Sign in to follow this  
Danno

Pressurization System

I found two issues with the cabin pressurization system. First, it seems to have some autonomous functionality. That is, it will pressurize itself without input from the pilot. Second, when the pressure exceeds the max level (which appears to be near 5.6 psi), it just keeps on climbing without a warning popping up on the annunciator. (The warning light is there...you can see when testing the annunciator). 

But perhaps that's just me. The Beech C90 GTX seems to have a functioning pressure system so why wouldn't Car-Ala use the same code and make every aircraft pressure system functional. 

I'll submit a ticket but I'm sure I'll just have to live with it. 

Car-Ala seems to re-invent the wheel with every new release.. sometimes with good results, often times repeating previous problems or inventing new ones..

"Sloppy execution" comes to mind.. :cool:

Bert

I'm using the current Version of the plane (V3). The pressurization is working mostly correct. You set the Cabin Altitude Selector to field elevation + 500 ft. Soon after lift-off, the cabin starts to pressurize and maintains the selected cabin altitude until reaching max. differntial pressure (5.0 psi). This is the case when passing about 14,000 ft, if departing from an Airport close to MSL. The cabin starts to climb then, maintaining max. differential pressure.

At about 26,500 ft, the cabin altitude is passing 10,000 ft. This is correct. However, the CABIN ALT annunciator light should come on by then.

Ram Dump and Cabin Pressurization Switch are working, however, the L and R Bleed Air Dumps don't work. Pulling both, the cabin should depressurize at about 3000 ft/min or so.

Fine tuning by Alabeo could also include that the bleed air is delivered at manifold pressure + approx. 3 in HG (throttle losses), thus pulling the engines to idle at high level cruise leeds to depressurization.

Still not working correctly: Suction gauge. If one engine quits, the gauge has to Show the red warning flag / bulb on this side, lower section of the Instrument. Only Chance to know in flight that you've lost a pump.

(And a curse on the mixture controls on all piston aircraft on P3D and FSX.)

Now, with Ron's design, I'm finally very happy with the Aircraft (Advanced Physics mod).
A G600 or Aspen EFD1000 is something to dream about...

Edited by AndiKunzi

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K

I never paid much attention to the pressuaration system in generally and first had to find out more about it on the Internet. I only found out that the C421 can go up to 5 PSI cabin pressure and from this value on the rear valves should open automatically to release the excess pressure. But the automatic opening doesn't seem to work, so the pressure keeps rising and rising until the needle on the instrument breaks or the windows fly out.

I climbed up to 30,000 feet and when I hover the mouse over the gauge it showed more than 20 PSI or so. I can release the pressure manually, but that can't be intended.

Also, I'm not sure if the Cabin Altitude Selector has any effect at all. And the Rate Selector Knob is not clickable. I found many lines of code regarding the system. Maybe with a few minor changes it could be improved.

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

4 hours ago, Raller said:

Also, I'm not sure if the Cabin Altitude Selector has any effect at all. And the Rate Selector Knob is not clickable. I found many lines of code regarding the system. Maybe with a few minor changes it could be improved.

I found the Rate Selector knob to be temperamental...  At first, it did nothing, but after trying again, the mouse wheel suddenly worked, and the rate could be adjusted.. up and down.  There may be an altitude restriction.. or just some code issue.. don't know.

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I found the Rate Selector knob to be temperamental...  At first, it did nothing, but after trying again, the mouse wheel suddenly worked, and the rate could be adjusted.. up and down.  There may be an altitude restriction.. or just some code issue.. don't know.

I find the same issue, Bert. I have found that constantly rolling the mouse wheel finally brings it from some imaginary pressurization altitude (off the scale) based on the tooltip value. Pretty wild, but it will eventually come down with all that rolling the wheel.