Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

20 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Like regional Jets?

Or maybe a good 767 or MD-11?:blush:

8 hours ago, LH340fan said:

Or maybe a good 767 or MD-11?:blush:

Well, the LDS 757 and 767 should be ready for v4 about the same time our kids get into simming 😎

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

13 hours ago, sddjd said:

Well, the LDS 757 and 767 should be ready for v4 about the same time our kids get into simming 😎

Well said haha. I'm 16 so yeah those might be in a museum by then...

Is it me or LD is dead? Haven't heard of them for like 3/4 years? Not judging but I don't know where their stuff is going. Sad.

@LH340fan By all accounts the new Captain Sim 757 for P3Dv4 is very good and being keen to cash in no doubt they'll use it as the base of a 767 soon. Couple that with Aerosoft's in-development A330/A340 and I think modern widebody stuff is pretty well covered.

This comes back to my earlier point:

On 3/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, ckyliu said:

development time and cost saved could be used to produce something new that we don't already have, instead of covering the same old ground in much the same manner.

@Adrian123 Regional jets is more along the lines of what I said. E-jets in particular are commonplace but Wilco/FeelThere version is very lacklustre and out of date. Or perhaps the CSeries/A220?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 hours ago, LH340fan said:

Well said haha. I'm 16 so yeah those might be in a museum by then...

Is it me or LD is dead? Haven't heard of them for like 3/4 years? Not judging but I don't know where their stuff is going. Sad.

Level-D is still out there inasmuch as they're selling the 763 for FSX and P3d v3 and providing support via their forums. They announced their 757 entering beta in June of 2017, that coming twelve years after announcing they were making the plane. 

Their position with their own registered forum users is somewhat passive aggressive, with a general position of "it's coming, stop asking" prevailing. The most recent post had a somewhat confusing series of references to other developers waging an "all-out assault on price point", the 767's origins as a freeware panel, and that the (767's) developers "do what they want, when they want". 

So, notwithstanding all evidence to the contrary besides almost trolling its customer base, Level-D isn't dead. 👍

• Like 1

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

On 3/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, ckyliu said:

The NG3 being a mostly clean sheet replacement of the NGX is completely unnecessary, it's not the like the NGX isn't still cutting edge, all it needs is a few extra graphical tidbits adding and the MAX versions which could be done as an expansion pack.

I wouldn't be so sure about that... The NGX is inherently compromised because it is developed for FSX, on a pure 32bit platform. It's not as easy as recompiling or even doing a few changes. My guess is that 60-80% of the code would need to be touched in one way or another. Sometimes it's easier to rebuild than to renovate.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cristi Neagu

But it's already ported to P3Dv4 with no ill effects? 

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

8 hours ago, ckyliu said:

But it's already ported to P3Dv4 with no ill effects? 

True, but it's also not taking advantage of anything a 64 bit platform offers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The only sure thing we know they are already working on it but you will have to wait till it`s ready 😎

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

You think about graphics on the PMDG needing updates. I think that's useless. We're on a super old version of the FMC and AFDS and, if anything, that's the main thing that PMDG need to start working on. Even the 777 and the 747 have outdated softwares that no real world airline is using right now.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

32 minutes ago, Flexman said:

You think about graphics on the PMDG needing updates. I think that's useless. We're on a super old version of the FMC and AFDS and, if anything, that's the main thing that PMDG need to start working on. Even the 777 and the 747 have outdated softwares that no real world airline is using right now.

Yearh... how do one sleep at night...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Md11 for P3D please.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Boomer said:

Md11 for P3D please.

again, one bird we miss a lot, specially when you see the offerings for the same platform. THAT and a 767 are what WE need. Not a fancy nichy-like aircraft. No pun intended

• Upvote 1

764 for P3Dv4 please...

spacer.png