Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

xVision for X-Plane 11 : looking for beta testers

1 hour ago, DescendDescend said:

I can't get it to install. I have Xplane 11.25. The installer downloaded from the link on the developers site says this version of Xplane is unsupported. Is there a link to a version that supports 11.25.

Also I cant see where it says the version number of XVision.

I think it might be due to your shader folder.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1 hour ago, DescendDescend said:

I can't get it to install. I have Xplane 11.25. The installer downloaded from the link on the developers site says this version of Xplane is unsupported. Is there a link to a version that supports 11.25. 

Also I cant see where it says the version number of XVision.

The problem still exists? We updated some files about an hour ago and data file was inaccessible for 10-20 sec.

To see your version of xVision please use "About" in main menu.

3 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

I think it might be due to your shader folder.

I thought that may be possible although I've taken reasonable care to restore it to normal including an update from 11.2 to 11.25 In any case the message: No data for this X-Plane version (UNSUPPORTED) would suggest a version incompatibility and not a shader incompatibility.

2 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

The problem still exists? We updated some files about an hour ago and data file was inaccessible for 10-20 sec.

To see your version of xVision please use "About" in main menu.

Thanks for your response. I just redownloaded the installer and tried it again but get the same message: No data for this X-Plane version (UNSUPPORTED). followed by: Fatal Initialisation error: Stream read error.

There is no way of knowing from the exe whether the version is correct for 11.25 before you try and install it. I assume that you can only read the ''About'' after it is installed and running.

Edited by DescendDescend
spelling

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I'm still not seeing any visibility changes, I'm using 1.01 according to the About button and applied my solution.

However I was on 1.00 before, so I downloaded from the website. I'm not sure if I'm on the 'original' 1.01 or the latest update which includes the fog fix. The release notes say to update to the 'original' 1.01 first, but there's only one download so have I updated correctly? 

10 hours ago, SmC12 said:

I'm not sure if I'm on the 'original' 1.01 or the latest update which includes the fog fix. The release notes say to update to the 'original' 1.01 first, but there's only one download so have I updated correctly? 

To ensure that you have 1.01 version of the tool please use "About" command from main menu. Regarding visiblility: go to any airport and set manually "Foggy" or "Low visibility" weather conditions. If you see foggy landscape, it's OK with upgrade. If the environment still looks like CAVOK, the issue still exists.

16 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

To ensure that you have 1.01 version of the tool please use "About" command from main menu. Regarding visiblility: go to any airport and set manually "Foggy" or "Low visibility" weather conditions. If you see foggy landscape, it's OK with upgrade. If the environment still looks like CAVOK, the issue still exists.

Like I said it does show 1.01 from the About section of the app. 

K9GUQJs.png

This is what it looks like with visibility set to 0.1sm which is well below CATIII conditions. Shouldn't be able to see the runway never mind the mountains. 

cOO9M15.png

Could it be because I did not download the July 26 update? I'm assuming the download link on the website is the August 01 version. I was on v1.00 before downloading that, now I'm on 1.01.

From the August 01 release notes: 

"If you are using old 1.00 version of tool, you need to update it to 1.01 version (see below, post July 26, 2018)."

What about people who downloaded after August 01? Are the updates cumulative or automatically installed? If not then is there somewhere I can find the original files? Not sure what else could be the problem. This is using the Impressive_for_Lua preset (I do have the complete edition installed). 

Edited by SmC12

8 hours ago, SmC12 said:

What about people who downloaded after August 01? Are the updates cumulative or automatically installed?

Yes, update is automatically installed and you have a proper xV version. You need just re-apply your solution again after update.

Hey Yuri, I found a little inconsistency with the cloud art. It's hard to make out, though - the outer rim of cloud textures (probably ring 4 or 5) have a slight yellow/green tint. That's kind of disturbing - if anything, further away clouds should be less warm (more blue), but no color change at all would be fine I guess.

X-Plane%202018-08-07%2000-04-42.png?raw=

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

12 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

Yes, update is automatically installed and you have a proper xV version. You need just re-apply your solution again after update.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to change anything. I restored everything from backup then applied the Impressive solution again. Tried classic and my own solution too. 

I noticed the problem seems to be related to the "skyc/white_out_in_clouds" dataref. If set to 1 the fog works correctly. Both the Impressive and Classic Lua scripts have this value set to 0. 

Edited by SmC12

25 minutes ago, SmC12 said:

I noticed the problem seems to be related to the "skyc/white_out_in_clouds" dataref

Yes, I've noticed the same issue with this dataref. Thanks for feedback.

6 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I found a little inconsistency with the cloud art.

Thanks, we'll check it.

Is someone using xvision with xenviro? Will I loose all the good things coming with xvision
or can I just untick post processing and upper/lower atmosphere (vers. 1.07)?

I want to have real weather and the look and feel of xvision 🙂

Thank you in advance for any help.

I am running XVision alongside XEnviro 1.07, with excellent results. XVision is simply brilliant for its water effects alone – moonlight (and sunlight) on the ocean is remarkable, and the overall water texture improvements are superb. What is more, frame rates on my system have improved markedly – but don’t ask me to explain precisely why...

A few points to note, though. In any XVision "solution", if you are using XEnviro, I'd recommend you uncheck any cloud-based XVision options to avoid conflicts with the weather engine, and disable any influence the solution could have on lights.txt (which I understand Xenviro may also manipulate). It should then run without problem. Be extra careful when changing solutions, to always first restore your original settings, and only then apply the solution. Also, be sure to look at the switch called Activate scripts in exclusive mode under Resources and Scripts. Turn this off to avoid disabling all your other LUA scripts (this seems to be a common mistake, which I also initially made) before you apply a solution.

Where I fly (around New Zealand in the South Pacific), the ocean is a different colour to that in the Northern Hemisphere and this became very apparent when using XVision. It is a fairly simple matter to change the water texture to something more closely matching your personal environment. If you’re flying down my way and would like to try another colour, please respond on this forum.

With this minor tweak and adapting XVision’s standard "Impressive for Lua" solution, the results are stunning. And that description (of a screenshot I sent to XVision) came from the plugin’s author, Yuri, who I also found very responsive and helpful in support.

All in all, highly recommended, along with XPRealistic and rhpa23’s Rendering options for XP11. These three plugins have made a world of difference in performance for me.

Edited by Brian Mackie
Clarification
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Mackie said:

Rendering options for XP11

Hi Brian, just installed Rendering Options, but not sure what I can enable and not enable using xvision ?  Are you able to advise ?

Cheers

Julian

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, Brian Mackie said:

I am running XVision alongside XEnviro 1.07, with excellent results. XVision is simply brilliant for its water effects alone – moonlight (and sunlight) on the ocean is remarkable, and the overall water texture improvements are superb. What is more, frame rates on my system have improved markedly – but don’t ask me to explain precisely why...

A few points to note, though. In any XVision "solution", if you are using XEnviro, I'd recommend you uncheck any cloud-based XVision options to avoid conflicts with the weather engine, and disable any influence the solution could have on lights.txt (which I understand Xenviro may also manipulate). It should then run without problem. Be extra careful when changing solutions, to always first restore your original settings, and only then apply the solution. Also, be sure to look at the switch called Activate scripts in exclusive mode under Resources and Scripts. Turn this off to avoid disabling all your other LUA scripts (this seems to be a common mistake, which I also initially made) before you apply a solution.

Where I fly (around New Zealand in the South Pacific), the ocean is a different colour to that in the Northern Hemisphere and this became very apparent when using XVision. It is a fairly simple matter to change the water texture to something more closely matching your personal environment. If you’re flying down my way and would like to try another colour, please respond on this forum.

With this minor tweak and adapting XVision’s standard "Impressive for Lua" solution, the results are stunning. And that description (of a screenshot I sent to XVision) came from the plugin’s author, Yuri, who I also found very responsive and helpful in support.

All in all, highly recommended, along with XPRealistic and rhpa23’s Rendering options for XP11. These three plugins have made a world of difference in performance for me.

Wow thank you very much for the feedback and the explanations. I'll give it a try tonight.
I'm mainly flying in central europe so not much of an ocean there. But if the water is getting better with xvision, I'll definetly fly further to the mediterranean coasts.

Would you mind showing your rendering settings?

Thank you very much in advance!