Jump to content

JVinke

Update to 737 for prepar3d 4.3?

Recommended Posts

Hello

I saw the PMDG 737NGX  update this morning on the Ops Centre and went ahead and installed it.  However, when I entered P3D and loaded the PMDG livery I use, all my saved panels were gone and all the settings had changed.  I also noticed that some addons I have didn't work either.  The only thing I could do was to restore my whole system to a restore point of a couple of days ago and that corrected all the errors and disconnects.

Was anyone at PMDG aware of this effect with the new update?  Previous updates did not have such a catastrophic effect on my sim as this one did so I wonder if someone needs to be made aware of it.  In the meantime, I am not installing any PMDG updates until this can be resolved as the result is not good.

Sorry

Father Dane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the warning.. 

it seems on Facebook that other people have issues too.. 😕

Edited by Ephedrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

thanks for the warning.. 

it seems on Facebook that other people have issues too.. 😕

Can you please provide where this is wirtten? We have not seen any issues here, and nothing has come to support

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, FatherDane said:

Hello

I saw the PMDG 737NGX  update this morning on the Ops Centre and went ahead and installed it.  However, when I entered P3D and loaded the PMDG livery I use, all my saved panels were gone and all the settings had changed.  I also noticed that some addons I have didn't work either.  The only thing I could do was to restore my whole system to a restore point of a couple of days ago and that corrected all the errors and disconnects.

Was anyone at PMDG aware of this effect with the new update?  Previous updates did not have such a catastrophic effect on my sim as this one did so I wonder if someone needs to be made aware of it.  In the meantime, I am not installing any PMDG updates until this can be resolved as the result is not good. 

Sorry

Father Dane

What settings exactly have been chnaged? The saved panel stated that were gone from which directory?

What addons does not work?

 

None of the files that we update had to do anything with panel states or settings.

Edited by Olympic260

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Can you please provide where this is wirtten? We have not seen any issues here, and nothing has come to support

 

Chris,

that's a pretty good question, honestly. I'm looking for it. I follow several flight sim groups on FB but as I haven't liked or commented on it I can't find it anymore atm. As soon as it shows up again I will send you the link. There have been several typical PMDG hater comments about "nothing does work as always".. I didn't give a lot on it but between the angry words it sounded a bit like Father Dane says above. Some things seemed to have been broken after the updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ephedrin said:

Chris,

that's a pretty good question, honestly. I'm looking for it. I follow several flight sim groups on FB but as I haven't liked or commented on it I can't find it anymore atm. As soon as it shows up again I will send you the link. There have been several typical PMDG hater comments about "nothing does work as always".. I didn't give a lot on it but between the angry words it sounded a bit like Father Dane says above. Some things seemed to have been broken after the updates.

Marc, if you find them please do send them over.

The update only updated 4 files and none of them have anything to do with panel states or aircraft settings. In my pc's all panel states and aircraft settings are as it was.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Marc, if you find them please do send them over.

The update only updated 4 files and none of them have anything to do with panel states or aircraft settings. In my pc's all panel states and aircraft settings are as it was.

 

I'll do.

But as you say nothing has been reported to you I think it's save to try it after my Maddog flight 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to be one of those "everything is working fine for me" types, but in situations like this, I feel its a valuable data point. 

I just completed the both updates from the Ops Center and all is well.  All panel states are "as they were" and the aircraft are functioning as expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay guys,

works fine for me too. 

IF I find the postings on FB I will forward them, but I think it's kind of obsolete as nobody has reached out to the support staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents,

The reported abnormalities are inconsistent with the files we updated. In other words, what we updated cannot cause what is being asserted.

The faux outrage is...out of place, unnecessary, and honestly irresponsible.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, Olympic260 said:

What settings exactly have been chnaged? The saved panel stated that were gone from which directory?

What addons does not work?

 

None of the files that we update had to do anything with panel states or settings.

Hello

After installing the update through the PMDG Operations Centre, I entered P3Dv4 in the normal manner (I start Active Sky first). Once P3D has loaded I select my saved scenario - a PMDG Ryanair 737-800. Once that loaded, I saw all the panels had changed.  I use a home-built simulator and have monitors to show the PD and other display units, and all the placement settings had changed.  It would have required a total replacement and re-calculation to restore the panels to their proper state.  In addition, I use a throttle quadrant from Flight Simulator Centre, and this would not connect.  I also use OC4BA to connect and control several panels from Opencockpits and this too, would not work.  I tried reinstalling OC4BA and it wouldn't work so in frustration I simply performed an install of the main PMDG and selected restore/repair and then after adding the lines back in the ini file (SDK Broadcast) I re-started the computer, re-entered PMDG and found everything back to normal with my original scenario.

I have to say that this is the first time this has happened with an update from PMDG so it took me by surprise.  Previous updates did not disturb my settings as this latest one did. So, the PMDG Operations Centre is still announcing an update but now I am ignoring it as it simply takes too long to repair the damage to the rest of my system.  What I would like is a way to save all my panel states before installing an update - is there a way to do all this?

Sorry to have to report this, but as I said, it took me quite by surprise.

I hope this helps.

Father Dane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatherDane said:

Hello

After installing the update through the PMDG Operations Centre, I entered P3Dv4 in the normal manner (I start Active Sky first). Once P3D has loaded I select my saved scenario - a PMDG Ryanair 737-800. Once that loaded, I saw all the panels had changed.  I use a home-built simulator and have monitors to show the PD and other display units, and all the placement settings had changed.  It would have required a total replacement and re-calculation to restore the panels to their proper state.  In addition, I use a throttle quadrant from Flight Simulator Centre, and this would not connect.  I also use OC4BA to connect and control several panels from Opencockpits and this too, would not work.  I tried reinstalling OC4BA and it wouldn't work so in frustration I simply performed an install of the main PMDG and selected restore/repair and then after adding the lines back in the ini file (SDK Broadcast) I re-started the computer, re-entered PMDG and found everything back to normal with my original scenario.

I have to say that this is the first time this has happened with an update from PMDG so it took me by surprise.  Previous updates did not disturb my settings as this latest one did. So, the PMDG Operations Centre is still announcing an update but now I am ignoring it as it simply takes too long to repair the damage to the rest of my system.  What I would like is a way to save all my panel states before installing an update - is there a way to do all this?

Sorry to have to report this, but as I said, it took me quite by surprise.

I hope this helps.

Father Dane

The first update had some issues with loading saved panel states. This is the reason we pushed another one on Monday evening.

However please bear in mind that old panel states might not work correctly and new one needs to be created as there was some internal changes in the way these are saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the clarification.  But I will have to wait until I have more time before installing the update as it takes a long time to line up and size the display panels to each location on the Main Instrument Panel.  I must also consider the break-down with the add-on hardware and resolve that as well - but that should be simpler.

Thank you for assisting me and for the explanation.

Father Dane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS - regarding the update.  A message above said four files were replaced. can you tell me what these files are and what they correct or adjust, please?  How critical are they?

Many Thanks

Father Dane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FatherDane said:

can you tell me what these files are and what they correct or adjust, please?  How critical are they?

Open the Ops Center, the update window will mention a log that you can view to see the changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Prepar3D update 4.3 this morning.  Now PMDG shows no panels and settings no longer load! What happened and what is the fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kenspac737 said:

Did Prepar3D update 4.3 this morning.  Now PMDG shows no panels and settings no longer load! What happened and what is the fix?

Please open a ticket from the support portal, link in my signature, in order to provide some logs needed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated tonight - panels are all black and the buttons are not pressable with the mouse.  Can still fly (throttle works as does the stick) .. but unable to change anything on the panels.

Thanks for the support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...