Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

3 hours ago, HighFlier said:

I believe a few developers are leaving FSX behind. Even with PMDG you see v4 only features due to 32-bit limitations. We of course don’t know what PMDG plans to do in the future, but I wouldn’t be surprised if NG3 is their last product for FSX.

I would even let down NG3 for FSX since I want more feature, It will cost high for not the same product at the end, so If I was a FSX user, I would have switch in the start because it is now the new "regulation" now for all games. I would stop to work for a sim where it is dying and even more dying than FS2004...

Yuuki

I miss the J41; there's plenty of heavy iron for P3Dv4 but there's really only the Q400 for a quality regional turboprop, and the J41 is half that size so it has a market segment almost entirely to itself, even if it isn't that big a segment.

Very frustrating as it's seemingly so close with beta screenshots and videos showing much functionality posted nearly 12 months ago, but it seems to have been denied the last bit of development time needed to get it over the line and is now left languishing in limbo. There was a long radio silence until downssc's quoted October post above that just said they'd had some issues with the geared turboprop simulation and then other products took priority.

QW146 showed how much excitement a simple port can generate so there is definitely interest and a return on investment to be had.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

7 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I miss the J41; there's plenty of heavy iron for P3Dv4 but there's really only the Q400 for a quality regional turboprop, and the J41 is half that size so it has a market segment almost entirely to itself, even if it isn't that big a segment.

Very frustrating as it's seemingly so close with beta screenshots and videos showing much functionality posted nearly 12 months ago, but it seems to have been denied the last bit of development time needed to get it over the line and is now left languishing in limbo. There was a long radio silence until downssc's quoted October post above that just said they'd had some issues with the geared turboprop simulation and then other products took priority.

It'll soon be out, I think... I think right now they change the code for the new P3DV4.4 code... Anyway I would prefer a finish product instead of a product released too early with many bugs

Edited by commandantyuuki

Yuuki

Hello, would it be possible for you to create software for the 737 ngx as well as for the 777 to have the Cpt ND, Cpt PFD, Cpt CDU, Cpt Clock, EICAS, MFD, Fo CDU, Fo Clock, Fo ND, Fo PFD, Overhead panel, MCP plus security screens on a remote computer. On my home cockpit when I activate the screens I have a loss in Fps on the outside view. When I look at the huge price of avionics known in the world of simulation, I tell myself that you have an opportunity to find a market
Greetings.

Dominique

France

Dominique un Français 

Citation

On 11/29/2018 at 9:29 PM, HighFlier said:

I believe a few developers are leaving FSX behind. Even with PMDG you see v4 only features due to 32-bit limitations. We of course don’t know what PMDG plans to do in the future, but I wouldn’t be surprised if NG3 is their last product for FSX.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the upcoming NG3 wouldn't be developed for the legacy 32-bit platforms.

But we'll see... so far, nothing's been confirmed nor denied.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I wouldn't be surprised, if the upcoming NG3 wouldn't be developed for the legacy 32-bit platforms.

But we'll see... so far, nothing's been confirmed nor denied.

It would not surprise me if it's P3D 64bit and XP only. There the two platforms of today and moving forward not 32bit. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

It would not surprise me if it's P3D 64bit and XP only. There the two platforms of today and moving forward not 32bit. 

Yes. Of course... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hey guys

The long promised B777-200ER would be nice. Especially before she becomes a complete classic oldtimer and disappeared on most airlines. Also, it would be great to have a B777 that you can not fly with full payload around the complete world whithout a fuel stop. But that's just my opinion.

Best regards
Mario Murhofer

I just want the NG 600-900ER + the MAX 7 8 9 AND 10. 

I doubt PMDG would do all of those models but I can dream....super excites about the NG3 whatever it may be. 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It would be kind of neat if they went 90 degrees sideways and chose to pour their detailed programming into something simple but incredibly well done, like a simple single engine prop plane.  Not having to model the complex interactions on today's modern airliners....I bet they could crank the project out pretty quickly.

Or a study-level helicopter w/ realistic physics...I'm down with that.

Mark Trainer

18 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

Helicopters would kinda be very fun to fly

Helicopters do not fly, they beat the air into submission.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Off topic but the best Helicopter I've flown in a sim is the Huey in DCS, also the "stick" in a heli does not self-centre like a joystick, they even had a way to make that work. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

But what it will have more fun to "however you call it that is a synonym of flying for this type 🙂" would be an ornithopter... There's the Otto Lilienthal's prototype that is a very great...

Yuuki

I've always been kinda sceptical towards PMDG pricing, but TBH, i'd pay a LOT for the 767. We have'nt seen a proper recreation of it in ages! And it has TONS of variants as well:

-200(F&BCF+ER)

-300(F+ER)

-400(ER)

Thus having all engine options the QOTSII has, so it would allow same sounds and minimal work on engine power scripts(GE CF6,RR211,PW4000),and more options for the flightdeck (including the appealing new avionics made by RC).There still are some of those flying around the world as PAX and more and more will be converted for freighter.

IMO it's one of the best possible projects, since I think PMDG owns some of LD sim and there were so many variants this product could easely follow their internal pricing policy.

Also, why don't they organise a survey about what do WE want? They could know exactly what people would expect from them.