Sign in to follow this  
Alistair Logie

UK2000 sale

20 hours ago, sunjunkiesi said:

I would be very careful using UK2000 airports in conjunction with orbx. Traditionally these two products have not played well together with each developer blaming the other for the issues.  I had to uninstall all 3 UK2000 VFR sets to enable me to carry on using ORBX England without issues.

I use the 3 UK2000 VFR sets and almost every UKXtreme airport with Orbx England, Wales, etc without any major issues and am very pleased with them. Using them with Orbx scenery does of course requires deactivating certain Orbx files to avoid duplicate AFCADS for airports/airfields which are included in both developer’s products. The result however is a nice combination of Orbx scenery with UKXtreme/UK2000 airfields. Although the airfields included in Orbx England are good, I would agree with the view that the airfields in UK2000 bundles are more accurate and certainly great value.

Bill

No date on when the sale ends.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, I think they are an improvement although the Orbx stuff is good too, so it's up to you. I just wish Orbx would bang out their Barton scenery for P3D as well as XPlane, as that one is stunning.

Re Camphill: Having flown lots of aeroplanes to and from Camphill at the D&LGC many times, I can recommend that scenery when installed into Condor 2 if you want to simulate gliders operating from there. You can download that scenery free and it includes all the surrounding Peak District area as photorealistic terrain.

Thanks, I think I’ll stick with Orbx then and wait to see how Orbx TE looks in P3D. I read that in the XP version they have removed their smaller airport models to stop negative interaction with gateway scenery. I would hope for P3D they keep the U.K. region small airfield models in place.

Ive got Condor 2 with U.K. North scenery installed is that what you were referring to or is their a specific Peak District scenery available?

I live near camp hill so although I know it’s strictly for gliders I do occasionally like to land GA stuff there in P3D

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

8 hours ago, jon b said:

Thanks, I think I’ll stick with Orbx then and wait to see how Orbx TE looks in P3D. I read that in the XP version they have removed their smaller airport models to stop negative interaction with gateway scenery. I would hope for P3D they keep the U.K. region small airfield models in place.

Ive got Condor 2 with U.K. North scenery installed is that what you were referring to or is their a specific Peak District scenery available?

I live near camp hill so although I know it’s strictly for gliders I do occasionally like to land GA stuff there in P3D

I meant the North UK scenery which you apparently already have.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here