with my current i7 8086K system oc'd to 5GHz.

Agree. Also reduced my CPU operating temperature considerably.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

26 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Agree. Also reduced my CPU operating temperature considerably.

Of course, since you switched off half of the CPU.  So you are now running on 4 cores only ? Money wasted on buying an i7.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

23 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Of course, since you switched off half of the CPU.  So you are now running on 4 cores only ? Money wasted on buying an i7.

I considered that, but P3D seems to run fine with HT off. Maybe other applications would make use of it, but since I only use my PC for flight simulation I prefer to run with it off.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

3 hours ago, willy647 said:

No reason not to waste money on an i7 w/o hyperthreading, Intel is getting ready to do it themselves - https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/07/leaked-benchmarks-show-intel-is-dropping-hyperthreading-from-i7-chips/

Submit News to AVSIM

What is your zoom level? 

Submit News to AVSIM

Turning off HT simply ensures the second P3D task has a core to itself, which gives the first task, and the second task a whole core each. So with HT on and no Affinity mask to stop that, the possible performance in the main task (render) is reduced by up to 20-30%.

HT enabled can only allow perhaps 6-10% throughput of the background tasks which alleviates blurriness and increases loading speed.

But with a bad HT config (no AM for P3D) we'll lose 20% sharing the first core to two main tasks - pretty simple really. It's better to turn off HT if the system can't be configured correctly or if HT is mis-understood as it is so badly.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

What we have to do is turn off all the trimmings, turn back all the settings, don't load any add-on planes or scenery, bring the sim to stock. Then look at the performance - is it OK now? Might not be, could be a problem in hardware or GPU possibly. So if it's all working sweetly now we stripped it back, we know the hardware is OK and can move on. Taking small steps, load one thing at a time and run it up. The sooner the sim is brought under control the sooner the problem setting or add-on can be located. A bad scenery install can cause long delays loading textures, there's a lot of things can slow down the process of loading textures - set them all small and work up from there. But blurriness is simply that, the slowdown of texture loading, they could simply be set too big by one notch which can increase load by four times.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com