Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

Choosing MCE FO voice to interact with RC4

Hello all, 

I have been able to get MCE FO to interact with RC4 using the modified rc4 winwood 50,51 and 52 folders and files provided in the package. However, I can't figure out how to change the voice to match the FO I'm using in MCE (unless its William or Lorna). Let say I'm using Trav as my FO voice in MCE, and I want hear Trav's voice interacting RC4 as well, can you explain how I would make that change. 

Thanks again. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Jalbino59,

The only voices that are available in RC4 are William, Lorna and Stuart (the latter being me!). If you want to use other MCE voices you can only choose a voice in RC4 which sounds similar.  This is because like MCE recorded voices, RC4 relies on an individual recording hundreds of phrases.  Fortunately, I had recorded RC4 phrases some years ago, so offered to do the same for MCE.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Thank you for your answer Stuart.  That certainly explains the many .wav files in those folders, and it should have been a hint!

Regards!

Jose 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Just like to express my appreciation to Stuart (and William & Lorna) for the obviously time consuming effort of recording all those phrases to make our flight sim experience even more real.

They are my unsung heroes!

On 11/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, Tight Git said:

Just like to express my appreciation to Stuart (and William & Lorna) for the obviously time consuming effort of recording all those phrases to make our flight sim experience even more real.

They are my unsung heroes!

Lorna says thank you as well! 🙂

Thanks for the thanks! :biggrin:

(I was looking for a "thumbs up" emoticon but there doesn't seem to be one in the normal selection...)