Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Simflyers out of business?

Guest Knikolaes

Greetings folks of the FS community.I must say I was gavely disappointed in what I just came across over in the Simflyer forum. Apparently the top level of the forum is down, and what is left of the forum -- http://simflyers.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2 -- is totally unmoderated and has been so for month.On that note, I am going to safely assume (and correctly so) that Simfleysr is no more, and have to ask:"Are any other developers out there that would consider taking on doing KBFI?"It looked like such a promising project, yet the developer has all but dropped out of site and there are no official announcements since last Winter.Can anyone else shed some official light on this matter?

Wow, I couldn't believe the forum when i checked it out. It resembles something out of a newsgroup forum. I noticed there is no longer a link to the forum from their home page. From all appearences, it certainly seems like they are no more. They were the first payware scenery I bought. Fitz

Wonder if there was a parting of the group or some falling out.If you check the download area several of the more recent sceneries are listed as Not on sale anymore. Those sceneries are also removed from Simmarket.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Guest FireChief

Yep...sounds like they broke up. Too bad.Rob

Well I'm not surprised! First you have one of the lead designers leave and takes all of his goddies with him. You have another FS Company come in and steal the name (simflyer.net) Then you have people over there that can't post anything civil if their life depended on it! I'd probably be dishardend enough to quit too!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Knikolaes

Aye the part that saddened me was that it looked like they were ever so close to being done with KBFI -- it even was said to have been able to blend in with Megascenery. With the FlyTampa KSEA so close by, and with a few other features in the area, such as some of the georender GA airports in Washington State, it would have made for a VERY nice completion to a VERY nice area to learn how to fly on all levels.Hmmm. Now if anyone can do a great KBFI -- me thinks that FlyTampa would be a great candidate . . . .

I think it's a bit premature to say they're out of business, don't you guys?So far it looks like they merely took their forums down due to the malicious actions of a few.Maybe someone should actually ask them directly before jumping to conclusions here.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Cal broke off from Simflyers long before BFI was started, if my memory serves me correctly. And that was quite some time ago.I would sure hate to see Simflyers leave the scene even if they're considered a competitor. We can't possibly do every single airport in the world by ourselves, not to mention they seemed to have been increasing their quality along the way.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Knikolaes

>I think it's a bit premature to say they're out of business,>don't you guys?>>So far it looks like they merely took their forums down due to>the malicious actions of a few.>>Maybe someone should actually ask them directly before jumping>to conclusions here.>>Been there -- tried that. One email gets no replies, and the othertwo i have for them bounce back with mailer daemons. I forget his name, but there was a gentleman that went by "Wolfgang" or something like that in their forums as well as other forums who usually replied to my queries, but that is the email that seems to get no response in 2 months of trying.Trust me -- I try to exhaust all resources directly before bringing up such a topic in a forum like this. This post was a last resort to see if any others had been encountering the same as I, and thus far it looks like there are quite a few, so i am not alone here.

Well, it sure does seem likely, let's hope it isn't the case though.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

Guest Knikolaes

>I had heard that remants of the group formerly known as>SimFlyers is now known as Imagine Simulations:>http://www.imaginesim.com/I have every one of Imagine Sim's products, including the new Charlotte addition. I forgot about the thing about Simflyers team members going over there, as i heard that as well. Their scenery is VERY nice -- including my home intl airport of KDEN.

I heard their forum was hacked and they have had trouble dealing with it. That would explain why they took the forum links down.Not to mention BFI, they were also in the middle of KMSP. That was one I was really looking forward to.Perhaps they haven't fixed the forums because they were really useless at this point - too many complaints, demands...I imagine they pulled some of the older products because they designers have left the group and they can no longer support those products.Or, of course, maybe they have gone out of business. I really wish they would send out a press release or something.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Well I'm saddened to hear of a possible loss of a great development team. I more so sadden that KMSP won't get done now. We haven't had a rendition of this airport since the freeware offering designed for FS2000. KMSP is the only major airport for the upper mid-west. I don't have to sell the importance of this airport as most know it's a major hub of Northwest Airlines. With KMKE being developed I was actually surprised no one has even thought of doing it so far. It's rumored that FSX will have KMSP added to it's detailed airport list but that's just a rumor.Simflyer's should give us official word if their done or not. Because I work with a few developers I know most are currently tied up with Aces beta testing FSX with their current and future products. I hope this is the case with Simflyers. My request is if Simflyers has gone the way of the bone yard can someone else do KMSP. It's a shame this airport has virtually nothing represented here in this community both freeware and payware. How can we have KMKE and not KMSP??? :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Once Cal left, it seemed to be only a matter of time. They were the best when they started and started declining after Cal left and others like Fly-Tampa came on the scene. Oh well, times change. At least they put something out instead of just annoucing stuff.

Eric