Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

P3D 4.4: Flytampa Amsterdam - elevation issues

Has anyone installed Flytampa's Amsterdam with 4.4 and if so, are you experiencing elevation issues?

My 747 is half submerged beneath the visible ground level.

Orbx AEC has not rectified the issue.  I have installed the FT EHAM patch and the 1.1 update - but no luck.  First time I'm having an issue with elevation at EHAM, never been a problem  before which couldn't be resolved using Orbx AEC.

Is your EHAM installed via .xml oder scenery.cfg?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Is your EHAM installed via .xml oder scenery.cfg?

scenery cfg.

12 minutes ago, Zaros said:

Make sure Amserdam_LC is added to that list, without it you will see this weird problems.

It is added and it is below the Airport.

27 minutes ago, casv said:

Move the "AFX_EHAM_flytampa_dummy.bgl" file from World/scenery folder to Base/scenery folder.

No, unfortunately not.  I tried that last night.

I'm beginning to think this issue might be related to the other issue I'm having and that perhaps, refreshing the terrain.cfg might resolve these anomalous issues.

I just wasn't expecting to have to troubleshoot this extensively,  into what is still,  a work in progress installation routine which I have done many times (without issue)  following the same sequence.

If you had the freeware NL2000 scenery installed previously, then there is little hope of resolving this issue.  I tried for weeks and sought help from NL2000 guys but they never replied back.  In the end, I had to uninstall P3D completely and reinstall and that resolved it.  Just couldn't find the file that was causing this, and I know quite a lot about scenery/installs/third party products.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Was going to say erich was it a fresh clean install of 4.4?

14ppkc-6.png

50 minutes ago, tooting said:

Was going to say erich was it a fresh clean install of 4.4?

Yes

ahh.. im just in the process of doing a clean install ill see what happens i also have trueearth

14ppkc-6.png

14 minutes ago, tooting said:

ahh.. im just in the process of doing a clean install ill see what happens i also have trueearth

I'm thinking about getting that.    Looks good.

Hope this help

Unfortunately is the way that is loaded in P3D and FT install in old method using scenery.cfg, I had problem myself

If you have orbx it can happen as the scenery method sometime conflict with XML method.

Set with the control panel ADEX_FLYTAMPA_EHAM_2016_ALLRWYSOPEN.bgl all runway in use.

Try to use AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4 from lorby and move from scenery to addon.xml method.

Or use the code below in a xml file and manually place in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Flytampa folder respect that order.

Don't forget to remove  in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg.

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>x:\FlyTampa\Amsterdam_LC</Path>
    <Name>EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol - Landclass</Name>
    <Layer>253</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>x:\FlyTampa\Amsterdam</Path>
    <Name>EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol - Airport</Name>
    <Layer>255</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>