Sign in to follow this  
FDEdev

New FDE exclusively for P3D available

On 10/8/2018 at 10:26 PM, FDEdev said:

changelog

1. Redesigned lift/drag model for more precise lift/drag distribution between flaps, gear, propeller and basic aircraft.  This results in realistic (higher) drag during full flap approaches. (nice when landing e.g. at St.Barth).   

2. Slightly adjusted stall speeds. (works perfect with Bert Piekes Fast/Slow AoA mod)

3. New, sophisticated flap design.

4. Slow and smooth spool up during engine start, with no RPM overshoot and no torque spikes. (that's why it is for P3D only)

5. Viewpoint has been adjusted to a realistic position (better view over the nose)

6. A few other, only animation related items.

Update provided by the original FDE designer.

https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/pc12-hd-series-fsx-p3d/#tab-optional-patch

Nice to see you back Mr!  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:25 AM, Flieger-Marius said:

Wait, THAT's a Cessna?!  🤨

Still under development but that is Cessna's Denali and has very similar performance as the PC-12, but uses the GE Turboprop instead of the PT6A-67P. There competing in the same market space it looks like from preliminary specs.

Anyone got the cfg entry that will allow th MilViz WXR to replace the Avidyne in this new package?

PS: I am loving the results of this new flight model. This plane will actually come to a stop without brakes so long as you go to idle. And It feels more like there's a prop hanging out there that is producing real drag. I am quite impressed!

9 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Anyone got the cfg entry that will allow th MilViz WXR to replace the Avidyne in this new package?

PS: I am loving the results of this new flight model. This plane will actually come to a stop without brakes so long as you go to idle. And It feels more like there's a prop hanging out there that is producing real drag. I am quite impressed!

Hi Scott,

Yeah - LOL - hate their default Avadyne gauge - I replace it whenever I can...

OBTW: Everyone aware that TSS is making a sound package for this bird ? Must buy in my book...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 10/30/2018 at 1:04 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Scott,

You ain’t kidd’n - looks like Cessna went to their engineers and said “design me a PC-12” - LOL - seems like they cheated...

Cessna_Denali.png

Regards,

Scott

https://cessna.txtav.com/en/turboprop/denali

Quote: "Not derived from any existing aircraft.."  :wink:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

We had our company Caravan at the Textron booth at OSH 2018 and got to spend some time in the Denali mockup they had at the show. It's a really nice looking airplane; Great cabin and FADEC with a GE engine (with 3D-printed parts - wild, I know!). The G3000 cockpit had the look and feel of the CJ-series but with a single thrust lever. Lots of parallels to the PC-12 which were obvious but they're also forging their own path, too, I'd say. I'm anxious to see how it does for them.

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

OK so I know I'm very late to this party but was wondering where I could find all the must have mods for this aircraft?

In general I don't fly many GA aircraft and find Carenado's to be excellent eye-candy but not much else.

So I'm thinking that these mods will transform this into a really nice and fun to fly addition to my hangar.

Also while I'm at it, Is it worth spending the cash on the F1 GTN Complete 650/750 add-on?

thank you

19 minutes ago, cptrobie said:

Also while I'm at it, Is it worth spending the cash on the F1 GTN Complete 650/750 add-on?

If you are considering this purchase, also look at the Reality XP GTN 750 which IMHO is a better supported product.. and which I have installed in my PC12.

Bert

Bert,

Thank you for the info!

As luck would have it there's a sale going on at reality xp too 😀 .

so I'm aware of the following mods:

• battery switch/external power & guage
  • Your panel mod
  • an FDE mod

Are there others I should look for, or perhaps they've been consolidated?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

1 hour ago, cptrobie said:

Bert,

Thank you for the info!

As luck would have it there's a sale going on at reality xp too 😀 .

so I'm aware of the following mods:

• battery switch/external power & guage
  • Your panel mod
  • an FDE mod

Are there others I should look for, or perhaps they've been consolidated?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

I only use the last two.. along with various repaints.. :smile:

Bert

13 minutes ago, cptrobie said:

is the FDE mod the same one listed on the Carenado PC-12 site?

Optional FDE patch for Carenado PC12 P3D

Can you provide search terms/link to your panel mod?

Panel mod is per request via PM, including your email address.. don't know about the FDE mod.. Believe that is the right one..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert