Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

LorbyLiveTraffic 1.14 released

Hello @ll,

Lorby Live Traffic has been updated to 1.14 today.

We are having a lot of fog this time of the year, and I realized that this wasn't really depicted that well when using the "real weather" option in LLTX. With version 1.14 low visibility should look much better in the sim.

As a reminder: since LLTX 1.12 the "real weather" can be injected continuously, every 15 minutes. This is not really a "weather engine" - it just grabs the current METAR from the NOAA and makes the sim depict that weather information.

LLTX is available as a free download on the Lorby-SI website.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver, thanks for letting us know.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

19 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

As a potential customer/user who haven't heard about Lorby before, could you please add a sticky to your forum that informs about what LLTX is? 🙂 Couldn't see that any of the stickies had a title about this.

Look here:

http://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

30 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

As a potential customer/user who haven't heard about Lorby before, could you please add a sticky to your forum that informs about what LLTX is? 🙂 Couldn't see that any of the stickies had a title about this.

Hello Andreas,

this sticky here contains brief descriptions of the freeware apps:

But the app has progressed since then of course. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you Oliver for this program, I recently ran into it by accident looking for something else and I am using it with Real Traffic as the data source.

This has fixed a decade problem of flying across Australia in silence as AI programs never generated enough enroute traffic even at high settings.

The one thing I noticed was I expected to use AI mode to get ATC interaction, however Live mode also provides ATC interaction (I use PF3), so another bonus. 

On that,  a program (I am not sure which one, LLTX or PF3) does not read the callsign / flight number i.e.Jetstar 524 - it says Jetstar Alpha India Romeo Whiskey (I assume Jetstar Airways) or Virgin Alpha Uniform Sierra Tango (I assume Virgin Australia).

As I did not expect Live mode to have ATC chatter at all, it is a huge bonus but thought it worth asking the question. Is this the expected behaviour or is there something I should point somewhere as it is the combination of both that seems to read the airline name as opposed to the callsign?

I really enjoy the program - thank you!

Kind regards,

Mark

Edited by mwa05
Spelling

Hello Mark,

no, I didn't expect any interaction in Live mode, because that definitely doesn't work with default ATC. I never really thought about that, but it stands to reason that PF3 must have a completely different mechanism than default ATC, especially since it only has SimConnect to work on. May I ask what kind of ATC messages you are getting?

I have PF3 too, but it has been a while since I have used it (or flown in the simulator at all for that matter). I will see if I can reactivate it to hear for myself. And what AI aircraft package are you using?

There are only three pieces of information that PF3 can work on, that is the ATC-ID (which doubles as the tail number in some conditions), the airline and the flight number. All fields are set by LLTX, but obviously not in a way that PF3 likes to see. I would need a comparison with the planes of other AI products and their representation in PF3 language to figure out how to set those variables. Do you have any other AI product? And how does PF3 talk to them? 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, mwa05 said:

Thank you Oliver for this program, I recently ran into it by accident looking for something else and I am using it with Real Traffic as the data source.

This has fixed a decade problem of flying across Australia in silence as AI programs never generated enough enroute traffic even at high settings.

The one thing I noticed was I expected to use AI mode to get ATC interaction, however Live mode also provides ATC interaction (I use PF3), so another bonus. 

On that,  a program (I am not sure which one, LLTX or PF3) does not read the callsign / flight number i.e.Jetstar 524 - it says Jetstar Alpha India Romeo Whiskey (I assume Jetstar Airways) or Virgin Alpha Uniform Sierra Tango (I assume Virgin Australia).

As I did not expect Live mode to have ATC chatter at all, it is a huge bonus but thought it worth asking the question. Is this the expected behaviour or is there something I should point somewhere as it is the combination of both that seems to read the airline name as opposed to the callsign?

I really enjoy the program - thank you!

Kind regards,

Mark

Off topic....please forgive

Mark,

Have you installed the ORBX freeware AU airline/GA AI traffic, up to date models and schedules add to the open spaces that is Australia

Steve

steve southey

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Mark,

no, I didn't expect any interaction in Live mode, because that definitely doesn't work with default ATC. I never really thought about that, but it stands to reason that PF3 must have a completely different mechanism than default ATC, especially since it only has SimConnect to work on. May I ask what kind of ATC messages you are getting?

I have PF3 too, but it has been a while since I have used it (or flown in the simulator at all for that matter). I will see if I can reactivate it to hear for myself. And what AI aircraft package are you using?

There are only three pieces of information that PF3 can work on, that is the ATC-ID (which doubles as the tail number in some conditions), the airline and the flight number. All fields are set by LLTX, but obviously not in a way that PF3 likes to see. I would need a comparison with the planes of other AI products and their representation in PF3 language to figure out how to set those variables. Do you have any other AI product? And how does PF3 talk to them? 

Best regards

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for replying.

I have UTL installed, which is the AI program I use. I also have MT6, which is not active (via your add on tool, it is deselected and my traffic sliders in P3Dv4 are set to zero).

What I do is flight plan, open AS16 and add my flight plan, open PF3 and add the flight plan, set up my callsign, departure RWY, arrival RWY, descent profile, STAR transition etc in PF3, run Real Traffic exe, open LLTX, run P3Dv4, select my departure airport, vehicle, then start the sim.

Once the Sim is initialised (i.e A320 YMML G46), I connect PF3, then connect LLTX.

Done.

Fly as normal...the aircraft interacting on the ground are UTL aircraft and taking off and landing but once airborne, LLTX generated traffic starts interacting with PF3 ATC as well.

For example, I take off, and on departures a UTL generated aircraft on the same frequency will be referred to as Singapore Two Two One (SQ221) and then LLTX generated aircraft on climb behind me from the same airport (and on the Real Traffic Radar) is for example JST441 (Jetstar Four Four One) however PF3 will refer to it as Jetstar Alpha India Romeo Whiskey... which to me seems like it is reading a table that says Jetstar Airways - it is grabbing the first four letters (an ATC callsign usually has up to 4 digits) so there is some sort of logic at play.

Throughout an entire flight, PF3 handles LLTX traffic like any other AI... I did a flight from Hong Kong to Singapore earlier in the week and the skies were busy with LLTX traffic, however all were referred to in the manner I set out. Occasionally I would hear a Cathay Two Four One, and if I looked at the AI traffic list in Sim, that was a UTL generated AI, not LLTX.

Essentially PF3 handles LLTX generated traffic (UTL models) in the same way it handles default traffic, FTX AU traffic (which I also have) and MT6. The only difference is the callsign, with the flight number being replaced with what seems the first four letters of the second word of the carrier i.e Airlines, Airways, Atlantic (Virgin Alpha Tango Lima Alpha).

Any other questions let me know, I love this program and happy to help.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by mwa05
Did not answer one of your questions.

Hello Mark,

I will look into it. My options are limited though - my primary concern was that the aircraft information must look good in a monitoring program (like my AITracker X).

I don't have any information if UTx is renaming the aircraft beyond assigning the ATC-ID, or if ATC just uses the information in the aircraft.cfg - like it would with BGL based traffic.

That "interaction" between PF3 and the LLTX AI is probably just a narration of what the aircraft are doing - same as most other ATC programs do, including default. PF3 registers an aircraft entering your vicinity and/or ATC control zone, and when you are on the right frequency, it plays some chatter for you (ATC request and pilot response are both played by PF3, it doesn't actually "interact" with the AI in any way).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

8 hours ago, mwa05 said:

with the flight number being replaced with what seems the first four letters of the second word of the carrier i.e Airlines, Airways, Atlantic (Virgin Alpha Tango Lima Alpha).

On second thought, this may be the missing clue. I am replacing the airline information of the AI aircraft with the "real" airline name from the LLTX database, so it looks more realistic on a text-based monitoring program. Maybe ATC doesn't like that, because the sim is using the airline call signs instead of their name? So it gets confused by an airline designation that is composed of two parts.

I will check this out over the weekend, and if that really is the case, then I can make the airline renaming to be optional.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Thank you, anything you do is very much appreciated.

I have no issue with how it works now as I did not expect it to; the fact that PF3 was indeed talking to LLTX traffic when selected live, was a bonus!

Thanks again, I think this is a very lovely little program which I really appreciate.

Regards,

Matk

Hello Mark,

can you please send me an email? The address is on the last page of the manual. Then I will send you a link to a new LLTX version to check out, see if I am correct about the airline naming convention - you can do that a lot faster than I can. (I already made the change to the app itself).

32 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

Thanks again, I think this is a very lovely little program which I really appreciate.

Thank you - but are you sure that you are not confusing LLTX with some other app? 😊

Best regards

LORBY-SI

14 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Mark,

Best regards

I'll try this with ProATC

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!