Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

Recommended Posts

Well, I do like the Quality Wings version of this plane, but it does not retain the full panel state after a manual save, and the autopilot is rather "flimsy" at best. Those two issues would need to be rectified for me to consider purchasing the P3D v4 version.


Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, downscc said:

Thank you very much... I've spent way too much time trying to follow a specific SWA bird using FlightAware.  My first one to crack was KMAF KDAL KLAS KRNO and if you can keep up and do three segments in one day on a simulator my hat is off to you.  Unfortunately, my home base KCRP only has SWA service to KHOU and that bird usually goes off to KLIT, with very little variation.  KCRP is so far out of the way that we are the only destination in the SWA network without a direct flight to KLAS... so if you want to fly anywhere on a SWA bird start in Vegas.

I don’t often try to do it in one day (though I have). I usually spread it out over a couple of sim sessions. Southwest must be the masters of the quick turn, because they seem to get in and out very quickly at each stop! 


Jim Barrett

Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic, Avionics, Electrical & Air Data Systems Specialist. Qualified on: Falcon 900, CRJ-200, Dornier 328-100, Hawker 850XP and 1000, Lear 35, 45, 55 and 60, Gulfstream IV and 550, Embraer 135, Beech Premiere and 400A, MD-80.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Well, I do like the Quality Wings version of this plane, but it does not retain the full panel state after a manual save, and the autopilot is rather "flimsy" at best. Those two issues would need to be rectified for me to consider purchasing the P3D v4 version.

I think you might have hit on something there. Automation. I enjoy the planning and programming that goes into setting up a long haul, but I find the bit between engaging AP and pause at TOD to be a bit, well, un-stimulating? However, flying something like a JS-41 or an ATR-72, aircraft with no auto-throttle forcing the pilot to manage energy at all phases of flight, doing a bunch of 30 to 60 minute hops with 10 to 30 minute turnarounds, flying in the weather instead of above it and having actively manage the navigation rather then just rely on GPS as most of the airports involved wouldn't have landing aids, and many wouldn't even have on-site navigation aids. Sorry PMDG, as beautiful and as tempting as the QotS II is, I think it is time I put in a few hours going back to basics.

  • Like 1

Paul Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Paul_Smith said:

I think you might have hit on something there. Automation. I enjoy the planning and programming that goes into setting up a long haul, but I find the bit between engaging AP and pause at TOD to be a bit, well, un-stimulating? However, flying something like a JS-41 or an ATR-72, aircraft with no auto-throttle forcing the pilot to manage energy at all phases of flight, doing a bunch of 30 to 60 minute hops with 10 to 30 minute turnarounds, flying in the weather instead of above it and having actively manage the navigation rather then just rely on GPS as most of the airports involved wouldn't have landing aids, and many wouldn't even have on-site navigation aids. Sorry PMDG, as beautiful and as tempting as the QotS II is, I think it is time I put in a few hours going back to basics.

I mean, technically, you COULD do this in the 747-400 and the 747-8 if you so desired. I do it all the time. Last month, I flew JFK-IAD-EWR-BOS-JFK in the Boeing 747-400 with no use of the autopilot whatsoever.

  • Like 1

Captain Kevin

8e9bfe368edaef204bfa6a1373fc6422.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Share this post


Link to post

Agreed Captain Kevin, I do this sometimes too.  It's a great way to learn the true feel of the airplane, and can even be quite rewarding.  I'm also an old school fan of using VOR to VOR station navigation.  And even if I'm using full automation on the 747 my hops are usually 1 to 2 hours, no more.   That way you get to experience the busiest aspects of the flight, the take offs and landings.

Mark Trainer

 

  • Like 1

Mark Trainer

 

Share this post


Link to post

Global operations, J41 and NGX 3 are confirmed.

I think that after NGX 3 they will release 787. It makes sense because they will have already developed lot of features from NGX 3 that can be used in 787 like displays system, EFB...

  • Like 1

Petr Stepanek

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, petic537 said:

Global operations, J41 and NGX 3 are confirmed.

I think that after NGX 3 they will release 787. It makes sense because they will have already developed lot of features from NGX 3 that can be used in 787 like displays system, EFB...

NG3 has not been linked to a max variant. They only said an updated 737 which can still mean the ng series but only with added scimitar winglets and new systems update.


Koen Meier

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, petic537 said:

Global operations, J41 and NGX 3 are confirmed.

I think that after NGX 3 they will release 787. It makes sense because they will have already developed lot of features from NGX 3 that can be used in 787 like displays system, EFB...

Can't think of anything more boring than ANOTHER 787. Yawn.

So much more interesting stuff to develop, QW already has a very very good 787, i wouldn't buy another for sure, even if it's PMDG.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz · 16GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15 · nVidia GTX1080Ti · Gigabyte x570i WiFi PRO · Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA · BenQ Designer PD3200Q VA 32" QHD · NZXT H210i · Fully Watercooled · Seasonic Core 650W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ph-cxz said:

NG3 has not been linked to a max variant. They only said an updated 737 which can still mean the ng series but only with added scimitar winglets and new systems update.

There were subtle hints at a MAX though.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Prepar3D v5 | PMDG 737NGXu | FSLabs A320/A321 | www.united-virtual.com | www.deltava.org | ASUS Maximus XI Code Z390 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 MSI Lightning Z | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB | Samsung 43'' 4K curved TV | HP Reverb 2 VR HMD | Agronn 737 Captain's Yoke | VKB Gladiator NXT Stick | FSC 737 Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, threegreen said:

There were subtle hints at a MAX though.

Quote

ph-cxz said NG3 has not been linked to a max variant. They only said an updated 737 which can still mean the ng series but only with added scimitar winglets and new systems update.

 

They announced that they will put the airport map display to the upcoming NG3, and the NG family doesn't have that technology (based on my knowledge and the one of fselite.net), so it would suggest the MAX... But yes also the NG series does have in real life the update for the winglets, but the interior of the cockpit doesn't have the same technologie, as the displays are different.

But right now they don't have time to work for that I believe, since they are working a lot these days for the JS41 for p3dv4, NG3, GFO, troubleshooting and SP1 for 748, update the rainmaker to 744, update the EFB for 777... They have 6 projects/works to do right now, so I think we will be well enough until the end of 2018. But everything is possible for 2019. 

Also, the next doesn't need to be a Boeing. They made a Douglas DC-6, a MD-11, JS41, so maybe a Cseries (now A220) or Embraer Jets... don't really know I found this article

https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-progress-upate-21-12-2017-possible-new-aircraft-announcement/

So the 748 is done...

Edited by commandantyuuki
Accuracy and quotes

Yuuki I.

y4mWMMWmFe9L5soo-4O1cxn1afhagVxRFJWvhDzE

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Global operations, J41 and NGX 3 are confirmed.

 

I wouldn't bet on the J-41 coming to P3D anymore.. It probably wouldn't be a financial successor, more a little bit of extra money.. And if I recall correctly its conversation to P3D was dependent on requiring minimum effort. But the turboprop engine isn't done with 3 mouse clicks, there's much more work required to build it for P3Dv4. So since it hasn't been released until now even though Rainmaker has been introduced with the 748 for two (?) months now I highly doubt we will get it at any time soon.. And as soon as GFO will have been released Kyle (and maybe someone else) will have just enough work to trace issues, build in customer requests, improve it further... I don't see the J41 during that time. 

  • Like 1

,

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

I wouldn't bet on the J-41 coming to P3D anymore.. It probably wouldn't be a financial successor, more a little bit of extra money.. And if I recall correctly its conversation to P3D was dependent on requiring minimum effort. But the turboprop engine isn't done with 3 mouse clicks, there's much more work required to build it for P3Dv4. So since it hasn't been released until now even though Rainmaker has been introduced with the 748 for two (?) months now I highly doubt we will get it at any time soon.. And as soon as GFO will have been released Kyle (and maybe someone else) will have just enough work to trace issues, build in customer requests, improve it further... I don't see the J41 during that time. 

Well we know they are working on that right now. There is a market for the planes. There are the Long Haul, Medium haul and short haul, and if you wish to do a career mode with Air Hauler 2 or stuff like that, the J41 is perfect for this. As for the engines, they already done the DC6, that is an excellent aircraft. I would personnaly buy the J41 since I miss some good short haul addons, other than the Dash 8 from Majestic. 

Also, they are working for the updates for 777 (EFB for sure, possibilities for head shaking and rainmaker), add that also the 744, but they are working on their new project (announced a while ago) for the NG3. 

Recap : New projects : GFO and NG3

Updates : J41, 744, 748, 777

 

Yuuki


Yuuki I.

y4mWMMWmFe9L5soo-4O1cxn1afhagVxRFJWvhDzE

Share this post


Link to post

It would be a great shame if the Jetstream 41 did not make it to P3D, after it seemingly came so close at the end of last year.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,860.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...