Sign in to follow this  
JerseyShorePilot

Atlantic City Airport Scenery

I purchased Atlantic City Airport by Fsxscenery through PCAviator.com. I can download and install it but FSX Steam Edition is not finding the files automatically. I can't see the files in the scenery library and I can't manually add them. I am running Windows 10, 64-bit on a fairly new desktop. Anybody offer some help?

SKU DL-FSXKACY
COMPATIBILITY FSX/FSX:SE/P3D v3, v4
MEDIA INSTANT DOWNLOAD
SIZE (Mb) 456
MANUFACTURER Fsxscenery
PUBLISHER Fsxscenery (MORE)

Have you activated the scenery in FSX-SE?

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Have you looked in your Addon Scenery folder for the Atlantic City Airport folder?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

21 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Have you activated the scenery in FSX-SE?

I downloaded the scenery to my download folder. Then I extracted the files and saved them in various flight sim folders over the course of a few hours trying to get this to work. But when I open FXS Steam and look for the files in the scenery library the files are not there. I tried to use the add scenery button but it's weird what happens. I can manually find the scenery and texture folders and files, but when I click on them nothing happens as far as FSX is concerned.

13 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Have you looked in your Addon Scenery folder for the Atlantic City Airport folder?

But when I open FXS Steam and look for the files in the scenery library the files are not there. I tried to use the add scenery button but it's weird what happens. I can manually find the scenery and texture folders and files, but when I click on them nothing happens as far as FSX is concerned. They're not being added to the scenery library for some reason.

I don't understand what you mean by  adding the files to the various folders. If this is an addon scenery, all the files should be placed in the addon scenery folder and then they should automatically load into FSX SE. Do you have the Addon Scenery folder in your scenery library and it's activated?

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

I don't understand what you mean by  adding the files to the various folders. If this is an addon scenery, all the files should be placed in the addon scenery folder and then they should automatically load into FSX SE. Do you have the Addon Scenery folder in your scenery library and it's activated?

It creates an add on scenery folder when I extract the files and save them. The installer is sending them to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon scenery\KACY Atlantic City International Airport FSX

I agree with Rick!  The download should consist of a single folder probably labeled with the airport identifier KACY.  Inside that folder would be 2 folders called Scenery and Texture.  The KACY folder should be in the Addon Scenery folder so it can be found when you use the "add" button on the Scenery Library.

Have you ever had problems adding things to your FSX-SE?  I see you have it installed in the default location which may cause difficulties.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

24 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I agree with Rick!  The download should consist of a single folder probably labeled with the airport identifier KACY.  Inside that folder would be 2 folders called Scenery and Texture.  The KACY folder should be in the Addon Scenery folder so it can be found when you use the "add" button on the Scenery Library.

Have you ever had problems adding things to your FSX-SE?  I see you have it installed in the default location which may cause difficulties.

No problems until trying to add this scenery. I have FTX Global by Orbx. That was only other add on the base FSX Steam.

When I am in the Add Scenery section of FSX Steam, as I dive into each layer of the file path I eventually get to the KACY folder. Then it splits into Scenery and Texture subfolders. When I click on Scenery (or Texture), it pops up in the directory box but when I click ok I get the message: No Items Match Your Search.  

Also, I don't see a separate Addon Scenery folder in the FSX Steam scenery library. I assumed it gets added when the new scenery files are added. Should there be a pre-existing Addon Scenery folder? 

FSX has an issue when adding scenery.  Make sure you follow the following directions, especially about clicking in the white area - https://www.nmgsimulations.co.za/how-to-add-scenery-into-fsx-fsx-steam-edition/#.W8No0vZRf-g

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Also once you see the Scenery-Texture folders, that's as far as you dive into it.  Now you click on the "white" area to add the airport scenery.

Charlie Aron

Slightly off topic, but is the compatible with P3d v4? I'd like an ACY.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma