Sign in to follow this  
Lenny777

Recommendations for best GA twin turbo prop or Piston

40 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Do you even read your own posts? It was you who wrote that PMDG uses the 'tweak' with the increased thrust to overcome the friction problem.

?

True, but it does still not taxi with idle thrust (PMDG 737). I need to keep a little bit of power to keep it moving. But compared to default, it's a huge improvement.

Edited by NorwegianAviator

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

22 minutes ago, robert young said:

No. You can alter the effective power without affecting fuel flow. I know you mean well, but you are increasingly making just wild statements that are simply not true. Almost everything is tweakable, given time. It's a simulator and not real. The numbers don't really count. Everything at this level of simulation is compromise, fudging and smoke and mirrors. That's why it costs you less than $60 or whatever the price is, rather than Millions, and even the Million $/£ ones are full of compromises, fudging and tweaks that divert from the theoretical calculations.

I still haven't seen that in P3D. Not since v3 with fsuipc and dynamic friction enabled, which unfortunately does not work in v4. It's 200 USD for most of us I guess. Comparing this to a full motion sim is not fair, because in a full motion sim it's not the software that runs the sim that costs millions. I don't know if it's just me, but everything seems to be perfect in P3D, yet no developer is doing this.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

43 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

That's complete nonsense and you apparently don't know any high quality airplanes in P3D.

Reading your various statements it's obvious that you think that x-plane is superior, but this simply isn't the case and the old x-plane vs. P3D/FSX discussion definitely isn't necessary. 

Well, I only fly PMDG, Majestic and A2A in P3D. None of these are famous for making crappy products.
I don't want to sound rude, but what I think about X-plane is not the topic in this thread. Neither is P3D vs XP. However, I agree that I am a bit disappointed about the turboprop simulation in P3D which in my opinion is broken and needs to be fixed and improved from the core of the sim. In my opinion it's not the developers work to fix broken core functionality.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Piston Twin:  MilViz Cessna 310R + A2A AccuFeel

Turbine Twin:  Flysimware Cessna 441 Conquest II + A2A AccuFeel

Bigger Turbine Twin:  Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended + A2A AccuFeel (plus you can have floats!)

The only thing with the Twin Otter is you can't put the GTN-750 into the panel, you have to have it as a pop-up.

17 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

Piston Twin:  MilViz Cessna 310R + A2A AccuFeel

Turbine Twin:  Flysimware Cessna 441 Conquest II + A2A AccuFeel

Bigger Turbine Twin:  Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended + A2A AccuFeel (plus you can have floats!)

The only thing with the Twin Otter is you can't put the GTN-750 into the panel, you have to have it as a pop-up.

I'm seriously thinking about the Twin Otter.  I have the other two already--they are very fine aircraft sims.  Thanks for you input.

Edited by StewartH
  • Like 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

19 minutes ago, StewartH said:

I'm seriously thinking about the Twin Otter.  I have the other two already--they are very fine aircraft sims.  Thanks for you input.

The AS Twin Otter is a great plane. But taxiing this plane is a pain in the bu** due to the turboprop issues in P3D (also stated by as), and due to the ground friction bug. I have tried to fix this using the "turboprop tweak", but without success. The plane refuses to start and then the sim crashes if I add this tweak to the aircraft.cfg file. That being said, AS is now considering a new version hopefully with custom engine simulation along with new features and improvements. So, it might be a good advice to hold on for a bit and monitor the Twin Otter support forum for a little while 😉

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

2 minutes ago, NorwegianAviator said:

The AS Twin Otter is a great plane. But taxiing this plane is a pain in the bu** due to the turboprop issues in P3D (also stated by as), and due to the ground friction bug. I have tried to fix this using the "turboprop tweak", but without success. The plane refuses to start and then the sim crashes if I add this tweak to the aircraft.cfg file. That being said, AS is now considering a new version hopefully with custom engine simulation along with new features and improvements. So, it might be a good advice to hold on for a bit and monitor the Twin Otter support forum for a little while 😉

Thanks for the advice.  I shall do so--it should be interesting.

• Like 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

3 hours ago, StewartH said:

Thanks for the advice.  I shall do so--it should be interesting.

Yes, I'm a big fan of the Twin Otter myself, and I really hope AS will do a re-make of their Twin Otter up to todays standards, including fixes for the turboprop engine like Milviz has done to their Turbo Otter. Would be really awesome! I have been flying RW Designs Twin Otter for XP, but it's quite poorly made in regards to systems, bugs and other stuff so I can't really recommend it.

But it appears from the AS forum that they are really considering doing another version of their Twin Otter 🙂

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

If you want to know an aircraft that taxis on idle thrust,

FSL A320-A319 engine type IAE, not only do they, like the real thing you have to keep them under control with braking.

Release the brakes and away you go.

If you want to take your siming to the highest level possible then FSL is the place to go, currently the A319 is the pinnacle of what’s available.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well, PMDG will release their J41 for P3D v4.

The J41 is already on 32 bit games though.

Any time now, PMDG...

The J41 is on hold it’s not going to be any time soon and that’s a PMDG “soon”

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 12/11/2018 at 4:20 AM, arwasairl said:

Well, PMDG will release their J41 for P3D v4.

When pigs fly and the moon turns in to a hobnob! I've just about given up on it now, I only switched to P3Dv4 because they said the JS41 was coming to it "soon". Starting to investigate the Carenado Saab 340 as an alternative, especially now PMDG stripped out the GNS-XLS.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hi Folks,

Yep - the J41 is the only aircraft in their stable I'd be interested in - seems like this aircraft is the red headed step child of the fleet - everything else takes precedence - the FMC goes - then all news of said aircraft after being "close"...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

For those who really must have a BAe Jetstream in P3D V4, you might like to know that Virtualcol's BAe Jetstream 31 works just fine in P3D V4.4.

Now anyone who knows Virtualcol's products will of course be aware that they make cheap and cheerful stuff, so it's no PMDG by any stretch of the imagination, but as the basis for something you can start sticking your own ISG gauges and avionics into and messing about with the config files  without being too concerned about breaking the bank, it does provide an an extremely inexpensive project aeroplane with which to do this, since it is only about ten quid to buy.

Here it is, happily flying in P3D V4.4:

wsalNAO.png

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here