Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Blurries out of nowhere

Just finished a AFR 777F flight from MEX to CDG.. This flight was a LOT better than my previous flights and smooth as butter.. no blurries, no poor FPS, no lag on wing texture loading, that too with some pretty heavy weather.. Here's what i did differently.. 

1. Deleted all the shaders (there were 50,000+ files in that folder).. I hadn't cleaned this folder for over 10-15 flights.. 

2. I noticed that the moment i started chaseplane, the FPS dropped by almost 8 to 10.. that's life and death when you're on final to a large airport.. so i turned chaseplane OFF and did the entire flight w/o chaseplane.. yes it was cumbersome switching between views, but the flight experience was smooth and the orbx openlc textures were soo crisp... and on final to CDG, my FPS was 27+ in some heavy weather and lightning.. now T2G CDG does not have GSX2 jetways.. so that's an additional factor.. 

I still have 10 airports or so which dont have GSX2 jetways.. so i'm gonna be only flying those until Umberto finds out what's causing this.. 

between GSX2 & chase plane and cleaning the shaders folder - the solution is somewhere there.. 

I'm gonna try another flight in a few hrs - this time with chase plane.. to try and isolate its effect.. 

Edited by vin747

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

note - you need to restart couatl and rebuild the airport cache every time you clean the shaders folder.. an extra 5 mins of wait time before you start flying but totally worth it.. 

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Folks,

What is the current status of GSX L2? Did they fix "blurries" and autogen slow loading?

Thanks

Dmitriy

37 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Folks,

What is the current status of GSX L2? Did they fix "blurries" and autogen slow loading?

Thanks

Dmitriy

No

It does look like they are testing something, and Umberto posted something to try.

Edited by duckbilled

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

39 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

No

It does look like they are testing something, and Umberto posted something to try.

Thanks, I'd rather stay from the purchase away for now. Actually, they embedded L2 demo into L1 installer, so those who hasn't purchased L2 yet, suffering the similar range of unpredictable artifacts. 

Edited by G-YMML1

8 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

That seems to be easy to check then. Get a P3D v4.3 installation empty of addons, just FSTD airports (mandatory) and GSXv2, and then put its graphic features to the minimum, so that it doesn't utilise much resources, and check whether or not the problem is there. Then go raising the number of addons and/or graphic features up to the maximum. IMO this is not the case, anyway, it seems to be such an "8 or 80" issue, very binary indeed.

Or more simpler just disable GSX2 and performance is great as before, that's why this is a puzzle 😉

12 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Andre - we are in agreement. I was intentionally vague because there are too many variables in a situation like this. My point is though - one cannot specifically point to a program like GSX and say the problem is it's fault. That is yet far from proven. It may well be the culprit but from what has been said it is just one of the possible causes.

I can guarantee that if there's something in GSX that triggers certain systems, Umberto will track it down. I just submit that it's easier to work with someone when you are not calling out his product.

Vic

I agree Vic, only one var which occurs a lot is GSX 2, so let's try and see to solve this one...

André

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

Thanks, I'd rather stay from the purchase away for now. Actually, they embedded L2 demo into L1 installer, so those who hasn't purchased L2 yet, suffering the similar range of unpredictable artifacts. 

You can restore default jetways from the GSX Control Panel so no, it's not true that "emdedding the demo" has somewhat hijacked your performances with no going back, because we obviously thought someone might want to go back to default jetways for performance reasons, so we made a super-easy way to restore them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vin747 said:

Just finished a AFR 777F flight from MEX to CDG.. This flight was a LOT better than my previous flights and smooth as butter.. no blurries, no poor FPS, no lag on wing texture loading, that too with some pretty heavy weather.. Here's what i did differently.. 

1. Deleted all the shaders (there were 50,000+ files in that folder).. I hadn't cleaned this folder for over 10-15 flights.. 

2. I noticed that the moment i started chaseplane, the FPS dropped by almost 8 to 10.. that's life and death when you're on final to a large airport.. so i turned chaseplane OFF and did the entire flight w/o chaseplane.. yes it was cumbersome switching between views, but the flight experience was smooth and the orbx openlc textures were soo crisp... and on final to CDG, my FPS was 27+ in some heavy weather and lightning.. now T2G CDG does not have GSX2 jetways.. so that's an additional factor.. 

I still have 10 airports or so which dont have GSX2 jetways.. so i'm gonna be only flying those until Umberto finds out what's causing this.. 

between GSX2 & chase plane and cleaning the shaders folder - the solution is somewhere there.. 

I'm gonna try another flight in a few hrs - this time with chase plane.. to try and isolate its effect.. 

Vinod maybe your on to something since I have ezdok too, I will test without chase plane 😉

Edited by awf

André

8 hours ago, vin747 said:

I'm not sure why you do that but:

We don't clean that folder since it is not dirty - unless we corrupted it or did something weird or added in some kind of shader altering code gone horribly wrong. Even a new driver for the GPU means nothing unless some function has been added, and then a new version of P3D will come out to add it and the relevant shaders will be flagged for re-building.

So now your system has to build 50,000 identical files.

Guys - unless you know you need to delete those files leave them alone.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

12 minutes ago, awf said:

Vinod maybe your on to something since I have ezdok too, I will test without chase plane 😉

No Ezdok or Chaseplane for me.

I'm trying to test with the latest instructions of removing selected FSDT airports. Problem is one of those airports is SDF and that is where my test flight originated. I'm trying to find another orgin where the problem exists. I did a flight from MSP to STL - that went fine. I'm trying LGA to MSP right now, but I need to get into the flight a bit to see if I get the blurries.

Edited by duckbilled

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

3 hours ago, duckbilled said:

No Ezdok or Chaseplane for me.

I'm trying to test with the latest instructions of removing selected FSDT airports. Problem is one of those airports is SDF and that is where my test flight originated. I'm trying to find another orgin where the problem exists. I did a flight from MSP to STL - that went fine. I'm trying LGA to MSP right now, but I need to get into the flight a bit to see if I get the blurries.

To me it only happened when departing from a FSDT airport, whether or not the "default jetways" option was restored, so yes, it didn't make a difference. I'm one of those cases that haven't bought Level 2 but was kinda forced to update.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

6 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

To me it only happened when departing from a FSDT airport, whether or not the "default jetways" option was restored, so yes, it didn't make a difference. I'm one of those cases that haven't bought Level 2 but was kinda forced to update.

Which FSDT asirports?

12 hours ago, vin747 said:

note - you need to restart couatl and rebuild the airport cache every time you clean the shaders folder.. an extra 5 mins of wait time before you start flying but totally worth it.. 

The Couatl cache doesn't have any relationship with the shader cache.

If you were referring to the SceneryIndexes folder, then clearing this should automatically trigger the airport cache rebuild anyway.

23 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Which FSDT asirports?

I recall having blurries into the flight (several minutes after departure) when departing from KMEM and KSDF. The first time I noticed it I can't recall where I departed from, it was night time and I noticed some "blurry lights" away and when I approached KMIA at dawn and I really could see the terrain it was totally "molten".

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

The Couatl cache doesn't have any relationship with the shader cache.

If you were referring to the SceneryIndexes folder, then clearing this should automatically trigger the airport cache rebuild anyway.

The reason I mentioned this is because after I completed adding gsx2 jetways for many airports, I found that the jetways went missing for some of them.. Only way I could get them back was to regenerate the airport cache.. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with shader cache, but at times the new jetways do disappear on loading, and you have to rebuild the cache to make them appear.. 

Vinod Kumar