xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

Now with the shortly released -8 of the Queen of the Skies series, we could start a thread guessing whats next by PMDG.

So. Whats next? 😛 😄

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 minutes ago, xTiMm_ said:

Now with the shortly released -8 of the Queen of the Skies series, we could start a thread guessing whats next by PMDG.

So. Whats next? 😛 😄

They already announced quite a while ago.

The two known projects coming are :

• the Global Flight Operations.
  • The NG3 project so a new 737 version, with teasing about the MAX being part of this project (but not really officially announced)
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, xTiMm_ said:

So. Whats next? 😛 😄

They have already said and hinted on what is next and what is being updated. 

LOL, its the same pattern of threads every time, like clockwork. The way it has always been.

• Like 2

Why not a type of aicraft which has not been done properly like the Airbus a350 ? Or has it have to be an American build aicraft?

I wish you all happy flights,,,:)

John Folkeringa

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Johnfol said:

Why not a type of aicraft which has not been done properly like the Airbus a350 ? Or has it have to be an American build aicraft?

I wish you all happy flights,,,:)

John Folkeringa

I don't think it has to be American, the main thing is bobviously with all these years they have strong links with Boeing, they obviously got a lot of the data they need out of them so I'm not surprised they are still doing Boeings it's logical. Also the Boeing way of doing things is different from the way Airbus is doing things they have different philosophy, so it's probably "easier" to use their current framework and knoledge in another Boeing aircraft than with another aircraft which can do things very differently.

An updated 777 with Rainmaker, smoother animations and EFB would be superb. Although, it's pretty amazing - even after all this time.

I think the Wood Pigeon is the next to get the Rainmaker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

An updated 777 with Rainmaker, smoother animations and EFB would be superb. Although, it's pretty amazing - even after all this time.

Already coming 

• Like 1

Is there any word about shared cockpit functionality - at any point ?

As much fun as they are to fly on your own, these aircraft are prime candidates for a shared experience.

Personally my biggest wish would be the C-130 Hercules.
I know that's not gonna happen but man wouldn't that be something?
A rugged, heavy, sturdy, powerfull beast of a magnificient flying machine.....and that sound!!!

737 MAX, which has been hinted and hinted.

Then somewhere along the lines an update to the 777 with EFB and RainMaker would be awesome.

Then the obvious candidate after that would be the 787 since it uses technology from the 747-8 (think airport ND maps, EFB), and the MAX (think of those large LCD, HGS) 🙂

But I’ll be patiently waiting in my 747-8 either way.

Regards,

Chen Chen 

NZAA

Would love a NGX reboot with all the Acar features etc updated fmc

• Like 2

They need to finish porting the Jetstream 41 to P3D first.

There was a post earlier this year that the J41 project was under review as it appeared it was going to require more time and resources than originally thought to make it 64-bit compatible.  Reading through these threads today it seems some folks want the existing stuff updated to the new standards, and at the same time the other group want their favorite planes added to the existing PMDG fleet.  Some folks seem to want both.  But in reality resources are finite and a balance between the two has to be achieved. 

Being a business in business to be profitable, there is only so much time that can be spent constantly upgrading the older stuff without charging for it. 

I'm of the mindset that I'd rather see new planes get developed with the new technology and pushing the boundaries rather than patching up the old stuff....which doing so would take away their time from moving on to the next big project.  I mostly feel this way because the old stuff still beats anything else out there, and not having raindrops on windshields and smoother animations are not going to kill the actual flight experience by much.

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

I'll respectfully disagree in regards to the Jetstream 41 taking time and money away from PMDG's next big project for several reasons. Firstly, it has been shown by beta testers as performing complete flights in 64 bit so it would seem most of the work is already complete. Secondly, it is a minimum work port with no new features added. Thirdly, I am sure PMDG will charge for it as they charge for every P3D licence separately to FSX. And finally, there are no "study level" aircraft for P3D in the 19-50 seat class.

As regards updating their other products already in P3Dv4 i do take your point that patching them up with some nice eye candy is not essential.

Actually, you make an excellent point as I wasn't thinking of the J41 specifically as an old aircraft update that would take away resources even though it came out that way in my post (now that I re-read it) I was actually thinking of the more of the modern updates that the -8 is getting being applied to the 777 (which I don't have, so you see the bias) - you see I *am* actually hoping they come out with a new version of the PMDG J41 airplane for 2 entirely selfish reasons - 1) I didn't get in on buying the original J41 and would love to have it in Prepar3D, and 2) yes, something from PMDG that can land at smaller airports would be a blessing because I'm jonesing to buy some of the slightly smaller beautiful ORBX airports.  Wasn't considering the J41 a revisit in my post but more as a new plane for Prepar3D, which is my bad for not making that clear.

I strive for clarity in my posts but failed on that one.  But, it's been a rough day today (long story) and I need to just give up and pack it in for the evening.

Mark Trainer

• Like 1

My hopes:

1 - OMG gives us the J41 for frack's sake. It was almost exactly a year ago it went into "beta"
2 - DC 3 
3 - 787 yet?

Well, GFO and NG3 are I n the works. Plus, they probably are also concurrently working on updating the existing 777 product line as well. But if you’re talking about projects besides these...I’d say another plane is a good bet 😛

Well, I've heard that the next PMDG product will be the beautiful and powerful Airbus A-350.  That will be amazing.  

:ph34r: