KNOSSOS

xVision for X-Plane 11 : looking for beta testers

Thanks for the info Matthias. I'm curious, what in 11.30 is going to make this redundant?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

Thanks for the info Matthias. I'm curious, what in 11.30 is going to make this redundant?

Yuri explained above that the shader code will significantly change, rendering the tool unusable. So as a gesture they made it freely available for the v11.21 and v11.25 run.

I'm hoping this will mean they're going to fix the water and tree problems in 11.30... I can only hope 🙂

• Like 3

I hope KNOSSOS doenst leave this project even after 1.30, this one is just fantastic, it fixes a bunch of issues in XP, the contrails, the night lighting, the water, the sun reflections, and the most important that as been a personal fight of mine whit Laminar, the horrible mud brown shader in the horizon, just brilliant, i will gladly pay for this.

1.30 is announced with a bunch of improvements, namely in the particles, but for sure there are going to be things to improve and tweak, KNOSSOS dont leave us and take my money 😎

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Same opinion from my side!

I just tried out the included "impressive" script - The name says it all!

In combination with Ortho4XP and X-Europe it is a real treat for the eyes, especially for VFR. I too do hope you'll continue the developement with the release of 11.30, I would definitely be willing to pay for this.

3 quick shots: link removed

Edited by Jim Young
Images must be embedded. Members have no idea what is at the other end of a link.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

also used "impressive"script +Ortho4xp + X-Europe +Ultra Weather =  Amazing

issue: XPrealistic is not working anymore, i guess xV_Impressive.lua script disable XPRelastic.lua , tried to add it on xVision Resources & scrips but with out any result.

if someone made it work , let me know!

thanks

Update:

issued fixed from Yuri ( xVision team) : activate scripts from exclusive mode must be switched off

Edited by Sanctus
Update
  • Like 2

Does everybody's papi light working during the day with x-vision?

because mine are not or is that how it supposed to be?

So just to confirm, there are no activation keys left? I didn't know this was in beta & downloaded it only to be prompted with an "activation key" box 😕 I'm eager to try this thing out.

27 minutes ago, jakesager said:

So just to confirm, there are no activation keys left? I didn't know this was in beta & downloaded it only to be prompted with an "activation key" box 😕 I'm eager to try this thing out.

Look inside the folder you just downloaded, there's a file called activation key, just copy and paste.

Hello,

Looking so good, I really want to try it but when I try to install it it says my X-Plane 11.25 data is corrupted I don't know how to fix that, I have the default shaders and I even tried on a new X-Plane copy just doesn't work

Any solutions? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, xapangoo said:

Hello,

Looking so good, I really want to try it but when I try to install it it says my X-Plane 11.25 data is corrupted I don't know how to fix that, I have the default shaders and I even tried on a new X-Plane copy just doesn't work

Any solutions? 

Thanks

It seems that we have problem with some East Asia locales. We are working on this issue. Thanks for feedback.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KNOSSOS said:

It seems that we have problem with some East Asia locales. We are working on this issue. Thanks for feedback.

Oh man I'm in Europe (France) do you think there's a problem there too?

1 hour ago, xapangoo said:

Oh man I'm in Europe (France) do you think there's a problem there too?

Could you please write more details at  info@x-vision.pro?

2 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

Could you please write more details at  info@x-vision.pro?

KNOSSOS there are several reports of this in the org and the common factor is XP in steam.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, snakeyes.69 said:

Does everybody's papi light working during the day with x-vision?

because mine are not or is that how it supposed to be?

You are right, papi lights are not working in daylight with x-vision, just tested that! Going to mess with the light features to see if i can find whats causing this!

Edit: Found it, Custom patches, the LightsDayNightSmoothTransition is causing this.

Edited by dmarques69

5 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

I also have the same issue with my XP11 11.25 from Steam. The locale is zh-TW. (Traditional Chinese Taiwan). When I launch Xvision it said the data file is corrupted and the program closed. I am not sure what the data file here is, but I hope there will be a fix. Thank you.

4 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

You are right, papi lights are not working in daylight with x-vision, just tested that! Going to mess with the light features to see if i can find whats causing this!

Edit: Found it, Custom patches, the LightsDayNightSmoothTransition is causing this.

thank you i have got them back now. 😃

Hi!

I tried this last evening and it looks fabulous!  However, I have read the manual, but I don't quite understand the relationship between .xvs files and lua.xvs files.  If you use xVision without FlyWithLua,  xVision uses only the selected .xvs files?  Does a lua.xvs file require a corresponding .xvs file?  For example, there is a Classics.xvs file and a Classics_for_lua.xvs file included with xVision.  What is the advantage of using the lua.xvs files?

Finally, if I create a new .xvs file, how do I create a corresponding lua.xvs file to use in FlyWithLua?

Please excuse me if this is explained in the manual. At my age, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Regards,

Gerry

12 hours ago, GCNorth said:

I tried this last evening and it looks fabulous!  However, I have read the manual, but I don't quite understand the relationship between .xvs files and lua.xvs files.  If you use xVision without FlyWithLua,  xVision uses only the selected .xvs files?  Does a lua.xvs file require a corresponding .xvs file?  For example, there is a Classics.xvs file and a Classics_for_lua.xvs file included with xVision.  What is the advantage of using the lua.xvs files?

Distribution package contains 2 solutions. "Impressive" and "Classic".
Each solution is represented by two different files, for example, Impressive_for_Lua and Impressive (without Lua).
Lua version is for users who using FlyWithLua plugin in their setup, Impressive without lua is for users who not using FlyWithLua plugin.
The Lua and not Lua files are not depended on each other.
If you are using FWL, use solutions with Lua postfix.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:01 AM, KNOSSOS said:

Fixed version of tool is available:

http://x-vision.pro/releases.html

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm still unable to load my lua scripts with xvision, can someone explain all the steps to enable them? I want to run the impressive_with_lua solution. I added xprealistic.lua and landingrate.lua, but they still get the ".~lua" making FYL to ignore them. Do I need to manually rename to .lua ?

The activate scripts in exclusive mode switch is a bit confusing. If I understand correctly, turning it off, every lua script in Scripts folder inside the FLY plugin, will be (or should be) loaded, right? So there's no need to add them in the resources & scripts manager, or is it ??

If it's on, only the scripts added and checked in the r&s manager, will be enabled, correct? 

Thank you

Edited by S3rg1o