Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Eaglesoft back on the scene

Eaglesoft has emerged from relative hibernation with what appears to be an updated (FSX, SE P3Dv3) version of their Cirrus SR22. I had quite a few of their aircraft back in FS9 and their quality was certainly above the average of what was available in those days. It looks good on the screenshots, seems to have good specs and comes with the option of F1 GTN integration. Surprisingly, Eaglesoft don’t seem to be developing their aircraft for P3Dv4 but perhaps a version for this platform will appear in due course, particularly as the competing Carenado version has installers for both. Although I still run FSX, with a view to future-proofing I now only tend to buy addons that will also run on P3Dv4. 

Bill

• Like 1

Hi Bill,

LOL - any stirring of life welcome - but I really think P3Dv3 misses the mark...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

Eaglesoft has emerged from relative hibernation with what appears to be an updated (..... P3Dv3) version of their Cirrus SR22

Not sure what that's all about.

They emerged from hibernation, like Punxatawney Phil the groundhog checking to see his shadow.  The P3Dv3 version cast no shadow, as that corner of the hangar is dark now, so there will be 6 more years of winter until their first v4 product line emerges.

Just because it's three years too late doesn't mean it's not progress😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I've been waiting for the modernization of the Citation X for three years, or was it four? I was told it was coming....coming....coming..... Now with the FlySimWare Falcon on the near horizon, I'm afraid the Citation X will not have my attention any longer.

• Upvote 2

On 9/28/2018 at 8:17 AM, Wink207 said:

I've been waiting for the modernization of the Citation X for three years, or was it four? I was told it was coming....coming....coming..... Now with the FlySimWare Falcon on the near horizon, I'm afraid the Citation X will not have my attention any longer.

Maybe the Flysimware but they will need to upgrade their texturing to gain my interest. They don't seem to have changed from FS9. It is a shame as the aircraft fly very well.

Cheers

Steve Hall

40 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

Maybe the Flysimware but they will need to upgrade their texturing to gain my interest. They don't seem to have changed from FS9. It is a shame as the aircraft fly very well.

Hi Folks,

While I'll stipulate Flysimware Lear is not on par with Carenado modeling - it's really not bad... In fact with their latest releases - the panel was upgraded with some user texture improvements and it's considerably better than it was upon initial release...

That said - as long as a model and textures are decent - I'll take substance over flash any day... I've been flying the Flysimware Lear for years and still thoroughly appreciate every flight...  It's just a hoot to fly... I'll be buying the Flysimware Falcon for the attention to detail and unsurpassed customer support...

Regards,
Scott 

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks Scott. I don't have the Lear but it is good to know that they have upped their game with textures. It is mainly the grainy VC textures that I have an issue with.

• Like 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

8 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

While I'll stipulate Flysimware Lear is not on par with Carenado modeling - it's really not bad... In fact with their latest releases - the panel was upgraded with some user texture improvements and it's considerably better than it was upon initial release...

That said - as long as a model and textures are decent - I'll take substance over flash any day... I've been flying the Flysimware Lear for years and still thoroughly appreciate every flight...  It's just a hoot to fly... I'll be buying the Flysimware Falcon for the attention to detail and unsurpassed customer support...

Regards,
Scott 

Absolutely agree with those sentiments Scott! Their Learjet is great and it is one of my ‘go to’ business jets but another great product of theirs and one that is often overlooked when the credits are being given out is the Mu-2B. This aircraft is a bit of a hot rod and, although a little quirky, it is one of my favourite light turboprops to fly. Although the product does not quite hit the eye-candy level of Carenado visuals, it is nevertheless still really good and, like the Lear, its systems are very well modelled. I always feel that to be totally immersive, an addon aircraft needs an optimal balance of visual modelling, systems modelling, flight dynamics and sounds and these Flysimware aircraft seem to achieve this.

I didn’t know they had a Falcon under development and that is great news! I’m hoping it is one of the earlier Falcons such as the Falcon 20 but whatever version they produce, my experience with their Learjet means that I will be an early customer.

Bill

• Like 1

I am a fan of Flysimware's stuff, and in terms of engine modeling I especially rate them. I prefer their LearJet to others out there because of that among other things, but they really could do with upping their game a bit in terms of visuals. A case in point would be a comparison of their C441 Conquest II in contrast to the Alabeo (Carenado) C441. These are essentially the same aircraft, albeit with slightly different panels since they are not based on the exact same aircraft.

There is little doubt that the Flysimware one is the superior version when it comes to engine modeling and such, and it is the one I prefer to fly (I have them both for P3D). The Alabeo version is definitely the 'looker' out of the two, but in Alabeo's favour, whilst they and by definition Carenado too, come in for some criticism for their Avionics, at least they do put some Garmin and Avidyne avionics on their panel, even if these are little more than simplified reskins of default avionics, rather than just leaving it with a non functional dummy in situ that you have to replace with a third party fitment. You can of course swap out the Alabeo ones too if you like, or leave them there if you are okay with the ones it comes with, but unless you want the Flysimware one to look like it is going for some kind of MEL deferment world record, you actually do have to put something in there to prevent the panel looking like you've had some kind of circuit-breaker meltdown.

I think that's a bit like going to buy a car and them saying 'yeah, that circular hole in the dashboard with the wires hanging out is where you can put a rev counter if you like...'

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here