Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Taxi2Gate+TropicalSim Airports

Can anyone kindly inform me if Taxi2Gate's Hamad Internationl(OTBD) has been updated to v4? Likewise for KCMI from TropicalSim.?

Have a few airports from both developers and want to know if they are now to be consigned to FSX,V2,etc trash can as I have not been able to find any information from their websites other than links to their respective Forums.

Tried to install in v4 and they seemed to install okay buy are not showing up either in Addon Library or in the sim itself.

Edited by vc10man
missed

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Can anyone kindly inform me if Taxi2Gate's Hamad Internationl(OTBD) has been updated to v4? Likewise for KCMI from TropicalSim.?

Have a few airports from both developers and want to know if they are now to be consigned to FSX,V2,etc trash can as I have not been able to find any information from their websites other than links to their respective Forums.

Tried to install in v4 and they seemed to install okay buy are not showing up either in Addon Library or in the sim itself.

Why not adding it manually? Of course it won‘t show up if the installer don‘t has a v4 option. That‘s just common sense. 

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Hello.

The official TropicalSim information (somewhere over their forums) is that if a scenery is labeled as P3Dv2 it will work on v4 without issues.

The older sceneries install correctly if you point the installer to your Prepar3D main folder and add them to the scenery library manually.

I even have older sceneries labeled as only FSX compatible working in P3Dv4 with night runway lights and without issues.

I have KMCI working in my Prepar3d v4.3 setup.  Like the Gentlemen said you have to add it manually.  

I've installed OTHH without issues. You just need to manually add it to the scenery library and it works fine. 

I actually prefer it in X-Plane (converted using the tool) because I can add static aircraft to the scenery. It looks quite dead in Prepar3d/FSX 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, officercrockey said:

Why not adding it manually? Of course it won‘t show up if the installer don‘t has a v4 option. That‘s just common sense. 

I had it in the P3D Addon folder  but when I looked in the Sim's Addon Library, no sign of it listed there.

1 hour ago, Wolf0 said:

Hello.

The official TropicalSim information (somewhere over their forums) is that if a scenery is labeled as P3Dv2 it will work on v4 without issues.

The older sceneries install correctly if you point the installer to your Prepar3D main folder and add them to the scenery library manually.

I even have older sceneries labeled as only FSX compatible working in P3Dv4 with night runway lights and without issues.

I did that, pointed to the P3D Main Folder. I thought as soon as I saw it listed in Addons isub-folder n the Main P3D older in C:// it'd automatically go into the sim's Addon Library

55 minutes ago, MrDirt said:

I have KMCI working in my Prepar3d v4.3 setup.  Like the Gentlemen said you have to add it manually.  

Will go down that avenue, thanks.

29 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

I've installed OTHH without issues. You just need to manually add it to the scenery library and it works fine. 

I actually prefer it in X-Plane (converted using the tool) because I can add static aircraft to the scenery. It looks quite dead in Prepar3d/FSX 

Thanks for that Jude.By tool, you mean an X-Plane tool, I surmise?

To all replies, Many Thanks guys. Appreciated.

Texture files are installed to the main fsx or p3d texture folder for some taxi2gate and tropicalsim scenery. And some times altitude bgl files. Run the installer on the p3d version 4 and manually add to scenery library or create an add-on.xml

Right, followed advice as given here. Ran the installers for both the OTBD(Taxi2Gate) and KCMI(TropicalSim) airports respectively.

Put KCMI in the Main P3D folder; the OTBD(Taxi2Gate) went into Main P3D\Addon Scenery folder.

Fired up P3D; from the drop-down Scenery Library, manually Add Area, added both, but when changing from default airport where the F35 is lined up, to both KCMI and OTBD airports, neither of these look like the TropicalSIm and Taxi2Gate airports. They look like the standard default bland airports.

So, what is going wrong here or what am I doing incorrectly?

For T2G Doha you need to select the New Doha Airport: OTHH ...

OTBD is the old Doha Airport that has now closed to commercial flights ... I made this mistake myself, it was only when I changed to an outside view (and then top down view) and panned round did I see the new Terminal Buildings in the distance and realised

Edited by EastFB72
  • Like 1

You star, EastFB72, for that heads-up.

Will try that tip and report back.

Thanks a lot.

EDIT:

That did the trick, except I now have palm trees dotted around the aprons. I don't recall seeing palm trees when I flew there recently on Qatar Airways.  Cannot insert a screenshot  as the site that i used to host screenshots  OZhosting does not seems to respond. 

Edited by vc10man

I'll load up my OTHH in a bit and check myself with regards to those Palm trees

EDIT: Only place where I seem to have Palm trees is round the back of the scenery

Which order is the Scenery in the .cfg file?

Edited by EastFB72

On 8/9/2018 at 2:42 PM, vc10man said:

Thanks for that Jude.By tool, you mean an X-Plane tool, I surmise?

To all replies, Many Thanks guys. Appreciated.

Yes, FSX2XPlane 🙂

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

4 hours ago, EastFB72 said:

Which order is the Scenery in the .cfg file?

Yeah, the palm trees on an apron threw me off,as I did not see that in R/L when there only a mere 4 weeks ago.

Now, this has got me stumped. Please tell me where I should be looking for that? Is it in C:\Program Data folder?

Thanks.

EDIT:

In that Programs Data folder, found this, if it's any help.

• Old Scenery
  • Scenery.cfg shows Area 321-Title=OTHH=C:\FS\Addon Scenery\T2G Hamad Intl Airport\OTHH. Active=True
  • Scenery_Add-Ons XML file. Looked in there, and no entries for either the KCMI or the OTHH ,yet have entries for all the FSDT, and UK scenery I have
  • Is that the clue?
Edited by vc10man

16 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Yeah, the palm trees on an apron threw me off,as I did not see that in R/L when there only a mere 4 weeks ago.

Now, this has got me stumped. Please tell me where I should be looking for that? Is it in C:\Program Data folder?

Thanks.

Should be (which is how I've got mine)

- Airport
 - City
 - Terrain

All sorted.

I  had just merely added the airport without adding the City and Terrain. Only after reading the pdf all made sense and penny dropped.

All A1 now. Now to deal with KMCI...................again, all sorted.

Edited by vc10man
  • Like 2