Sign in to follow this  
mozart

FMC error - SBGL no runways

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have an issue with runway data for an airport; I use Navigraph data.

On a recent flight EDDF-SBGL I could not select any runway for SBGL: no runway nor any STARs were listed. I had previous received an FMS alert saying that there was an issue with runway 14 at SBGL. That runway does not even exist (and precisely that could be the source of error: some bogus runway with bogus data is in the database, screwing up all the rest).

Does anyone have the same problem? Any ideas how to fix this? The problem seems to persist, I have experienced it for the current AIRAC cycle as well as the previous one.

Thanks for any help, Chris 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Type aircraft? An exact wording of the FMS alert would have been very helpful so now anyone trying to help as to guess.  Was the message RWY 14 N/A?  If this is the NGX we have to have a lot more information. If 747/777 then exit simulator then delete the <sim root>\PMDG\NAVDATA\ARPT_RWY.DAT file. It will be rebuilt next time you load the 747/777.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mozart,

 SBGL don't have more RWY 14. No more. Now SBGL is RWY 10-28 and 15-33.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fabiano.S said:

Mozart,

 SBGL don't have more RWY 14. No more. Now SBGL is RWY 10-28 and 15-33.

Because of construction works on runway 15 at Galeao, a NOTAM has been issued (effective until 30NOV18) displacing the threshold a couple hundred meters forward. The displaced threshold was numbered as runway 14 and a new RNAV approach has been published for this runway. So yes, runway 14 does temporarily exist.

Edited by MrPlaneDriver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrPlaneDriver said:

Because of construction works on runway 15 at Galeao, a NOTAM has been issued (effective until 30NOV18) displacing the threshold a couple hundred meters forward. The displaced threshold was numbered as runway 14 and a new RNAV approach has been published for this runway. So yes, runway 14 does temporarily exist.

Then this depends on your navdata provider if in the latest airac they included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Then this depends on your navdata provider if in the latest airac they included.

I use Navigraph and they have included this runway in the database (navdata and charts) since the NOTAM became effective in back August. Never had problems with it. I don't know about Aerosoft's Nav Data Pro, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this