Sign in to follow this  
JJJackson

Error reinstalling PMDG products

Trying to reinstall mu PMDG-products, but the .exe file creates a new library, disk1, with the following text, what is wrong?:

[0x0409]
1100=Setup Initialization Error
1101=%s
1102=%1 Setup is preparing the %2, which will guide you through the program setup process.  Please wait.
1103=Checking Operating System Version
1104=Checking Windows(R) Installer Version
1105=Configuring Windows Installer
1106=Configuring %s
1107=Setup has completed configuring the Windows Installer on your system. The system needs to be restarted in order to continue with the installation. Please click Restart to reboot the system.
1108=%s
1125=Choose Setup Language
1126=Select the language for this installation from the choices below.
1127=The installer must restart your system to complete configuring the Windows Installer service.  Click Yes to restart now or No if you plan to restart later.
1128=This setup will perform an upgrade of '%s'. Do you want to continue?
1129=A later version of '%s' is already installed on this machine. The setup cannot continue.
1130=OK
1131=Cancel
1132=Password:
1133=Install
1134=&Next >
1150=Setup has detected an incompatible version of Windows. Please click OK and verify that the target system is running either Windows 95 (or later version), or Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 (or later version), before relaunching the installation
1151=Error writing to the temporary location
1152=Error extracting %s to the temporary location
1153=Error reading setup initialization file
1154=Installer not found in %s
1155=File %s not found
1156=Internal error in Windows Installer
1158=Error populating strings. Verify that all strings in Setup.ini are valid.
1200=Restart
1201=Setup needs %lu KB free disk space in %s. Please free up some space and try again
1202=You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as administrator and then retry this installation
1203=Command line parameters:
1204=/L language ID
1205=/S Hide initialization dialog.  For silent mode use: /S /v/qn
1206=/V parameters to MsiExec.exe
1207=Windows(R) Installer %s found. This is an older version of the Windows(R) Installer. Click OK to continue.
1208=ANSI code page for %s is not installed on the system and therefore setup cannot run in the selected language. Run the setup and select another language.
1210=Setup requires Windows Installer version %s or higher to install the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0. Please install the Windows Installer version %s or higher and try again.
1603=Error installing Windows Installer engine.  A file which needs to be replaced may be held in use.  Close all applications and try again.
1604=This setup does not contain the Windows Installer engine (%s) required to run the installation on this operating system.
1607=Unable to install %s Scripting Runtime.
1608=Unable to create InstallDriver instance, Return code: %d
1609=Please specify a location to save the installation package.
1611=Unable to extract the file %s.
1612=Extracting files.
1613=Downloading file %s.
1614=An error occurred while downloading the file %s.  What would you like to do?
1615=hr
1616=min
1617=sec
1618=MB
1619=KB
1620=/sec
1621=Failed to verify signature of file %s.
1622=Estimated time remaining: 
1623=%1 %4 of %2 %4 downloaded at %3 %4/sec
1624=Preparing to Install...
1625=Get help for this installation.
1626=Help
1627=Unable to save file: %s
1628=Failed to complete installation.
1629=Invalid command line.
1630=/UA<url to InstMsiA.exe>
1631=/UW<url to InstMsiW.exe>
1632=/UM<url to msi package>
1633=/US<url to IsScript.msi>
1634=Setup Initialization Error, failed to clone the process.
1635=The file %s already exists.  Would you like to replace it?
1642=Could not verify signature.  You need Internet Explorer 3.02 or later with Authenticode update.
1643=Setup requires a newer version of WinInet.dll.  You may need to install Internet Explorer 3.02 or later.
1644=You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation. Log on as administrator and then retry this installation
1645=Error installing Microsoft(R) .NET Framework, Return Code: %d
1646=%s optionally uses the Microsoft (R) .NET %s Framework.  Would you like to install it now?
1648=Setup has detected an incompatible version of Windows. Please click OK and verify that the target system is running either Windows 95 (or later version), or Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3 (or later version), before relaunching the installation
1649=%s optionally uses the Visual J# Redistributable Package. Would you like to install it now? 
1650= (This will also install the .NET Framework.)
1651=Setup has detected an incompatible version of Windows. Please click OK and verify that the target system is running Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (or later version), before relaunching the installation
1652=%s requires the following items to be installed on your computer. Click Install to begin installing these requirements.
1653=Installing %s
1654=Would you like to cancel the setup after %s has finished installing?
1655=The files for installation requirement %s could not be found. The installation will now stop. This is probably due to a failed, or canceled download.
1656=The installation of %s appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the installation?
1657=Succeeded
1658=Installing
1659=Pending
1660=Installed
1661=Status
1662=Requirement
1663=Failed
1664=Extracting
1665=Downloading
1666=Skipped
1667=The installation of %s has failed. Setup will now exit.
1668=The installation of %s requires a reboot.  Click Yes to restart now or No if you plan to restart later.
1669=%1 optionally uses %2. Would you like to install it now?
1670=Unable to load module %s, Error Code: %d
1671=Downloading file %2 of %3: %1
1700=An error occurred initializing the InstallScript engine
1701=Unable to extract InstallScript engine support files to temp location
1702=This installation lets you install multiple instances of the product. Select the instance you would like to install, and then click Next to continue:
1703=&Install a new instance
1704=&Maintain or upgrade an existing instance
1705=Default
1706=Instance ID
1707=Product Name
1708=Location
1710=This installation lets you patch multiple instances of the product. Select an option below to specify how you would like to apply this patch, and then click Next to continue.
1711=Patch &all of the existing instances
1712=&Patch an existing instance
1713=This installation requires Windows Installer version 4.5 or newer. Setup will now exit.
1714=Decompressing
1715=Version
1804=Choose Setup Language
1812=Select the language for the installation from the choices below.
1813=&OK
1815=InstallShield Wizard
1822=Cancel
1834=&Next >
1835=< &Back
1837=Do you wish to install %s?
1838=Authenticity Verified
1839=The identity of this software publisher was verified by %s.
1840=Caution: %s affirms this software is safe.  You should only continue if you trust %s to make this assertion.
1841=&Always trust software published by %s.
1842=This software has not been altered since publication by %s.  To install %s, click OK.
1854=InstallShield
1865=Preparing Setup
1866=Please wait while the InstallShield Wizard prepares the setup.
1872=Finish
1873=Transfer rate: 
1874=Estimated time left:
1880=/s
1887=%s - InstallShield Wizard
1888=Exit Setup
1889=Are you sure you want to cancel the setup?
1901=&Install a new instance of this application.
1903=Existing Installed Instances Detected
1904=Select the appropriate application instance to maintain or update.
1905=Setup has detected one or more instances of this application already installed on your system.
1906=&Maintain or update the instance of this application selected below:
1907=Setup has detected one or more instances of this application already installed on your system. You can maintain or update an existing instance or install a completely new instance.
1908=Select the instance of the application you want to &maintain or update below:
1909=Display Name
1910=Install Location
2001=%s Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the setup process. Please wait.
2002=Error Code:
2003=Error Information:
2004=An error (%s) has occurred while running the setup.
2005=Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: %s.
2006=&Detail
2007=&Report
2008=There is not enough space to initialize the setup.  Please free up at least %ld KB on your %s drive before you run the setup.
2009=A user with administrator rights installed this application. You need to have similar privileges to modify or uninstall it.
2010=Another instance of this setup is already running. Please wait for the other instance to finish and then try again. 
2143=Security Warning
2144=Do you want to run this setup?
2146=The origin and integrity of this application could not be verified.  You should continue only if you can identify the publisher as someone you trust and are certain this application hasn't been altered since publication.
2147=I &do not trust this setup
2148=I &understand the security risk and wish to continue
2151=The origin and integrity of this application could not be verified because it was not signed by the publisher.   You should continue only if you can identify the publisher as someone you trust and are certain this application hasn't been altered since publication.
2152=The origin and integrity of this application could not be verified. The certificate used to sign the software has expired or is invalid or untrusted.   You should continue only if you can identify the publisher as someone you trust and are certain this application hasn't been altered since publication.
2153=The software is corrupted or has been altered since it was published.  You should not continue this setup.
2154=This setup was created with a BETA VERSION of %s
2155=This Setup was created with an EVALUATION VERSION of %s
2156=Please enter the password
2157=This setup was created with an EVALUATION VERSION of %s, which does not support extraction of the internal MSI file. The full version of InstallShield supports this functionality.  For more information, see InstallShield KB article Q200900.
2158=This setup was created with an EVALUATION VERSION of %s. Evaluation setups work for only %s days after they were built. Please rebuild the setup to run it again. The setup will now exit.
2159=This setup works until %s. The setup will now exit.

[Languages]
0x0401=Arabic
0x0402=Bulgarian
0x0403=Catalan
0x0404=Chinese (Traditional)
0x0405=Czech
0x0406=Danish
0x0407=German
0x0408=Greek
0x0409=English (United States)
0x040a=Spanish
0x040b=Finnish
0x040c=French (Standard)
0x040d=Hebrew
0x040e=Hungarian
0x0410=Italian
0x0411=Japanese
0x0412=Korean
0x0413=Dutch
0x0414=Norwegian
0x0415=Polish
0x0416=Portuguese (Brazilian)
0x0418=Romanian
0x0419=Russian
0x041a=Croatian
0x041b=Slovak
0x041d=Swedish
0x041e=Thai
0x041f=Turkish
0x0421=Indonesian
0x0424=Slovenian
0x042d=Basque
0x0804=Chinese (Simplified)
0x0816=Portuguese (Standard)
0x0c0c=French (Canadian)
0x0c1a=Serbian (Cyrillic)

Are you running the installer as administrator? Right clikc the exe and select run as administrator?

Which products?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Yes I´m running as administrator. All 737/777 products (base + expansion).

Have reinstalled the products before, without problems. Just to be sure I re-downloaded the products from my PMDG-account again.

Jack

Edited by JJJackson

3 hours ago, JJJackson said:

Yes I´m running as administrator. All 737/777 products (base + expansion).

Have reinstalled the products before, without problems. Just to be sure I re-downloaded the products from my PMDG-account again.

Jack

It looks somehting in your system prevents the installers to run correctly. It can be either the Antivirus or another program

Chris Makris

Have deactivated Windows defender, closed down most every program but still the same error.

Just installed an  aircraft fro9m A2A without problems.

Jack

First that the pmdg installer is creating a text file as output is, in a word, weird.  None of that text is relevant, and most likely appears to be just a list of error messages from a very old piece of software (refers to IE v3.02 and Windows Server 2000.... that's very old stuff).

I'd like to know exactly what PMDG installer you are running and when and where did you get it?

Dan Downs KCRP

I´m not using any installer. I re-downloaded my PMDG-products from my PMDG account 3 days ago (737/777 Base packs+expansion packs), I right click the PMDG 737-8900 NGX Base Package P3D.exe and run it as administrstor. After a few seconds this funny looking library is created 䒌 including a sub library named Disk1, containing this file 0x0409.in whith the text above. 

I understand nothing as I have reinstalled my products before without any problems.

I have run Microsoft Defender and it has not found any viruses, I deactivate Defender during the installation. I can install other products like A2A aircrafts and different scenerys without problems.

Jack

Edited by JJJackson

This is way beyond what help you can get in a user forum.  I recommend you document the problem on a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.  As a beta tester for 10 years I've installed PMDG products hundreds of times and have never heard of a problem like you describe.  Something is involved besides the InstallShield Wizard used by PMDG.  I think the PMDG support team can help you.

Dan Downs KCRP

29 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

Hm, I can not see any other support-forum than this.

Jack

Hello Jack,

This is the place to open a ticket with PMDG for official support request. Which you definitely seems to be needing 😉
https://support.precisionmanuals.com (make sure to create an account it is spearated from this forum and the PMDG shop)

Cheers!

Jack,

You might have to re-install your operating system.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

43 minutes ago, jfriz said:

Jack,

You might have to re-install your operating system.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

No need, the issue was found and solved. He had moved his temp folder to another location

Chris Makris

Just to clarify. I did NOT just MOVE the folder, I followed the instructions from Microsoft. This a common way to solve the problem with a to small C-drive and recommended by ORBX and others. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To change the location of the System Temp folder, follow the steps given below.

1.       Right click on Computer and click on Properties. In the resulting window with the basic information about your computer

2.       Click on Advanced system settings on the left panel resulting in a dialog box click on the Advanced tab a

3.       Click on the button near the bottom labeled Environment Variables.

4.       You may see both TMP and TEMP listed in the section labeled User variables for (account). That's the common location; each different login account is assigned its own temporary location.

5.       In the Variable value Edit box you may specify the path to the directory that Windows and many other programs will use for temporary files.

Be sure and repeat that process for both TMP and TEMP.

You'll need to restart any running programs for the new value to take effect. In fact, you'll need to restart Windows for it to begin using the new value for its own temporary files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack

the Swede in Spain