Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

New GeForce RTX DLSS AA and P3D

14 minutes ago, pgde said:

And isn't this Nvidia-specific? If so, what about all the AMD-based users?

Ahhh...yes.

Nvidia is Nvidia only. 

AMD users? Hmmm... How to answer?

:cool:

Edited by SpiritFlyer

41 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Ahhh...yes.

Nvidia is Nvidia only. 

AMD users? Hmmm... How to answer?

:cool:

LOL you are too kind to them Sir.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I just hope that prices fall to a sensible level when I start looking for a new PC (probably Summer 2019).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am about to upgrade in about 10 weeks, so it's borderline which route to take in regards to Graphics Card. I am going the 4K path using a Samsung UHD TV so I may just get a GTX1080Ti and be done with it.

Here in NZ, we can now buy online through Newegg, so with the exchange rate, it maybe cheaper for me. The RTX cards won't be available here for sometime I am guessing. US and Europe market usually get first pickings.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

13 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Machine learning, eh? If they call the next generation of cards "Terminator", I'm running for the hills :laugh::blink:

Skynet Chris, Skynet ;)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

20 hours ago, DylanM said:

This isn't raytracing...this is AA. And yes, P3D does use that despite its pedigree...

Yes, LOL, I know 'this' is AA but the software needs to be altered in order to work with this new kind of AA anyway. 'Just' like with raytracing.

AFAIK there's no information on whether LM will submit their code to NVidia for 'amending' although I wouldn't bet my bank balance on it at all...

The slight upside to all this I see is Rob A saying LM are very aware of the new tech...  and even if it doesn't get used by P3D anytime soon, the next GPU will probably be 2+ years down the line and the generational increases in rasterization performance prob make the 2080ti worthwhile, certainly for anyone still on a Maxwell era GPU.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

This is very early data from Nvidia to Tom's Hardware website regarding RTX improvement versus GTX1080. It shows gains in modern games without DLSS and with at 4K monitor resolution.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-2080-gaming-benchmarks-rasterized,37679.html

Whether this might apply to P3D depends whether your GPU is holding you back instead of your CPU ( unusual for P3D )

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

21 minutes ago, Eugenio Lo Cicero said:

since im assembling a new pc and i miss only the graphic card i belive i will take directly the rtx 2080 ti 

how will this graphic card be combined on a simulator?

Nobody knows at this time if it worth the exorbitant price and what the performance will be. It isn't released until Sept. 20 and is generally sold out.

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.