Recommended Posts

   When I load all required data in FMC I´m use to se the origin arpt in ND and in legs page. Now I get "Vector" as the first point. I have sel. SID and RWY. Also I can not see the arpt map in ND which I´m used to see when I fly in Europe. I´m no att KMSP for a short flight to KDEN. Please see added file for more info. I guess the solution is very simple but I need some help from some kind person in this forum.

 

c7GeziWkVRzLGToM0V7KGPIUAWM99UJI-JV8Pw3g

Edited by Oskar Speer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

15 minutes ago, Oskar Speer said:

When I load all required data in FMC I´m use to se the origin arpt in ND and in legs page. Now I get "Vector" as the first point. I have sel. SID and RWY. Also I can not see the arpt map in ND which I´m used to see when I fly in Europe. I´m no att KMSP for a short flight to KDEN. Please see added file for more info. I guess the solution is very simple but I need some help from some kind person in this forum.

Looks like you've selected a vectored sid (or a hybrid sid with a vector leg).

It is EXTREMELY important that you always look over the charts for the SID you're flying. Particularly in this case. Not knowing the SID you're attempting to fly, I can't give you the specific chart, but:

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KMSP

Scroll down to the SIDs (near the bottom) and open up the chart. It is likely that the vectored SID you're using has a Page 2, so open that one, and you'll see more instructions on what will likely happen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oskar Speer said:

   When I load all required data in FMC I´m use to se the origin arpt in ND and in legs page. Now I get "Vector" as the first point. I have sel. SID and RWY. Also I can not see the arpt map in ND which I´m used to see when I fly in Europe. I´m no att KMSP for a short flight to KDEN. Please see added file for more info. I guess the solution is very simple but I need some help from some kind person in this forum.

I think all the departures at KMSP are on vectors to the departure gate, this looks like the SCHEP9 departure and it looks like you are departing on one of the 12 runways.  Bascially, you are taking off to the SE and your departure procedure is to the SW so you would expect a vector to turn you right to the SW and towards the first waypoint HUGIR.  Note the text for DME acft presume you do not have an initial assigned heading from 060-120, which basically keeps traffic away from a noise sensitive area E of airport.    I just use the ATC in my head and fly a standard departure pattern:  Above 400 AGL turn to 310 (a 90 deg right turn called the crosswind) and when 10 nm from airport go direct HUGIR. I delay until 10 so I'm climbing out below the inbound downwind traffic for 12 which will be about 5 nm then turn to join your route.

It's very helpful to watch how the actual traffic departs the airport on FlightAware.  And as Kyle says... you must have the charts.

Edited by downscc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely!

Remember there are two primary types of departures for this type of flying.... SIDs with Radar Vectors (ATC will provide you with vectors to your first waypoint/departure gate (not talking about the gate at the terminat) and RNAV which provides waypoints from the start (so no need for vectors).

As Kyle said, this information can be found on the Runway Chart(s).  If you need charts, you can find them for free at:

USA

http://www.airnav.com/

https://skyvector.com/

Europe

https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/cms-eadbasic/opencms/en/login/ead-basic/

EADs requires you to create an account, but it's free.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Looks like you've selected a vectored sid (or a hybrid sid with a vector leg).

It is EXTREMELY important that you always look over the charts for the SID you're flying. Particularly in this case. Not knowing the SID you're attempting to fly, I can't give you the specific chart, but:

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KMSP

Scroll down to the SIDs (near the bottom) and open up the chart. It is likely that the vectored SID you're using has a Page 2, so open that one, and you'll see more instructions on what will likely happen.

Thank´s for helpful info! I will take a look. I use Navigraph in conjunction with Simbrief Downloader . 

ROUTING:
ROUTE ID: DEFRTE
KMSP/12L SCHEP9 ONL KIPPR5 KDEN/26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Absolutely!

Remember there are two primary types of departures for this type of flying.... SIDs with Radar Vectors (ATC will provide you with vectors to your first waypoint/departure gate (not talking about the gate at the terminat) and RNAV which provides waypoints from the start (so no need for vectors).

As Kyle said, this information can be found on the Runway Chart(s).  If you need charts, you can find them for free at:

USA

http://www.airnav.com/

https://skyvector.com/

Europe

https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/cms-eadbasic/opencms/en/login/ead-basic/

EADs requires you to create an account, but it's free.

 

Thanks for good info and thanks for the links!

Edited by Oskar Speer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Oskar Speer said:

Thanks for good info and thanks for the links!

You are very welcome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as a tidbit, the standard (at least where I work) is to set assigned heading with heading bug if it’s given with the takeoff clearance, then at 400ft call for “heading select”  VNAV armed on the ground but not LNAV  

Also, the departure airport should not be included in the legs page, even without a SID. It will be on RTE page 1, but there is never a reason to have it on the legs page. 

Edited by Jetlinker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 5:45 AM, Jetlinker said:

Just as a tidbit, the standard (at least where I work) is to set assigned heading with heading bug if it’s given with the takeoff clearance, then at 400ft call for “heading select”  VNAV armed on the ground but not LNAV  

Also, the departure airport should not be included in the legs page, even without a SID. It will be on RTE page 1, but there is never a reason to have it on the legs page. 

Thank´s for good help! I confused RTE and Leg page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now