Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

FATAL ERROR!

Just started getting Fatal Error! After clicking enable. It appears after a few seconds. The error log shows this

Log Start 09/01/2018 17:54:58

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.SetupDestinationMsa()
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Dispatcher.SetupUserFlightPlanLocationsForRecognizer()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Dispatcher.Run()
Log Start 09/01/2018 17:58:32

at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.SetupDestinationMsa()
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Dispatcher.SetupUserFlightPlanLocationsForRecognizer()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Dispatcher.Run()

Can anyone help?

Regards Colin

Did you run the indexer? Did you load a flight plan before starting VoxATC? From the error it looks like there is something wrong with setting the MSA at destination airport. What airports are you using for your flightplan?

Yes I have run the indexer and loaded the flight plan before starting VoxATC. I have tried a number of different departure and arrival airports. The result is always the same. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled VoxATC.

I've just started having this fatal crash in the FSX-SE version. The P3D4 version still runs flawlessly. I've tried re-installing the FSX-SE version, but it still crashes. I haven't a clue what to try next.

Dugald

Colin,

Short of some other piece of software  corrupting the VOXATC installation, it should be easy to isolate the problem. For troubleshooting purposes, use the VOXATC panel utility to install the VOXATC gauges in the default aircraft, which will vary depending on the sim. Then run the sim starting with the default scenario (which will utilize the default aircraft). Then load one of the VFR flightplans that comes with VOXATC. Answer yes, to the question to move the user aircraft to the destination airport.

See if that works.

Jay

I was trying to run a flight plan from EGKA when I first had the crash. I've now discovered that VoxATC is OK if I run a plan starting at EGGP. I'm using Horizon VFR photoscenery and UK2000 Airports, so I'm now about to experiment with disabling scenery entries to see if I can identify the problem at EGKA. I'll report back.

Dugald

Dugald,

You may have luck by disabling scenery entries. But it's more likely that there is something amiss with EGKA. First, check for the presence of another 3rd party version of the airport. MyT 6 supplies one and you may have either that or another version.

Next, check the ADE file with Airport Design Editor. VOXATC is intolerant of faults in the geometry of runways and taxiways. If you can't do that, PM me.

Jay

Jay,

As you expected, disabling scenery entries didn't solve the problem. I only had two bgl files for EGKA, and one of these was a CVX file. ADE didn't seem to have any problem with the airport.

I wondered what would happen if I tried a flight INTO EGKA. However, I never managed to find out, since FSX-SE started performing a CTD on every startup, so there was obviously some deeper problem with my installation. I've therefore simply uninstalled all my FSX-SE add-ons and FSX-SE itself, and I'm now in the process of re-installing it all. Thanks for your input anyway.

Dugald

Colin,

If you haven't found a fix for this Fatal Error, you might like to try the one that I've discovered purely by accident. After a re-install of Win10, FSX-SE, and everything else that I think I need, I found that I was still getting the Fatal Error with VoxATC at some airfields. On one occasion I didn't notice the Fatal Error message until I was in the act of hitting the transfer button after tuning the ATIS frequency. To my amazement, the Fatal Error message disappeared and VoxATC carried on working as if there had never been anything wrong. I've had the error message several times over the last few days, and it works every time - I just carry on as if nothing has happened.

Dugald

I have had voxatc now for a while. All of a sudden a few weeks ago it stoped working no matter where i was. It says fatal error after it inititilizes. I have done everything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled  voxatc, I have uninstalled all of my senory and i have even completely wiped my computer and did a fresh install of everything.But none of that worked. I have FSX steam edition, gsx level one and two, PMDG NGX 737. I have tryed to contact voxatc now 3 times but i have got no response. Can someone please help me?

Patrick

Edited by patrick12345

Patrick,

First, try the default FSX aircraft and one of the sample flightplans that are provided with VOXATC. If that doesn't work then disable all third party scenery in the sim, quit FSX, run the VOXATC Indexer and try again with the default aircraft and a sample flightplan.

You made some change that is causing the error and the above steps will help others here to help you. Also state the VOXATC version, your Windows version and you FSUIPC version.

Jay

Jay,

Thanks for the response.  I have tryed all the sample flights that came with voxatc in a few different defult aircrafts,  i have no add on sceanery and i have ran voxatc indexer a few times but it still will not work. I have windows 7, Fsuipc version 4.974, and Voxatc 7.42. 

Any other suggestions?

Patrick

There are only two reasons that the Indexer will not run with a default sim installation. Either the VOXATC installation is corrupt or SimObjects.cfg/scenery.cfg have an error. If the Indexer will not complete normally then VOXATC will not run correctly.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled voxatc and it did nothing, still get the error. I have no addon scenery installed. My computer just got wiped and everything reinstalled (not from a backup). How do i know if there is an error in the scenory.cfg file? How do i fix it? Like i said, i just did a complete reinstall of everything.

Hi,

I just did a second flight EKCH-EGCC and had the same problem in both cases. I run the latest VoxATC on P3Dv4 under Windows 10. I was on a Odin 2A departure from runway 04R (Flytampa scenery). When I got to CH368, 6000ft. I changed frequency to 119.90 (Kastrup departure) as requested. At CH 371 I was asked to contact Center on 119.42 and got a Fatal Error as a result. I have the error log for that phase if anyone is interested. I tried again at the end of the departure procedure (ODN) and the same error asked me to disable VoxATC.

I continued my flight without VoxATC, however, at LIBSO (beginning of approach to Manchester) I was able to restore contact again and fly the approach ROSUN1G to runway 24R. My instructed descent was way to slow, however, and I had to declare a missed approach. This worked and I was able to land using VoxATC.

I would be grateful for your comments on this – is it scenery related and how do I fix it. On the second flight I added the line: <DescentRatio Value="3.5 /> to the VASettings file but it did not have the desired effect.

I have since noted that my FlyTampa Copenhagen scenery has only one runway available in the P3DV4 scenario planner so I deleted the scenery.cfg file and allowed it to regenerate. This had the desired effect as far as available runways is concerned but did not eliminate the FATAL ERROR in VoxATC.

If anyone has suggestions I would be most grateful.

John McWilliam