Sign in to follow this  
r_stopnicki

"SEATBELTS OFF" message always stays on (747-8)

20 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

The switch on the pedestal is in Auto right now.

If I turn it to off I still have the SEATBELTS OFF message.

If I turn it to on I have both as:

SEATBELTS OFF

SEATBELTS ON

K. Delete all of those panel states and set a few up on your own. That will solve the issue.

Kyle Rodgers

12 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

K. Delete all of those panel states and set a few up on your own. That will solve the issue.

Thanks Kyle

i will have to do this after I land then.

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Kyle, just to be sure.  Do I delete ALL the files listed in the PanelState folder?

There’s a bunch of them.

Jack Sawyer

9 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Kyle, just to be sure.  Do I delete ALL the files listed in the PanelState folder?

There’s a bunch of them.

Yep.

Kyle Rodgers

7 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yep.

Does this mean I’ll have to re-setup all those pages in the CDU for various settings?  It’s no big deal because I have them all typed out, I just want to know if affects them also.

Thanks 

Jack Sawyer

So Kyle, I deleted them all and now I no longer have panel states, so how do I set up the plane for Short Turn, Long Turn, C&D and all that?  Is there anywhere in the manual where it can tell me the exact switchology so I can then save these states?

Thanks 

Jack Sawyer

39 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

So Kyle, I deleted them all and now I no longer have panel states, so how do I set up the plane for Short Turn, Long Turn, C&D and all that?  Is there anywhere in the manual where it can tell me the exact switchology so I can then save these states?

Thanks 

Load the airplane, normally this is with the default state where engines are running, etc., and then configure the airplane the way you want it.  I only use three for the B737 and the first one you would set up is APU, then GAP (ground air and power) and finally CD (cold and dark).  Since we routinely delete all panel states during builds in early testing I've gotten my time to do this chore down to less than 10 min.  It's no biggy.

There is no exact switchology, set it the way you want it.  Normally the stuff would be configured for secured (CD), at the gate for turnaround (GAP) and finally loaded and ready to push back and engine start (APU).  I don't believe in the use of short vs long turn in the B737.

The three states I use correspond to check list flows that you can use to check your switches, but you've been around long enough you probably know the check lists by heart.

EDIT:  I just noticed I'm in the 747 section... well the same applies unless you also want to add service vehicles.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

10 minutes ago, downscc said:

Load the airplane, normally this is with the default state where engines are running, etc., and then configure the airplane the way you want it.  I only use three for the B737 and the first one you would set up is APU, then GAP (ground air and power) and finally CD (cold and dark).  Since we routinely delete all panel states during builds in early testing I've gotten my time to do this chore down to less than 10 min.  It's no biggy.

There is no exact switchology, set it the way you want it.  Normally the stuff would be configured for secured (CD), at the gate for turnaround (GAP) and finally loaded and ready to push back and engine start (APU).  I don't believe in the use of short vs long turn in the B737.

The three states I use correspond to check list flows that you can use to check your switches, but you've been around long enough you probably know the check lists by heart.

EDIT:  I just noticed I'm in the 747 section... well the same applies unless you also want to add service vehicles.

Thanks 

Yes, I would like vehicles.  I didn’t know updates created this but this is odd because I had no old saved states as ALL of this is a new install after a huge PC crash.  

So how do I add service vehicles and I very much appreciate your replies considering it’s New Years Eve.

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks 

Yes, I would like vehicles.  I didn’t know updates created this but this is odd because I had no old saved states as ALL of this is a new install after a huge PC crash.  

So how do I add service vehicles and I very much appreciate your replies considering it’s New Years Eve.

I don't understand the question.  Service vehicles are available in the 744/748 via PMDG menu.  Much as you may save a panel state with a door open or APU running, the panel state will also remember the status of the service vehicles.  As an example, you can set up a GAPSV (ground air and power with service vehicles) with the airplane in a "at the gate unloaded before loading) state where you are on ground air power, main entry open, cleaning, fuel and baggage service vehicles attached.  Now when you start a session and load the GAPSV panel, you are ready to add fuel, payload and start your  preflight.  During preflight release fuel and cleaning crew, call for galley trucks and get close to your OUT time.  Just do it the way you want to, there's no tricks to this.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

46 minutes ago, downscc said:

I don't understand the question.  Service vehicles are available in the 744/748 via PMDG menu.  Much as you may save a panel state with a door open or APU running, the panel state will also remember the status of the service vehicles.  As an example, you can set up a GAPSV (ground air and power with service vehicles) with the airplane in a "at the gate unloaded before loading) state where you are on ground air power, main entry open, cleaning, fuel and baggage service vehicles attached.  Now when you start a session and load the GAPSV panel, you are ready to add fuel, payload and start your  preflight.  During preflight release fuel and cleaning crew, call for galley trucks and get close to your OUT time.  Just do it the way you want to, there's no tricks to this.

Thanks Dan, I understand and sorry if it seemed confusing 

Jack Sawyer