Sign in to follow this  

Autopiolet direct to with FMC?

Whether "direct to" routes are realistic or not is not the point. The OP wanted to know how to fly a "direct to" route between two airports, and now he knows how to do it. I use "direct to" sections between multiple waypoints all the time.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:54 AM, kevinh said:

Maybe not 😉 though I recall Kyle saying direct routes were quite common in the USA. Definitely not in Europe. 

There are several counties in Europe that do not have a High/Low altitude airway system, everything is direct.  🙂

Grace and Peace, 

Edited by Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

17 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

There are several counties in Europe that do not have a High/Low altitude airway system, everything is direct.  🙂

Grace and Peace, 

Yeah. I recall Spain or Portugal using that kind of system.

Kyle Rodgers

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, kevinh said:

Regarding "Direct To" this is not a specific function in the Boeing FMC however it is easily accomplished. Open the FMC LEGS page. If the waypoint you want to fly direct to is already in the route press the line select key (lsk) on the left, next to the waypoint. This will put the waypoint name in the CDU scratchpad. Now click on the top left lsk which represents the next waypoint to be flown to. This "upselects" the desired waypoint as the next waypoint in the route.

If the waypoint is not in the route, just enter it in the scratchpad using the CDU keypad and press the top left lsk as before.

Now just press EXECUTE and the modified route is activated.

I would append to this that if you are flying a route and the fix you're trying to go direct to is past LEGS page 1 that once you have line-selected it to the stratchpad, press the FIX key again before line-selecting it to 1L (the uppermost left soft key).  This will return you to LEGS page 1, ensuring that your desired fix is the actual direct-to point.

Edited by 1290SASRider

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals