Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[22SEP18] PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II Released

Anyone has an answer yet?
So much for a Saturday release. Always the same:

oooh a lot of server requests who would have guessed.....

• Upvote 2

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Hello,

suddenly the operation center was updated and now both versions are working!

Best regards

phecht 

8 minutes ago, Jason_Peters said:

The price increase reflects the current state of development for each product...

FSX as a platform is stable, and will not be further updated.  Thus, PMDG knows exactly where the development boundaries are.

P3D on the other hand is still actively being developed and updated. PMDG consistently works to take advantage of those new developments, which means the product needs to be constantly updated.  You want to work with the latest and greatest FS environment? You pay the latest and greatest price... it is what it is.

Most of this comes down to licensing cost, not future developments.

Those future development efforts you are talking about are maybe taking up 5$ of the 20$.

Robert stated that during the transition phase to P3D.

I am not even blaming PMDG!

They develop exceptional aircraft and are a one of a kind developer.

This is just Lockheed Martin‘s pure greed.

Marc

Just now, LH1711 said:

Most of this comes down to licensing cost, not future developments.

Those future development efforts you are talking about are maybe taking up 5$ of the 20$.

Robert stated that during the transition phase to P3D.

I am not even blaming PMDG!

They develop exceptional aircraft and are a one of a kind developer.

This is just Lockheed Martin‘s pure greed.

Marc

Meh, bottom line is the same.  You want to enjoy the hobby in the latest and greatest sim environment, you pay for that. Both in the cost of the P3D software, and any add-on software.  As the old saying goes... you pay to play.

5 minutes ago, 30K said:

oooh a lot of server requests who would have guessed.....

*looks at the clock*

Still Saturday here...so, not sure what you're on about...

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

7 minutes ago, 30K said:

Would like to have some kind of answer, but I'm sure that they are working on it.

Still Saturday here in Chicago...for another 7+ hours, and I have the -8 up and running.

Mark

Edited by mtrainer
Replaced 6 hours with 7 to reflect reality

2 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Still Saturday here in Chicago...for another 6+ hours, and I have the -8 up and running.

Mark

I believe there must be a large bunch, like myself, that paid their money, but didn't get anything for it yet.

It's hard to have it up and running, when you don't have it at all. 😯

NOTAM/REMINDER:

Official support NEEDS to go through the official support channel (support.precisionmanuals.com) in order to get support for order issues, activation issues, and so on. This forum is technically here for user-to-user support, and does not offer the individual approach, and tracked approach that is necessary to support you all.

Please head over there if you're having issues.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, signmanbob said:

I believe there must be a large bunch, like myself, that paid their money, but didn't get anything for it yet.

Could have likely had it running already if you had gone to the official support page. See the post above this one, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm in the same boat as you.

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

NOTAM/REMINDER:

Official support NEEDS to go through the official support channel (support.precisionmanuals.com) in order to get support for order issues, activation issues, and so on. This forum is technically here for user-to-user support, and does not offer the individual approach, and tracked approach that is necessary to support you all.

Ticket open for 1 hour, no reply so far. I understand it is hard to handle all the load, but it is disappointing for customers anyway. 😞

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

NOTAM/REMINDER:

Already did this a while ago.  Should I make another ticket?

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Could have likely had it running already if you had gone to the official support page. See the post above this one, please.

I'll go ahead and make a 2nd ticket.  Maybe you had so many requests that you might have missed mine.

I'll go ahead and make a 2nd ticket.  Maybe you had so many requests that you might have missed mine.

Don't dupe, please. What is the ticket number?

Kyle Rodgers