Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

55 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

Not from what I know, but there are quite a few updates they implemented in the 747 and perhaps could still be implemented in future releases, not to mention model and texture upgrades

I feel like PMDG has talked about rolling back features from newer products into older ones forever now and to me, the likelihood of this ever actually happening is like 10%. Maybe when P3D V5 comes out and we have to spend $500 on new licenses they'll add features.

Alex Pugh

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

I feel like PMDG has talked about rolling back features from newer products into older ones forever now and to me, the likelihood of this ever actually happening is like 10%. Maybe when P3D V5 comes out and we have to spend $500 on new licenses they'll add features.

Yes but with the NGX being as old as it is, I think it would help to do more than just implement rainmaker... The vehicles and fan blade windmill effect for example is more than just an update... Think it would make sense to update the entire product....

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

when P3D V5 comes out and we have to spend $500 on new licenses

Why would you have to spend anything on new licenses?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

Yes but with the NGX being as old as it is, I think it would help to do more than just implement rainmaker... The vehicles and fan blade windmill effect for example is more than just an update... Think it would make sense to update the entire product....

I don't see them making major updates to the NGX when NG3 is coming out relatively soon. But I could be wrong!

13 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Why would you have to spend anything on new licenses?

That's just me being cynical... but I can easily imagine a scenario where V5 is different enough that PMDG would charge for new licenses. I love the work they produce but I've been a customer for 15+ years and have seen it all lol.

Alex Pugh

• Like 2

Thing is, it’s better to upgrade to V5 immediately even if PMDG does charge. You’ll have to upgrade eventually, so every product you buy for V4 that you could have bought for V5, and will eventually have to rebuy, is just wasted money.

6 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I don't see them making major updates to the NGX when NG3 is coming out relatively soon. But I could be wrong!

one thing is for sure the 737MAX they will do, and that's something very new!

8 hours ago, Chapstick said:

we have to spend $500 on new licenses they'll add features.

No their P3D license is for all versions... What did cost money was a move from FSX to P3D

• Like 2

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

8 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

one thing is for sure the 737MAX they will do, and that's something very new!

Apart from the hints they've dropped there wasn't anything said about the MAX. Did I miss something?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

31 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Apart from the hints they've dropped there wasn't anything said about the MAX. Did I miss something?

that was no small hint!!

• Like 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

10 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

that was no small hint!!

What hint exactly?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

12 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What hint exactly?

The photo he posted in this thread:

Alex Pugh

Edited by Chapstick
  • Like 2

Is it going to be the MAX or the NG series as well? (ie Scimitar Winglets)

Shane Reilly

Prepar3D & X-Plane 11

737_button.png130_button.png

17 hours ago, spreilly said:

Is it going to be the MAX or the NG series as well? (ie Scimitar Winglets)

It's called NG3, you do the rest of the math. Plus the MAX which does make my mouth water.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 2

in his recent post he mentions the NG3 as their next project aside from the already announced project... It's called NG3 not MAX, but of course it includes the MAX, but not the MAX exlusively

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I expect the NG3 be a new NG, just like the 747v3 Queen of the Sky 2 or whatever it‘s called. And the MAX as an extension like the 747-8.